Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlsun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 08:33 PM
    The dentist refused to treat me after the crown work
    After put in two crowns left upper #15 tooth and lower #19 tooth. I am having pain sensitive to cold and hot beverage and food, can not chew on it. Went back to see the dentist about the problem, now the dentist refused to see me and dropped me off the patient list. What should I do?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 12:04 AM
    Were you in some way argumentative and they found they could no longer work with you?

This action(as you describe it),sounds very suspect, not professional at all,but there are always details, the devil is in those details.

If you can afford crowns,seek a new dentist for a second opinion.As crowns around here range from X-Y.. (lot's of money per),even with insurance, those things aren't cheap.

Under that assumption,you most likely have the means to look beyond this particular dentist and find one who will do what you want them to do.Then you will have one you can do future work with,one you can(hopefully) trust not to 'drop you' from their patient list for no(apparent) reason.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scarpia View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all. I had a dentist butcher me and then give me a hard time about fixing me up. I complained to the state dental society. After that he agreed to fix me up. But he did a terrible job.
    I am sorry you had a bad experience with a dentist,but your mindset was that he messed up once,why then would you return to him?So your perception would change?NOT LIKELY!!

This guy screwed up and now he's going to try to cover himself. You're not going to want to go back to this guy after he did a bad job anyway.
    Like you did.. right... good call.

So you need to go find a good dentist. That can be difficult. Once you have found a good dentist to fix you up then you can file complaints. But don't expect them to go anywhere. The board of dental examiners is made up of dentists and they protect each other.
    Can you supply facts to back up this claim,or is this just supposition? The site here is based on factual information if factual information is put out there... slander and misinformation get questioned.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tlsun View Post
    After put in two crowns left upper #15 tooth and lower #19 tooth. I am having pain sensitive to cold and hot beverage and food, can not chew on it. Went back to see the dentist about the problem, now the dentist refused to see me and dropped me off the patient list. what should I do?
    Care to share the WHOLE story please?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:48 AM

The answer is very simple, if this dentist will not treat you, merely go to another one
    scarpia Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jun 21, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I am sorry you had a bad experience with a dentist,but your mindset was that he messed up once,why then would you return to him?So your perception would change?NOT LIKELY!!!

Like you did..right...good call.

Can you supply facts to back up this claim,or is this just supposition? The site here is based on factual information if factual information is put out there...slander and misinformation get questioned.
    Did you see my answers to your questions before they were deleted? It is very rude of you to give sarcastic replies to someone who is the victim of bad dentistry and has been suffering for 5 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:00 PM

scarpia, first many had some doubts about your posts and issues, sorry too many bad dentists in a row. Some people look for problems and always find them.

Also this was their post about their problems, and not a chance to steal this thread with your issues.

Jun 21, 2010, 07:48 PM

I'm in pain and you are calling me a liar? Looks like there's a reason so few people post in this forum.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Hi scarpia,

Again,I am sorry you have had negative experiences with dentists.

This question was asked by another person,not you.For you to begin to spread a negative connotation about ALL dentists because of your ONE experience,well,that's just contempt prior to investigation.

Your pain is evident,your resentment is also,your perspective is something I was trying to address, wrongly on someone else's thread.

I have asked you to supply facts about the dental board to support your claims, you haven't responded with any.

Does that make you a liar?Or someone who is only venting about their problem on someone else's post.

Nuff said?

Jun 21, 2010, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    hi scarpia,

Again,I am sorry you have had negative experiences with dentists.

This question was asked by another person,not you.For you to begin to spread a negative connotation about ALL dentists because of your ONE experience,well,that's just contempt prior to investigation.

Your pain is evident,your resentment is also,your perspective is something I was trying to address,,wrongly on someone else's thread.

I have asked you to supply facts about the dental board to support your claims,,you haven't responded with any.

Does that make you a liar?Or someone who is only venting about their problem on someone else's post.

Nuff said?
    I did supply facts. They got deleted.

If someone comes on here who has had problems with dentists I think they should know my story so they will know how difficult it is to find a good dentist. And also that they should be VERY careful before having a dentist do major work. I know someone else who had a dentist charge her for VERY poor work. I hope dentists are better in other states. No one should have to go through what I have.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Hi again scarpia,

For you to express your problem with dentists from where ever you are from is generally fine, on a thread you start.

Venting your problems on someone else's post is where the problem lies.

If you can't find satisfaction by posting your problem on something you start,don't start problems for someone else on their post.

Get it?

My first response to the original poster(called the OP) was correct and to the point for their question.When you joined this thread, your comments weren't for their benefit but for your own.And the harshness against dentistry as a whole was suspect.Hence,your posts were deleted.

If you have something to add to a thread,add it,just don't expect too many people to not call you on supposition and slander.

Jun 21, 2010, 08:35 PM

The OP was in pain and the dentist refused to treat him. I just let him know that is not uncommon. My post WAS for his benefit. To let him know to be careful about dentists.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 08:40 PM
    OK,thanks for sharing and please refrain from further claims that can not be proven.

I am no longer going to keep this discussion going,this isn't helping the OP.

Have a better night and perhaps your threads can help you through whatever you need to be helped with:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did my dentist put on a crown without a root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

Two years ago my dentist worked with my front incisors which had been broken in a freak pogo-stick accident when I was a child. Way back then, my childhood dentist told me one day the teeth might die and need root canals. Fifteen years later, I developed a blister over one of the incisors and...

My dentist placed a steel crown on my tooth and said to give it about a year.. [ 3 Answers ]

My dentist gave me a root canal about a year ago. I had bad pain from the injections of the anesthetics. I went by several times to have him check on it and he said he would like to wait to make sure everything was okay and that the tooth (what was left) did not crack or split. I had no...

2nd Mortgage Refused to work with me [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently under contract to short sell a property. The second mortgage holder is holding up the process by refusing to submit updated financial data to the decision maker. They took out some sort of insurance policy that pays them in full, but now they want me to sign a note for a portion of...

While having work done the dentist broke an existing crown. [ 6 Answers ]

I just recently had a crown put on a front tooth right next to an existing crown. The new one was out a little farther the old one which made my teeth come together uneven. Since the Doctor could not add to the new one to make my bite more comfortable I suggested the doctor remove some from the old...

Tooth too small for a crown - dentist wants to trim down my gums [ 1 Answers ]

I'm located in South Korea and I've had a really bad tooth for a while so I decided to take advantage of the national health care and see a dentist about my tooth. I was informed that I needed a crown and "nerve treatment". From the tools that the dentist was using I recognized the files as the...

View more questions Search