Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seaice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 08:56 AM
    GE Washer making loud noise
    Sorry for the wrong title - I did some additional test and apparently my original thought is wrong...

The model # is WNSE4200A0WW. I took off the cabinet and it is a belt-drive model. The belt feels fine. The motor is running and the belt is working, then within a minute, there are loud noise like something block the rotation and I had to stop it. (this happens both in washing mode - after filling in water, and spin mode) I just test it seems the agitator did rotate. It is not always failing - sometimes both washing and spin are fine without any noise, then sometimes suddenly both will not work from start or after a short period and will produce noise. Draining is fine. Please give me some advice, thanks!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Check the pulleys. Are they spinning freely with the belt off? Does the transmission turn freely in both directions? Also could be the basket drive assembly Clutch and brake. Check these for wear. Also could be the centerpost (spin tube)bearing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirpool Washer won't spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Washer that won't spin.

Whirlpool Washer Spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer that will not go into final spin. You have to manual turn the tub clockwise about two turns, Re-set the switch to final spin, close the lib, then it will go into final spin. What is the problem or do I need to replace the switch. Thank YOu;

View more questions Search