Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SeanCarter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 10:31 PM
    My girlfriend broke up with me out of nowhere
    OK I have been with a girl for a while buh feelings grew very quickly we both told each other that we love each other everything was going fine until suddenly she reveals that she wants to break up 2 see what's out there this is a big shocker because our relationship was going perfectly fine now when I see her she just walks past me like I don't exist. I want to know the real reason she broke up with me and how to stay away from girls like that this really hurt oh she also revealed to me that she has feelings for someone else I think she broke up with me to be with that person she wants me to wait on her but I tell her that's selfish and I don't know if I could do that now as much as I want her back in my life I'm trying real hard to get over her
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
    It's not usually "out of nowhere", its usually just that that person is blind to the signs. Move on. Don't wait for her. She wants you to be her "back up", just in case her getting out there phase doesn't work out. Don't do that to yourself. Find someone that will treat you with courtesy and respect. You sound like a nice guy.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 17, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Momma is right, the "out of nowhere" is how it felt, but probably not accurate.

If she really blindsided you, then there was nothing you could do about it and nothing to be worried about next time. You can't defend against randomness like that, so forgive her and move on. Be glad you dodged this bullet.

If she DIDN'T really blindside, then you actually knew this was coming (at some level) and you're just expressing your sadness over it. That's OK, too.

There are a LOT of people that pass you in the hall without talking to you. She's just one of those people, now.

You are right, too, I bet, when you say that what she did is something you wouldn't. But you might start going out with someone in the future and change later your mind and want to not go out with them any longer. Couldn't that happen? Honestly, couldn't it?

That's all that happened here. Don't make it into more than that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Sorry for your loss, but learn your lesson and get to know someone very well over time before you get that emotionally attached to them. Obviously she was not as attached as you were. You can move on from this and take it much slower next time. "Learn from it, don't dwell on it".
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Mar 24, 2010, 02:21 AM

I LOVE YOU is just words man, nothing more and nothing less. Don't believe what they say believe on what they do for you. Any one can say anything, but actions are the best evidence to back it all up. Like what they said, take things slow next time, and get to really know the person first before you get attached to them. Remember as fast as you 2 hit it off is also the same to lose it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up with me today and I am kind of sad. I need some advice on how to cope. It really sucks. I am trying to move on but she is constantly on my mind. I am just wondering if anyone can suggest how to keep my mind off her and learn to get over it.

Broke up with girlfriend [ 18 Answers ]

Here's my story: I met this girl through a mutual friend a little more than 2 years ago. We had both gotten out of long relationships 3-4 months previous to hanging out with each other but being with her made me forget all about my ex. She was 18 and I was 19. We moved into an apartment together in...

My girlfriend and I broke up. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My girlfriend and I broke up on the 13th of July, how's that for luck. Well this is the break down. Me and my girlfriend before dating used to work with each other. We worked with each other for about 4 months it was always professional. She was dating someone at the time and I was in an...

Girlfriend broke up with me [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently asked for space, which is what I did not give her. I continued to text (not as much) and call once a day. Then one night, I drank way too much, and called her repeatedly, she told me to leave her alone and to make a long story short, she got pissed and then broke up with me...

View more questions Search