Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wwk2265 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Ex still calls... still in love but doenst want a relationship right now
    Need some good advice... dated this girl for three years... things were great up until the last 6 months... we began fighting cause I became insecure about a lot of things... shes not much of a complimentary person... and I knew this... she is the type to think something nice but just not say it... so I would get my feelings hrt and accuse her of not loving me the way I loved her... so anyway a lot of these fights came to a head and she broke up with me four months ago... we never really broke contact.. the first two weeks were just texts... after that we basically went back to normal... we talked a couple times a day... kissed.. had sex occasionally but tried not to do this often... and spent the night occasionally with each other... all the while I was uncomfortable with this... but she kept assuring me that things would be fine eventually... but she isn't ready to work on our problems yet... too much pressure... so we continue to fight but only about the circumstances... and she would always convince me to continue contact... well the other week we got into another fight and she decides maybe we do need to limit contact because she isn't getting any better this way... so I got mad claiming that this goes back on eveything she s said about not wanting to date anyone and how she's not leading me on just to find someone else... that if she can change her mind about this she can about everything else just as easy and all I will get is an I'm sorry... so I didn't return her calls the next day and gave us time to cool down... when we talked I apologized and agreed to the limited contact and said I needed it also to calm down and stop letting things get to me.. to get my confidence back so I could be the person that I usually am... but also threw a kink saying I wanted no contact... for at least two weeks... its almost been a week and its killing me... she texts me everyday... asking if she left something at my house... or telling me she is nervous about her doctor visit... or to say hope your day is going well... ly... and even to be a smart about some saying "sometimes you have to forget how you feel and remember what you deserve" that some girl posted on Facebook that I hit the like status on(that I "liked" the saying)she just texted me the saying and said wow gag!. she eve still goes as far as commenting on an outfit saying I should get that for the beach this year(we always go to the beach in july) or makes comments saying we still could be going to the beach this year that I don't know we wolnt cause I had made a comment about taking a friend... its just such a weird situation cause she seems fine most of the time... and I guess I do to from the outside but its killing me on the inside... all her family seems to think she will come around but also say she is very stubborn.. but that she is always honest and upfront... borderline too honest... and would be with me if things were different... and does not respond well to tough love.. all this I feel is true... but I also feel I have tried everything else... I love her and her family... and I don't want to loose her but I realise its going to be what its going to be... I just wonder where she's at in her head... this is my first real relationship so I am new at this heartache thing... (I am 25 she is 22)... ( a little background... I just bought my first house and she just recently found a girl she could live with and is on her own finally... she is very independent cause her mom has to depend on a man financially and always says she needs to know she can make it on her own before she take the next step with us) I just need some overall opinions and some insight as to where she s at maybe... she says she feels as if she stopped growing with me... but she still loves me and hopes we can work things out eventually
    A4Effort Posts: 486, Reputation: 35

Feb 20, 2010, 03:20 PM

Well, she basically wants to have the cake and eat it too. She is unsure as to what she wants so she wants to keep you around while she makes up her mind.

Keep up the no contact that you have started. Getting over that first love is very hard and it will take a while but just like the word states your first love is your first. That means that there will be plenty more when you are ready. Take this time to heal yourself and continue building your confidence as you have stated above.

We are here for you when you become weak. Celebrate the good days and work through the tough ones. Good luck.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2010, 03:48 PM

Do no contact properly-no replying to texts or calls etc.

Don't hang around as a backup plan-get back on track living your own life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 05:52 PM
    Leave her alone to do her thing, while you do yours. She is still finding herself, and that takes years. Whatever she has to prove, don't get caught up in false hope that she will finally come back to you, as that's a lie, intentional, or not.

Its just up to you to see she isn't that into you, or else you would be together while she finds whatever she is looking for.

Chalk it up to bad timing, but leave her alone, and don't get caught up in her confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend doenst find me attractive. [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend doesn't find me attractive anymore. It's not that I'm paranoid and I just THINK this, but he actually told me so... His exact words were "you know I love you right? Thats why I am with you, but I'm not attracted to you." I love him with all my heart, We have been together for a year...

Love Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved with my love from school days. We broke few yrs before. I want to know if my beloved still loves me and miss me or not and will he come back to me. My Dob is 29 Sep 1977 at 10.05 AM at Agra. Please reply soon

Relationship First love [ 5 Answers ]

Well it all started way back in 8th grade for me. 7th grade for her. We liked eatcother for exactly 1year and a half. And the thing is I never opened up to anyone. I never wanted to be with anyone so bad. There were other girls out there that were more prettier than her of course but for some...

I think my relationship with my first love is over, now what? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend for going on two years now. She was my first lover, my first lover, & I live with her. But lately things have been different, we fight constantly, she never seems like she is in a good mood. Which makes me in not such a great mood. She doesn't seem happy...

Relationship Love [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi I would like to know if I will have a relationship in 2007?that will be longterm... is it a guy I know or will it be someone new´? I can't answer my own questions but I would like to trade if you answer me I will answer you!

View more questions Search