Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forani Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2011, 02:05 PM
    How do you tell if a girl is into you after a first date?
    How do you know/tell if a girl is into after the first date? We went and got a drink and talked for an hour. We never knew each other before hand. At the end, we hugged and she said next time she is up my way she would call. So is she into me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 1, 2011, 02:45 PM
    I think it means, don't call me I will call you, in other words, don't count on it.

Tick

Oct 2, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Did my date go well?
    So I meant a girl online. She gave me her number and told me to text her sometime over the weekend, so I did. We went out and got a drink and talked for an hour or so. She comes to my area quite often she said, but live an hour and half away. Me both laughed, she was playing with her hair some, smiled, she apologize for not being more dressed up and we had good eye contact a good chunk of the time. We hugged at the end of the date and she said she would let me know next time she was up my way. How do you think it went? Good or bad signs? I found myself pretty in to her. Was it wrong of me to text her a few hours after telling her I had a good time. I figured I would call in a couple days to say to her I would like to go out on a second date with her, good or bad idea also? Any advice or suggests would be great.

Oct 2, 2011, 09:36 AM
    What signs does a women give if they are enjoying the date? If they want another date?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by forani View Post
    How do you think it went? Good or bad signs?
    It sounds like it went well, and both of you had a good time.
    Was it wrong of me to text her a few hours after telling her I had a good time?
    No, but now don't overdo it and text her repeatedly so that you seem needy.
    I figured I would call in a couple days to say to her I would like to go out on a second date with her, good or bad idea also? Any advice or suggests would be great.
    Good idea, but then let it rest. If she says yes, great! If she says she wants to think about it, give it a week or so, call her once more, and then move on if she is still dithering.

Good luck! It sounds positive so far.

Oct 2, 2011, 10:42 AM
    Awesome... thanks for your input... I never got a text back from her.. but that is fine.. I know she has a crazy rest of the weekend. I figure do not contact her until I call tomorrow or Tuesday. Just left it at one text and that is it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Be sure to let us know how it goes!

(We might want to attend the wedding and help you name your babies.)

Oct 2, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Hahaha... lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet... but I will keep you updated. That is not bad she never responded to the text I sent is it?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 12:00 PM
    I think it's either a polite "No, this is all you're getting", or she actually is a busy lady from a separate town. If we're into a man, most of us blatantly display it.

X Dani
    *Helpful tick*

Oct 2, 2011, 12:14 PM
    We meant online... she was up visiting friends for the weekend and running in a 10 mile race (so she gave me her number and told me to text her of when to meet up). She lives a hour and 20 min. away and said she comes up my way often. At the end she said I will let you know when I plan on coming back up. Is that her way of saying its was fun but not interested.

Body language wise how do you know if a girl is into you? She apologize for not being more dressed up (I told her she had nothing to be sorry about/ I thought she was looking good). She played with her hair and seemed to be leaning towards the conversation and we had good eye contact for most of the date (first dates are always a little nervous feeling). We smiled and laughed... I have not had a first date for 3 years so getting back into this feels brand new again. Are those good signs or just normal? Thank you for your help and input
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 12:25 PM
    I'm not sure. It could be both ways. Why not text her and ask when she's next down, making it clear you're interested in a second date? This way she can either respond telling you she'd like that but is just a bit busy, or she'll reply with "I'm not too sure when i'll be able to", in which case I'd forget it. Also, with texting she's not put on the spot like with a phone call.

I've been told this once, and in my situation it WAS a polite "Let's not bother again".

Body language-wise, the way she was behaving is just that of a confident woman. People say if she's playing with her wine glass, hair and has an open posture that she's into you. Personally, I don't believe it. I was mildly nervous when on the first date with my bloke, and VERY much into him, but I wasn't doing these things. Well, I played with my hair. But it's so long that it reaches my bum, I can't help but play with it haha!

Try not to set your heart on this woman, just in case it doesn't go how you hope it does. I'd say "There's plenty more fish in the sea", but that sounds like a terrible euphemism. Haha

X Dani

Oct 2, 2011, 12:59 PM
    Haha... thanks... The only way to tell is to ask her I guess.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Why take a chance and assume and presume? It was a date, now instead of obsessing whether she will text, or should you text, blah, blah, get another date with another person, and have some fun.

Heck you just got out of a relationship, don't expect another, or see this as a start of something new.

Date and have fun, and don't pursue, or chase anyone for a while.

Oct 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
    That is what I am doing... just curious about signs for later on... I just want to date and that is it.. take anything and everything real slow and let things happen on their own... Just curious on what to look for since it has been a while for me. I am not looking or needing the love of my life right now, just figuring out this dating scene again

All right could use some female advice.. Haha... So when I call her tomorrow evening/night? She lives an hour and a half away... Should I say next time your up here or just ask her if she would like to go on a second date? She really likes sports and has never been to an NFL game and I have an extra ticket for next Sunday's game- is that a good date or should I make it something like dinner and bowling/some activity or just bowling or just dinner? Sorry with the questions (being in a relationship for 3 years had me not ever worrying about this)... So what I am saying is I feel clueless right now.. Ha ha.. Thanks for all the help
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Date them all guy! Not just one. Enjoy your new freedom, and explore all your options and opportunities and don't risk getting attached by focusing so much on just one.

That's what dating is about. You don't have to force anything with any one.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
    I am sure tal they will say spread the rep, and I have to agree with both of your replies for sure.

Tick

Oct 2, 2011, 03:28 PM
    And I agree as well... I am doing me and whatever happens, happens. I am just curious how to tell when a girl is in to you? Being with the same person for 3 years, you tend to forget those things (at least I do, ha). I plan on dating other people, this one girl just seemed really cool and wanted a second date because the first one was fun.
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 03:55 PM
    You can usually tell if after 6 months she is still dating you. Doesn't matter the first 6 months whether she is, or isn't.

Oct 2, 2011, 04:04 PM
    Hahaha... great response!
    JONUWAD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 09:35 AM
    Sounds like she fancied you but if she was really into you she would have asked to to call her, I think its probably a polite get out! Sorry dude

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for an 19 year old girl to date a 16 year old girl in Oregon? [ 2 Answers ]

We are both girl's and wanting to know if it is legal to date each other?

Where to take a girl on a first date [ 3 Answers ]

Where should I take a girl on a first date in middle school? What would be some place that is not to traditional?

How can I date a girl? [ 50 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I am totally new here, so I guess my question may sound a bit awkward and weird but anyway I will just go on then, hopefully many people can help me out! I am 19 years old and have become American citizen for 5 years. I study High School in US and now move to Shanghai for...

The girl I want to date [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if the girl that I want to date could be the one?

I want to date a different girl [ 32 Answers ]

I have a GF (new to dating need tips) and we just got together today. We've been crushing for a long time. Here's the problem. I like this other girl a lot. We're REALLY good friends. My GF knows we're close, but she doesn't know I like the other girl. We hang out more then I ever hung out with my...

View more questions Search