Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leighan Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Hurt mommy
    I have a 15 month old baby girl. I am with my daughter 24/7 and I am basically her security blanket. However, for the past 4 days now she has not wanted me at all. She will only her grandmother or her grandfather. I'm sure this is just a stage, but it hurts. My question is why is she going through this stage and how long will last? She also hits me and then kisses me. I just tell her we do not hit, we love. Hope you can give me answer to my questions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Don't be hurt at all as kids pass through various stages of development. Be patient and loving because you'll need it for when she hits those trrible two's, not fun.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Leighan,

Hello again. The simple answer is to develop a good routine for her. Make meal times, play times and bath times lots of fun but be firm come bedtime.

To re-connect with her you may have to play like a two year old. You'll win her back, she is exerting a little independence which come from learning to walk and talk. Some of these toddlers just get above themselves. Lol Only joking, she sounds sweet. All kids hit a little and just need to be told, "Please don't do that, it hurts mummy."

I wonder too if she is spending a lot of time with your parents? If this continues, you may have to spend more time with her on your own. It doesn't sound too serious but of course these things can become serious. I'd like to suggest that you be the one to feed and bath her for a while, and give her the odd treat. Limit the treats others give her. I'n not saying this is the case but it might be worth considering - The grandparents might be spoiling her a bit too much. Just some thoughts for your consideration. Let us know how she is.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 08:45 PM
    Ah, she is asserting her independence. What a wonderful stage that is, NOT!!

I see that you are with her 24/7, she has recently realised that there is someone there besides Mom. There is no reason for you to be hurt by this, but rather be proud that she is developing at the normal stage in her life. This is the time that many children become curious of other adults in their lives. She is progressing normally in this area.

As for the hitting, this too is a developmental stage. Unless a child is hit often they do not know this is bad. You just have to remain firm in letting her know "this is bad, NO." Or as I would say to mine, "bad, bad." and just hold their hands.

Yes, you are entering the terrible twos. If you believe in them. I personally believe that the terrible twos are more the parents than the child. It is all in what you will allow and how you handle the situation.

I do believe in spanking BUT only if the situation is DANGEROUS. I have 4 children, only one of which has ever had the need to be spanked past the "popping of fingers" when they would touch something dangerous like a kinfe or a light socket.

Back to your subject. What your daughter is going through is normal. Every child goes through certain developmental stages and it seems that she is appropriate for her age.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 4, 2006, 04:23 AM
    The grandparents might be spoiling her a bit too much. Just some thoughts for your consideration. Let us know how she is.
    If they are anything like us, yes they are spoiling your daughter. That's what grandparents do.:)
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2006, 08:47 AM
    "The grandparents might be spoiling her a bit too much. Just some thoughts for your consideration. Let us know how she is."

"If they are anything like us, yes they are spoiling your daughter. That's what grandparents do."

I know they do, I do too. But I did say they 'might' be spoiling her 'a bit too much'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't it hurt? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are waiting to have sex of any kind (oral, etc) till we get married. In the past, guys I have been with would get turned on and they would claim to hurt, because they couldn't "relieve" the hardness. I asked my current boyfriend, if he hurt, when this occurred. He said no. Is...

Why wouldn't it hurt? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are waiting to have sex of any kind (oral, etc) till we get married. In the past, guys I have been with would get turned on and they would claim to hurt, because they couldn't "relieve" the hardness. I asked my current boyfriend, if he hurt, when this occurred. He said no. Is...

How can it still hurt so much? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm sure by now most people know my situation but a quick refresher is that my boyfriend dumped me after 2 years together... its been almost three months now. I asked a question a couple weeks ago about doing a last grand gesture- declare my love and see if it really was over for...

My son's first birthday/1st time mommy :) [ 12 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I thought since I am on here a lot I would show everyone a picture of my son devouring his first cake at his first birthday party :) I have to brag a little, he's my first one!

I'm so hurt [ 12 Answers ]

What should I do in 15 and my boyfriend is 16 we have been together 2 mounths and now he is acting extreamily difficult we are just leaving school and he won't get a job he won't let me hang aroung with boys and he always turns his phone off last night he told me on the phone that he just wonts to...

View more questions Search