Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Developing pectorial muscles with the Perfect Push-Up Bars
    For years I was overweight but last year I loss around fifthteen pounds, so now I'm kind of lean but my breast have a little more fat on them than I want. My family tells me that I just need to develop some muscle right there to lose that fat; is that true? Also after I lose that fat what routine or how many pushups a day should I do with the Perfect Push-up bar to build a muscular chest by December?
    wpchen Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Building a muscular chest will not help you lose fat, it will however give that illusion since fat will comprise a much smaller percentage of the mass in the area.

To truly lose fat, you can do a combination of things, including cleaning up your diet and increasing your metabolism via exercise.

If you want a muscular chest by December, I would suggest you eat a lot (but in a healthy manner) for optimal gains and purchase a gym membership. Pushups are a great exercise, but at some point, unless you add weight, they are going to lose their ability to give you a lot of mass gains compared to other progressively loaded exercises, such as the different forms of the bench press.

If a gym membership is out of the question, go to a local playground and do dips. Many chests have been built doing dips and pushups. However, do not neglect the other parts of your body such as legs.

Good luck on your goal to a better body, and remember not to slack off in any aspect, whether it be nutrition or training.
    Rabbit91 Posts: 74, Reputation: -5
    -

Jul 26, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duecey93
    For years I was overweight but last year I loss around fifthteen pounds, so now I'm kind of lean but my breast have alittle more fat on them than I want. My family tells me that I just need to develop some muscle right there to lose that fat; is that true? Also after I lose that fat what routine or how many pushups a day should I do with the Perfect Push-up bar to build a muscular chest by december?
    Muscle and fat are total different things-

You need a balanced diet, and a good workout schedule.

With the 'rotating pushup grips' I would go till failure (until you can't do anymore reps).

To build a big chest the "Bench press" is the king mate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog eating granola bars? [ 10 Answers ]

My dog ate one of my nature valley oats and honey crunchy granola bars he hasn't shown any signs of being sick but I'm afraid it might be dangerous for him in the long run. Anyone ever had any experience with this? It's all natural ingredients but I'm still learning about what a dog can and cannot...

Air gap around sleeved copper bus bars [ 1 Answers ]

How much should be the minimum air gap between copper bus bars and the nearby contactor

Creating sidebars and overhead bars [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building the homepage part of the website and I need to make a sidebar and an overhead (upper) bar. How do I do it? **I only want to write a declarion for the whole website so these bars should stay on every page.

Kashi bars [ 4 Answers ]

Are the kashi bars good for you. On commercials they say they are but I don't completely believe that. I have tried it before and they are not bad but they just have about 200 calories in one "roll". That's what they call it but its like a bar. Anyone whose tried it or know about it help/

Why don't panels come with ground bars? [ 8 Answers ]

I bought a sub panel last summer. I had to buy and install a ground bar kit. Time after time I read careful instructions here to buy and install a ground bar, mount it with machine screws, and if a main panel, bond it to the neutral. Where would you use a panel that doesn't need an equipment...

View more questions Search