Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pisces3106 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Pain and Suffering for Broken Tooth
    I am trying to find out how much I should ask for in regards to pain and suffering from a broken tooth that happened while I was eating a cheeseburger from a local restaurant

The restaurant owner and his insurance company are being very cooperative. My dental insurance will pay for the new crown I have to get. I did tell the insurance rep that I needed reimbursement for days/hours lost from work and for my transportation.

The insurance agent kept asking me if there was anything else I needed to place a claim for. I did a little research and found that I can possibily get compensation for pain and suffering because of the dental work I had done and will have done in the future.

I just can't seem to find any case study that states how much is reasonable.

I LIVE IN PENNSYLVANIA.

Any help would be appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 11:49 AM
    My thought, from my own experiences: Let them make an offer. First to name a price (whether insurance or negotiable purchase, etc.) is generally considered the one with less advantage.

Tell them to make an offer. If you're anywhere near happy with it, counter with double or triple.

... just a thought...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 11:49 AM
    What my teacher said is that they look at their records to see how many cheeseburgers were sold that day and that is the maximum you can claim.
    I think he said the national amount rather than the local amount.
    Either way that has got to be a good bit.
    I don't think you want to go to overboard though cause then they can say see you in court
    Then you would want a lawyer and he would take a good chunk of the money.
    pisces3106 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces3106
    I am trying to find out how much I should ask for in regards to pain and suffering from a broken tooth that happened while I was eating a cheeseburger from a local restaurant

The restaurant owner and his insurance company are being very cooperative. My dental insurance will pay for the new crown I have to get. I did tell the insurance rep that I needed reimbursement for days/hours lost from work and for my transportation.

The insurance agent kept asking me if there was anything else I needed to place a claim for. I did a little research and found that I can possibily get compensation for pain and suffering because of the dental work I had done and will have done in the future.

I just can't seem to find any case study that states how much is reasonable.

I LIVE IN PENNSYLVANIA.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you very much, I have been searching for days and yours is the first straignt answer I have found!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

Tooth broken after the crown [ 7 Answers ]

I put a crown on my upper central incisor but my right tooth got broken and the crown fell down just one week after putting the crown. Whqt shall I do? And how to protect the other one?

Pain & suffering for a child [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 sons were with me when I was in a car accident. The accident was not my fault. I was stopped at a light when another car hit me which made me hit the car in front of me. My one son was fine but my younger son who is 5 & myself were taken by ambulance to the hospital. He was complaining his...

Auto Accident - Pain & Suffering [ 3 Answers ]

Situation has been resolved. Thank you!

Pain & Suffering [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to provide the insurance company with a dollar amount to cover my pain & suffering in order to come to a settlement amount. I am at a complete loss as to what to ask for and was wondering if there was an unspoken average to start with.

View more questions Search