Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktdismusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Hp p.c. power light on back blinking and power buttom not responding at all
    I unpluged p.c. during a storm and when I pluged it back the power button would not respond? And the power indicator light on the back of p.c. is now blinking? Slowly when unpluged, and faster when I plug in the power cord??
    AceHighDan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 08:25 PM

When you plugged the PC back into the wall, there may have been a build up of electricity between your house and the powerlines outside..
    If that's the case and you pugged in the PC before any other devices into the wall, it may have damaged your power supply and you may need to get a new one...

Before exploring that option, I suggest opening the case and clearing your bios/cmos
    Check your computers manual for instructions on how to do this.
    The computer not turning on anymore after plugging it it back in
    Just may be a coincidence and not have anything to do with the storm at all.

It may also be possible that your computer will not turn on if your bios battery is no longer holding a charge and may have to buy a new one...
    You can get a bios battery almost anywhere for under 10 dollars

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP vs17d blinking power light [ 2 Answers ]

When my HP VS17d monitor comes out of sleep mode there is a blank screen and the blue power light blinks. Sometimes after more than 10 minutes it will start operating.

Won't power on, blinking green power light. [ 6 Answers ]

During a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.

Blinking power light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced the power supply on my computer. Now whenever I shut the computer down the power indicator light located on the front of the tower will blink rapidly followed by a clicking sound. Can anyone tell me what the problem id

View more questions Search