Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anniereist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 04:27 AM
    If bite is off can it be bad
    I had a crown pop off. The dentists recementated it and now my bite is off. I have already gone back once and he shaved and shaved and shaved. It's better but still not perfect should let it go or can it do damage to my jaw?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2007, 06:36 AM
    It can do damage to your entire mouth if the bite is off, at least to the side the crown is on. Constant irritation (teeth move slightly anyway) will not benefit either top or bottom.

How long had you had the crown pop off after you had it done ?

He has to make everything fit properly.
    anniereist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    It can do damage to your entire mouth if the bite is off, at least to the side the crown is on. Constant irritation (teeth move slightly anyway) will not benefit either top or bottom.

How long had you had the crown pop off after you had it done ?

He has to make everything fit properly.
    It popped off Saturday at like 10:00am and I was in the dentist off Monday at 4:00 to have it put back. Then back in Tuesday at 4:00 to have it shaved. And now it still doesn't feel right. I don't know if I should let it go 24 hours and see if it feels better??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 03:28 AM
    I have always had super luck with crowns and bridges and a good dentist. After he seats a crown and adjusts my bite from the top, there is no further adjustment necessary and everything is quite comfortable. It should be the same way with yours if your dentists knows his stuff.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 07:32 AM
    I agree with Tickle. If your bite felt right before the crown fell off perhaps the dentist hasn't cemented it properly, or it's been overfilled with cement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I bite my fingernails? [ 26 Answers ]

I am a professional very well respected business woman, wife and mother. I cannot stop biting my fingernails! The only way my hands look decent is to wear acrylic nails from the nail salon. I have done this ever since I was in first grade according to my parents. I am now 40. I want to stop...

Spider Bite? [ 4 Answers ]

I have what I think may be a spider bite on the inside of my leg. Yesterday evening I noticed that my upper leg hurt so I lifted my pant leg. I have what looks like a large zit with a black dot in the middle. It's very painful and feels hard like a peanut M & M. It's itchy at times. The main part...

Frost bite [ 1 Answers ]

Why does frost bite become black and seem like a burn(electric, black n singed)... with the blisters as well?:confused:

Bad Bite [ 3 Answers ]

I went to see a dentist about crowns that needed to be done but mostly about Porclian veneers for cosmetic reasons. He told me I needed to have orthodontic work (braces done) before the other work would be successful. My bite is off. Has any one else been told this as well. I know our cases are...

Dog bite [ 1 Answers ]

Our 3 yr old germanshep/cattledog cross just had an argument with a "buddy" during one of our daily outings in the offleash park. It wasn't a vicious fight... just a disagreement.. which lasted about 5 seconds... however our dog ended up with a single tooth wound on his upper foreleg... in the...

View more questions Search