Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramblinguy Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Long Distance Relationship Excuse
    Ladies, this one is for you. Do women use "I'm involved with someone in a long distance relationship" as a way of letting a guy know that she's just not interested?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 06:50 PM

YES. Regardless if it's a "short distance" relationship. She's taken.

If you don't believe she's taken, then it's screaming "I dont like you".

When I was still available, I use that line a lot to prevent guys that I don't like approaching me.

Oct 6, 2008, 06:54 PM
    I know that she might actually be in a relationship. I accept that. I'm just curious if this is just an "easier way" of letting a guy down. Easier than saying she's not interested.

Oct 6, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Sorry, I was interrupted before reading your complete reply.
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 06:56 PM

When I was still available, I use that line a lot to prevent guys that I don't like approaching me.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 8, 2008, 04:35 PM

ylaira pretty much covered it, but to summarize,
    The girl is really saying one of two things;
    1) I am in a long distance relationship
    2) I don't like you

Either way, she isn't available to you, and is not a viable option. Move on from it, meet other girls. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 04:59 PM

That and 1000 other excuses, in the end, no is no,

Oct 8, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Thanks for your replies. You have validated what I have been thinking. I accept that they are not interested in me That's OK, but what bothers me is that they, yes I'm talking about 2 women, are getting jerked around by guys that want to hook up every cupla months for sex and these ladies are getting fooled. "I'll be leaving my life a thousand miles away to be with you." Yeah! As if that will ever happen> What are they thinking? They both have been getting strung along for over 2 years. I guess, while I'm definitely not desperate, I think I have more to offer.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 05:35 PM

Just ignore their business. That's dating life, you win some you lose some, you're fooled some and you are fooling some (in a way).

In time, someone who has "better thinking" will notice you. Should be worth the wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry its so long... it's my 1st question ever. Hi!. so I'm in a long distance relationship, we've been dating for about 4 months and everything has been good we have seen each other at least once or twice (both equally visited each other) BUT recently he moved back home to his parents for...

Long Distance Relationship! [ 280 Answers ]

Entire story merged He lives 2000 miles away and I miss him so much! :( We have been together for 1year and almost 3 months and so far 9months of it has been long distance. We talk about 3times a day on the phone.($$$ :(.. lol) We have seen each other 2 times since we had to be in long...

Long Distance Relationship [ 5 Answers ]

How many of you are in a long-distance relationship and it's WORKING? I have heard plently of stories of why they fail... but that's not what I'm asking. :)

Long Distance relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi. Where do I begin :( I live on the west coast... the guy I have been seeing for about 6 months now lives on the east coast. (3000 miles away) he and I get along GREAT.. we have a great time together and really liked each other A lot. We talked every single day with text and phone...

View more questions Search