Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    figuccio Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:41 AM
    The girl I'm in love with has a boyfriend
    I need advice from an outside source other than bias friends, there is this girl who is my friend she is going out with an ex mate she supposedly has mutual feelings for me she has expressed a certain dislike for some qualities in her boyfriend and has expressed that if circumstances were different she would be with me, every time I get close to getting her to dump her boyfriend she pulls away this goes back even before he was going out with her I would get to a certain point with her it was like she was afraid of something she dropped contact with me then the next time I saw her it was like nothing had happened, normally with all the other girls I have been this would never affect me, before I would have given up but for some reason I can not let go and she is not helping by expressing feelings for me back, I need help what should I do?
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Apr 16, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Well you obviously have strong feelings for her have you told her how much you like her or why she keeps pulling away when you get to ( a certain point ) ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 09:53 AM
    She is getting you prepared in case she gets tired of her current b/f. Its like training a puppy to come when called. Same technique. Hope your house broken.

Apr 17, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Thanks for the abruptness, I probably needed it but.
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by figuccio
    Thanks for the abruptness, i probably needed it but.
    But what?? You asked and that's what I see. What do you expect from a female with a boyfriend, that she complains to you about, and leads you on and is still with him?? Did I miss something?? I wasn't being abrupt, just honest.

Apr 17, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    But what??? You asked and thats what I see. What do you expect from a female with a boyfriend, that she complains to you about, and leads you on and is still with him???? Did I miss something???? I wasn't being abrupt, just honest.
    Whether it was abrupt or honest I needed it. Thank you.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Are you sure she has feelings for you? Are you sure your not just a really close friend? Sounds more like she is just complaining about her boyfriend to you cause you're a good friend
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 17, 2007, 08:52 AM
    I'm afraid you do seem to be her back up plan. If she really wanted to be with you she would honey. All I can suggest is that you try to move on. At worst you will get over this girl, but also she may realise you are not going to sit around and wait for her!

Apr 18, 2007, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Are you sure she has feelings for you? Are you sure your not just a really close friend? Sounds more like she is just complaining about her bf to you cause your a good friend
    I failed to mention that I have hooked up with her while she is going out with him.

Apr 18, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Honey, that still doesn't meant that she has real feelings for you though. She may be confused... I would still back away and give her time and space. While she has a boyfriend and you to be there when he is not, she is never going to let that go. Also if she did leave him and get with you could you trust her not to cheat on you with him, or anyone else for that matter?

Apr 18, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose
    Also if she did leave him and get with you could you trust her not to cheat on you with him, or anyone else for that matter?
    To me that wouldn't matter I wold cross that when it comes to it, she has some problems with her past that I know of that leads me to believe why she does that.
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 05:40 AM
    You can look at this any way you want to, and justify her behavior, but she has shown she is a liar and a cheater. So where does that leave you in this mix, since you have done the same thing she has. This isn't a healthy relationship at all, and she is unhealthy. Its been my experience that misery and pain follow those that engage in this sort of behavior, and they get stuck in a vicious circle of lying and deceit. You need to get away from this or suffer the consequences of your actions.

Apr 18, 2007, 06:11 AM
    So are you telling me that you know she may cheat on you but it is OK because you know why she does it? That sounds like madness to me. No matter how hard someone has had it, there is no excuse to be unfaithful honey. You deserve better than this and I really think you need to move on and find a relationship that is easier and less painful. Relationships can be hard, I admit, but at the beginning and whan you are young they shouldn't be like this.
    aaron80 Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Jun 24, 2007, 01:47 AM
    You know why she cheats, you dontknow that, she cheats cause she is insecure and the reason she ahas you there is in case it doesntwork with him she has you on the side.

Yes she has problems with him do you know whayt these propblems are I DO AND IM MILES AWAY AND Don't EVEN NO HER. Ill take a quick stab at it she is worried because he is always out and treats her crap and she is scared of him dumoping her and that's wy she talks to you about all these issues.

This girl obviously wants a guy who trest her bad and mate that's not you she might like you on occasions but you just don't fulfill her I the way she needs to ve felt.

Ifyou want to have a crack at her become a bit more distant become a bit more like you dontcare. Do not listen to her sob stories aymore takeastad and tell her you like her but arnt interested in her issues tell her if she happty with him stay there if not keave. STOP listeningto all her issues you think by doingthis you may be getting her your not you are just getting her when she is feeling down andthen she goes back to him. Get some balls and tell her how it is she is obviously into the Ars***les... Become a bit ofa player anddont talk to her for abit she might start tolike youmore than a friend... and by the way if you aresleeping withher give her a bit of rough treatment next time show her you're a bit rough
    partydemon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
    OK look, coming from a girl's point of view, she like's the attention you give her when you're flirting, making moves and showing interest. These three things are things that girls feel they need and they might think that they have falling in love but unfortionatly if she pulls away every time you try to get closer it means she isn't interested in that way and she is afraid of committing to you. You show a girl you are emotionally intact and you will be her best friend but in my opinion if you make a move and she's not into it she never will be.
    sam75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 04:59 PM
    I am in the same position. I'm not close friends with her and she gets really shy round me sometimes. She even told me before that she liked me. But... same as you she has a boyfriend who she loves. I'm confused as well how she says she likes me but has a boyfriend? Well after reading things on the web and talking to people, I have realised that the best thing to do is to try and get over her. Stop contact with her as much as possible (even try not to look at her if she's by you). This may help you get over her but also, if she does like you then you will find that she might try that extra harder to talk to you or she might realise what your doing and she will do the right thing... hope everything turns out for the best mate :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I really like this girl but she has a boyfriend, what do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

I really like this girl in college but she's had a boyfriend for about a year, I think. I don't know a lot about the boyfriend, although I've met him once. We've become closer over the past few months and we do talk a good bit. On a few occasions we've slept (not made love) together in a bed...

This girl I like has a Boyfriend. [ 5 Answers ]

I really like this girl who's my workmate. She has a boyfriend for 4 months now but I know her before her boyfriend does. I only know her by her name by just only last year. But now that she's new at work and I see her again we actually get to know each other better and got a lot closer, Mutual...

Girl I love has boyfriend [ 33 Answers ]

I met this girl last year and spent every day with her (I was a 8th grader, so I practically saw her everyday). I began to grow more and more attracted to her, but when I went to make a move, she pulled the were too good of friends b.s... so in anger and such I dated another girl immediately after...

My boyfriend has feelings for another girl [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been on and off for the past few years, hooking up with different people when we aren't together and also going out with other people. We began talking again this past winter and made our relationship serious. Last weekend he went off to visit some friends at a college and...

Really like a girl but she has a boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this girl at my school and we have become quite close friends. I really want to tell her I like her but she's in a relationship at the moment. The guy who she's with treats her like dirt and shed be better off without him: all of her friends have told her that. Anyway, she always...

View more questions Search