Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karthikgane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 01:05 AM
    Girl friend saying she is loving some one else when I proposed.unable to forget her
    When I proposed my girl friend she said, I wish to be single and not interested in marriage. I thought I can convince her for marriage after some time. But she continued to behave like friend. She showed lot of affection and said she is my best friend. I said I want more than a frienship from her and wanted to marry her at any cost. Her parents arranged for her marriage and she said that she is worried on how to respond her parents. At that time I said to her that I want an yes or no for my love. She replied that someone else also proposed her before I proposed her and she said she loves that guy only and also said she want to come out of pressure from her parents and she will talk to her parents about the other guy sometime later.

I am frustuated and very disappointed now. Shocked to know that she is loving some one else. What should I do now? I loved her a lot. Still I am unable to forget her. I can't think of some one else in my life. Please guide me fiends
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:44 AM
    Hi, karthikgane!

How many girl friends have you had in your life, please?'

Thanks!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 06:29 AM

She has feelings for someone else that's enough to walk away
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 07:39 AM

She said no, so move on. She has someone else she feels for. You will eventually come to accept her decision, and find someone else even better. It's a matter of time.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 10:02 AM

She isn't interested in marrying you. Time to move on, heal, then find someone that is interested.
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 4, 2010, 10:07 AM

Tough circumstance - being in love with someone who does not feel the same way as you do. It's not a problem - you can fix those, this is almost like "it's raining outside" - just have to deal. Objective advice: If someone doesn't feel the same way as you do - walk away. Do things for yourself, keep busy, bury yourself in work and keep searching for what you really want and need. Save your love for someone who feels the same way about you!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that during your lifetime, you will have disappointments, and they cannot be fixed by someone else.

This is not a problem of her (clearly) telling you she is not interested in you, it is a problem because you cannot accept that she doesn't love you, and that she loves someone else.

What don't you understand.

You cannot make somebody love you. It isn't going to happen for you, with her.

Time to grow up a little, accept this is not going to work out, and move on.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Mar 4, 2010, 11:00 AM

Sorry that this happened to you.
    But how can she be in love with another guy who proposed her? Was she with this guy at the same time when he was with you?I don't understand...
    But whatever it is you need to give up.
    Be true to yourself and you will heal.
    Stop thinking of a future with this girl. Busy yourself and go NC.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:27 PM

Accept the facts and start moving on.

Time to heal and keep busy.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 5, 2010, 04:01 AM

I'm sorry I have to ask. And I do not know if I am supposed to ask this but I'm going to. What culture are you from that the parents can set this girl up to marry you, its still her choice, and you are friends who have had no romance but you want to marry her? I am from the USA I find this cultural difference interesting.Why are your courting rituals so different from ours? Hmmm... I have to agreee with the others though, she said no and no means no. hate to let you down but got to deal with the truth. But really answer other questions please (to me personally if you'd like) I am very interested.
    karthikgane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 11:38 PM

Hi Larken,

To answer u.. she is the girl who does not interact too much with others as of I know.. But she often interacts with me and shares his problem.. I didn't get opportunity to see her much. I saw her only 3 times.. we are working in same office but in different location (400kms away). Our informal communications mostly happens through office messenger. Mostly our phone calls will be for formal discussions only. But if she has some problems she will call me and share. Initially she said she has strong disbeleif in marriage. Our culture is like parents won't allow girls to be single and most of the parents won't allow to do love marriage. We have to fight a lot with parents to make our life as we wish. Statements she is saying now is completely contrast to what she said initially. She is saying that she had many proposals and don't want to hurt anyone feelings by marrying one guy. But she also wants to satisfy her parents, now she said to her parents that she will be happy if left as a single. I don't know what they have decided for her. She is now saying that she hurted me a lot and sorry is a so small word for me and she don't ever want to forget me. I am confused on what's going in her mind. She is saying that she is not strong in decision making that's y she confused me a lot initially. I still don't know whether she is in love with some one else or not.. I am confused
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 09:07 AM

Take the hint and don't be confused. She just doesn't want what you want. Your feelings are strong for her, but hers are not.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 6, 2010, 09:24 AM

Nothing to be confused about. If she loved you, she wouldn't tell you that she loves someone else.

Doesn't matter if she's in love with someone else, the point is, she's not in love with you.

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to find it in yourself to accept her decision, so that you can move on. Otherwise, you will continue to suffer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to forget her [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Friends, First I値l like to tell something about myself. I知 just a normal guy who likes to flirt and do whatever I like to do, but right now I知 totally out of my control. I had a relationship with a gal for four long years. We planned to get married. Initially my parents were not...

Loving a Girl who has past relation. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have been in a relation with a girl for almost 5 months now. In the starting it was love from my side and just friendship from her side. Almost three months back, we had physical relation and just next day she broke up with me and said that she was into some other relation with a boy since...

Unable to forget [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am stuck in such a compilicated situation and I need a honest answer for it. 10 years ago I had a lesbian relationship with my sister in law. It happened when I was in bosnia and sis- in law was staying with us as my brother was struggling in germany. After 4 years my brothers struggle...

Engaged to a person but still unable to forget my ex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Anu.I have a very serious problem.I was in love with a guy when I was doing my engineering.We got married without the knowledge of anybody except some of his friends(none of our parents know).I love him more than anything on earth .Later on problems started he used to restrict me...

Can't forget a girl I used to like [ 1 Answers ]

I used to like this girl and we were just about to go out but then she started dating someone else so eventually I found another girl who I like a lot and she likes me to. But now I can't get the first girl I liked out of my mind. I don't know what to do.. Edit: srry I wasn't quite clear with...

View more questions Search