Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fweller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Pain under Crown
    I have been expericing pain (with cold and hot and sometimes chewing) with a molar that already has crown. I saw a dentist last week who said it might be a problem with the tooth under the crown and that I may need a root canal that would be performed by an endodontist. In the meantime, he said I may have a sinus infection and prescribed sme antibiotics. My question is two fold: 1) if it were an sinus issue wouldn't the other teeth be affected as well and not just one? 2) Would a root canal for a crowned tooth be very painful and compicated? :D
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
    It sounds as though you need a root canal. Get it done. There won't be much pain as they remove the root
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
    It's not uncommon for teeth to die after being crowned. The more work done on a tooth the more irritated the nerve becomes. If you have good freezing the root canal should be as comfortable as having a simple filling done. The nerve of the tooth is removed easily.

There should be no need for a new crown to be done. The DDS can drill right through the crown to access the canals to be treated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain under crown [ 7 Answers ]

About 6 months ago I had a root canal and crown put on. About a week ago that tooth started getting sore. What is the problem?

Pain after crown work [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a crown put in and I am having pain deep inside the tooth. Does anyone have an answer to what this might be?

Pain under Crown [ 2 Answers ]

I just visited my dentist's office a second time on this issue. I have have a four crown, 5 year old bridge, and the abutment canine tooth on the right feels -- odd. It still has a root. Two weeks ago, the substitute dentist mine was out of town) saw me, and I explained that I had eaten...

Pain under a crown [ 3 Answers ]

I have a long established crown It has started to give pain The dentist says there may be a cracked tooth underneath With an infection He also says I would lose the tooth if he took off the crown Is there anything I can take to deal with a possible infection?

Pain after crown lengthening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I had crown lengtheining done about 4 1/2 weeks ago. It was a difficult recovery but the doc said that it was healing well. I went Thursday to have the new crown put on and the Doc had difficulty getting the old crown off. Once completed, she felt that the gums were still too "unhealed and...

View more questions Search