Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    painter187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Motorcycle parking violation for being near a handicap spot?
    Okay, yesterday at Wal-Mart I ran in for a few minutes to grab a few things and parked my motorcycle on the striped pavement in between 3 concrete posts that were NEAR handicap spots, but not actually in one. I know not to park beside them, etc. on a bike in case vans with lift gates and things like that. But where I was parked there was no way anyone would use that space.
    When I came back out there was a yellow envelope stuck in between my seat and gas tank for a handicap parking violation 1st offense for $253.00! As I was standing there in awe there were about 5 people on their lunch brakes that ran over and said the man who left the ticket was:

1) In an ol' white t-shirt.
    2) Had no car
    3) Took about 9 or 10 polaroid pictures of my motorcycle
    4) As soon as he left the ticket he took off on foot

All of these seemed things they told me about the guy seemed strange to me. They said they've seen him up there before doing that to random cars. And another thing, for the officer name that he wrote on the ticket he just put "LC," but I thought that had to at least put there last names. Also, you can clearly tell that the ticket had been erased before and re-written over. Does anybody have any clue about this and if it's real or fake? PLEASE HELP
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I used to get made at people parking in handycapped spots, My Vet friends would not have place to park.
    I'm tired of seeing Someone hang their Handicap Pass on their mirror and run up to store.
    And then an amputee, some one who really needs it, can't Park.
    It's who you know.
    Some say it's not who you know, its who...
    I got a ticket for Riding Motorcycle with no innertube. It has Tubeless Tires?
    I think most have tubeless tires. Should be able to go to clerks office and see if ticket
    Valid.
    That ticket may have been one originally written for him. Any numbers may identify him.
    Good Luck.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 06:47 PM
    I don't know if you were parked in a handicapped space or not, and I've got no clue whether the ticket is legit or not. But striped areas are generally "no parking" zones. Nothing irks me as much as seeing a car parked on the striped area next to a handicapped spot, since it makes it impossible for someone who needs the extra space because of limited mobility to use the handicapped spot. The other striped areas I tend to see in parking lots are walkways, entry ways, etc.

And Stratmando, there are people who legitimately have handicapped tags that or not obviously physically handicapped. Heart conditions, for example, may require people to limit their activities, without being apparent to the casual observer.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 07:06 PM
    I do believe the ticket is a fake. A real ticket would have the city's police id on it, the city codes and the box checked with the code violation. The officer would not sign his or her name "LC". The real officer would have his or her name on the bottom and the time the ticket was issued. If you do not believe me, take that ticket to the police department or the clerk of court in the court house.

Now about parking in the striped area - if you did that and I pulled up with my son, I would not be able to unload his wheelchair.

Also, I do have a handicap parking permit, actually two, one for my son and one for me, although I am not in wheelchair. I have a disability that is not visible, except when I walk. My youngest son's teacher has a parking permit also and was stopped by a man who tore into her for parking in the handicap parking spot. He told her that she could obviously walk, so what was she doing there? She stood up to her and said, "excuse me while I adjust my leg", and then snapped her right leg orthotic off and it fell to the ground. So before you sit and judge someone who does park there with the permit, think twice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Well a few things, in some cities, they do have retired or handicaped people that are allowed to write handicap tickets, so this very well could be legit, next yes most likely if he was not a police officer he was scared of a biker ( sterotype) I know as a police officer in the past, those who I wrote tickets for esp parking always was going to see the mayor and so on.

The ticket would have your license number and description of vechile normally. And have the current time and date.

Since you have to be sure, ( because if you don't go to court or don't pay the ticket, it only gets worst, no need to get your license suspended for not checking on it.

The only thing that sounds a little off is that the price of the ticket is very low, normally at least here a handicap ticket costs at least 500 dollars for the first one.

But yes parking there is illegal and those stripes are considered part of the handicap space.

I also have a handicap and have my own sticker, but as others mine is not as noticeable, either, And yes I am one of those that calls the police every time someone is parked in a spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Ticket for parking in handicap zone? [ 11 Answers ]

1. You are just turning into the handicap spot. You are backing up and the police blocks you. He gives you a ticket for parking in the handicap zone. 2. You have not parked. You are just picking up someone for 1 minute. As you are backing up the police blocks you and gives you a ticket. Does...

Golf handicap [ 2 Answers ]

How do you work out a golf handicap?

View more questions Search