Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 17, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Can you find love in college?
    Hey its been a while since I've been on here, but I'm headed off to college soon and I was just wondering is it possible to find true love? Im mature for my age, and I'm not interested in partying my life away, so can I actually meet him without acting like a drunken fool? Most guys only care about that in college, which is why I'm concerned that they will all care about being physical. I know my stuff. Advice?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 11:45 PM

Of course you can, but try not to let your focus in college to be finding that love. Focus on your schoolwork and everything else will happen naturally.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 12:14 AM
    Hi, AandZ4ever!

When you're in college, you'll also be more likely to meet people who are interested in the same things that you are because of people focusing on specific majors.

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 05:18 AM

College is about learning to do your own thing, and finding out what it is. Its also about meeting new, and different people, but you don't have to do the things others do, especially if you think its dumb, but you can enjoy those who like you, enjoy good clean fun.

You never can tell when you will meet a soul mate, or the love of your life though. Like all of us, we can only give it a shot, and see what happens, when the opportunity arises. Don't look for love, look to enjoy your life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AandZ4ever View Post
    most guys only care about that in college, which is why im concerned that they will all care about being physical. I know my stuff. Advice?
    Don't lump all guys into one category. This isn't necessarily true.

Just be yourself.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 11:00 AM
    AandZ4ever disagrees But most cute guys are, its hard not to when its prooven in real life
    Thank you for the unnecessary disagree, but I have to disagree with your disagree. Most cute guys are not, at least in my experience, only out for one thing. Many yes, but most no.

The best thing is to just be yourself. That's the best way to find someone with interests like yours.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 20, 2010, 11:06 AM

You can find love anywhere, just don't consciously look for it, enjoy your time at college and put your time and energy into that, you've plenty of time to focus on relationships, when you're in one and you've got your career sorted. No need to worry about something now that's not here yet. Good Luck with your studies.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 11:21 AM

Just be yourself and love yourself, then you won't have to look for love, you will take it with you where ever you go, and others will love you for it, and want to share in it.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 11:27 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. If you go for the frat guys because those types of guys are the only types that you consider cute and good looking, then you're only going to be setting yourself up for failure..

Don't categorize everyone in the same group. Many "party animals" have another side as well.

If you're looking for a disappointment, then you're going to find it..

Good luck in your search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any way I can find a guy in college? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a junior in college, and I'm just wondering if there's a chance that I can actually find the man of my dreams anytime soon in college?

View more questions Search