Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused777 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Involved with someone in a relationship and am lost
    Does anyone have any advice on where to go in a relationship with a married man? We had the best relationship and now things have changed in dramatic way. He wants to work things out in his marriage, but I feel as if I have given up my life to be with him and he should do the same for me.?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
    You will always be second. If he's telling you he wants to work it out with his wife, than that's exactly what you will always be. You deserve better! Also, always remember the word "karma"... don't meddle in other people's lives. Find someone else! I know it hurts, but you will get through it. Take care!
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 27, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Where to go in the relationship?

How about as far away as possible. He was using you. We see this story over and over again. There is no way that he will leave his marriage for you, he has been lying to you the entire time. He was able to have a marriage at home and have you as a little action on the side. Do what's best for you, and drop him.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

May 27, 2008, 07:25 PM
    How would you ever be able to trust him either... If he has done this to his wife what makes you think he wouldn't to you when things got stale. You should have ran for the hills when you found out he was married.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 27, 2008, 07:28 PM
    He is not obligated to you but to his wife. That simple. He does not need to give anything to you in return whether you feel that way or not. So time to end this and move on.

Joe
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 27, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Where to go? How about the closest mirror...

Stare at that person in the mirror as long as necessary until you clearly see who she is NOW and who you wish she were instead.

Right now you see a mistress seeking to interject herself into another family, tearing them apart, getting what she wants because of her own selfish needs. Right now she is a person who is getting what she deserves... she pursued an unavailable man and now is left with nothing.

Don't you WISH you saw a woman who deserved a man of character and commitment, who chooses to be at her side and in her bed because there is no other place he could imagine being? Don't you WISH you saw a woman who had developed a heart and mind that can demand proper behavior from the committed people in her life?

Don't you WISH you saw a woman who never had to fear her man would ever be stolen away by some homewrecker, because the guy she's with has never done that ever in his life... left his devoted wife for someone else?

Don't you wish?

Keep looking into that mirror until you start to see the possibilities of a GREAT and honorable life. Then go and get it. Lose his number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost. Relationship with kids [ 4 Answers ]

I really don't know where to start... first of its dealing with my two kids from a ex girlfriend, my oldest she is 12 and the youngest is 6, I've been there for them all the way till I met my now wife(2 years ago), me and my ex broke up like 4 years ago, but the kids would still come over almost...

Long Lost Relationship. [ 6 Answers ]

A little information: - I'm 17, male, upcoming Senior in high school. - The relationship that I'm referring to began in 1st grade and lasted until mid 4th grade. (8 years ago I believe) - Childhood relationships never last some say. I wish it were true in my situation. During first grade, I...

I feel so lost. How can I recover from a hellacious relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

After 12 years in a horrible, abusive relationship, I am getting a divorce. I am really young, so I know that I have my whole life in front of me. I can't help feeling, however, that my world has come crashing down. Horrible as he was, my husband is all that I have ever known. This way of life is...

Lost relationship with daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I will try to keep this brief! I have two children, one with Autism who is now in a lovely placement after many years of fighting the authorities (he is 18), my daughter is a young 17. I married in 1988 to a man who turned out to be very mentally abusive, I was crushed by him and so were the...

Relationship ending after 6 years and now I'm lost [ 23 Answers ]

I have posted here before and since then things had gotten better... for awhile. Then things started to get worse and recently, he decided he wanted to end it. He wants to move out and is looking for a place. It has ended badly with name calling, hating each other and he seems to think I'm cheating...

View more questions Search