Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joneshottie1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Boy or girl?
    I was just wondering, I have 3 boys, just found out I am pregnant with my 4th baby, and my last, and I want to know if this is finally my girl? I do have this overwhelming feeling that it is, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Can anybody tell me how I can figure out what Im having? :confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 11:55 AM
    You'll have to wait and see. They can do an ultra sound to look. Or I've heard that you can tell just from the heart beat. Something like boys are always a little faster than girls, or maybe vice versa. But there's no way you can know without going to the dr's. At least not for sure. Some say that you can tell by the way you carry the baby, if you carry it higher it's a girl, if its lower it a boy. But that's an old wife's tale. My grandma swore my mom was having a girl because she claimed my mother was carrying the baby higher, then out came my baby brother. Lol
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 11:59 AM
    I have a connection: My Aunt had three girls and got pregnant with her fourth two years ago they really wanted a boy but they got a girl instead. It all depends on how far along you are. Girl, it's a boy.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneshottie1
    I was just wondering, I have 3 boys, just found out I am pregnant with my 4th baby, and my last, and I want to know if this is finally my girl? I do have this overwhelming feeling that it is, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Can anybody tell me how I can figure out what Im haveing? :confused:

There is some thought that the probability would be slightly scewed towards another boy simply because of having the 3 already. Ultrasound may give you the answer, but mistakes have been known to happen... :) An amnio would let you know, but should not be used just to determine gender (don't know anyone who would perform one for that reason alone as there is a slight increased chance of miscarriage)... for most people, having to wait until birth is the only way to know for sure.
    Here is an interesting article... maybe you can think back and get an idea, but of course it would only be a possibility.

British scientists say food intake can influence baby's sex - Slashfood
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Well I had 2 boys got pregnant and I frist I thought it was a boys because I already have 2 but then I was like I know this is a girl I felt totally diff and stayed dvery sick and it was a girl so good luck
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Okay, I'd only be guessing, but I have a 50% chance of getting it right, so what the heck.

I do want to ask a few questions first though. How old are you? How old are your boys? How old is your husband? Where you trying to get pregnant? When are you due?

I'll be waiting and then I'll guess. Oh, just so you know, I do have a 98% accuracy rate when I guess, don't know why, don't know how, may be just luck, but like I said, I have a 50/50 chance of being right.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
    No way to tell for sure until the big day.

The heartbeat is a myth. The heartbeat of a fetus should be between 120 and 160 beats per minute. Girl or boy.

Just cross your fingers and hope you get your girl.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Good to know about the heart beat thing. I'd always wondered if it was true. Must have been luck that my aunt was always right. Haha
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Like I said you've got a 50/50 chance of guessing it right. Even an ultrasound isn't always accurate. My friend was told 100% positive you are having a girl, due to the ultrasound. She bought pink clothes, painted the room pink, pink bedding, pink,pink, pink. Her poor little boy, for the first year he had to wear pink. ;)
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 5, 2008, 06:49 AM
    I was 100% sure I was having a boy from my first ultrasound at 9 weeks. I just knew it. Everyone kept giving me girl names and I'd ask them why and tell them I was going to have a boy. My fiancé has 7 brothers and 2 sisters so that told me we will probably have boys. But really I just knew. Then at 17 weeks we got the ultrasound and there he was with his legs spread open the ultrasound tech was like "here is a leg, here is the other leg, and THIS is NOT a leg." So there was my boy. Intuition can be a strong thing sometimes. Other then that you really have to wait it out. Sorry. But congrats on the pregnancy

Oh yeah and that heartbeat thing is definitely a myth. If it were true then Carter would have been a girl...

May 13, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Okay, I'd only be guessing, but I have a 50% chance of getting it right, so what the heck.

I do want to ask a few questions first though. How old are you? How old are your boys? How old is your husband? Where you trying to get pregnant? When are you due?

I'll be waiting and then I'll guess. Oh, just so you know, I do have a 98% accuracy rate when I guess, don't know why, don't know how, may be just luck, but like I said, I have a 50/50 chance of being right.

I am 26. My oldest is 8, my middle one is 4, and my youngest is 20 months. My husband is 26. No we were not trying to conceive. I am due January 10, 2009.
    Pets Expert

May 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
    I'm guessing boy. Remember, just a guess. I'll be checking in January to see if I was right. ;)

May 13, 2008, 01:45 PM
    We'll just have to wait and see. Right now I just want it to make it. I've had some bleeding behind the placenta and I go on Thur. for and US to see if there is even a heartbeat. I can't wait. I am so scared.
    Pets Expert

May 13, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Don't worry until there's a reason to worry, worrying isn't going to help and it won't change anything. I'll be thinking of you, let us know what's going on. Good luck.
    mommyb123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Well if the baby is north to south it's a boy but if the baby is east to west it's a girl!.
    You can tell probably if you look and see it in your first ultra sounds!
    Like how it was laying or something like that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

I really like this girl [ 7 Answers ]

I know I posted a problem on this site before, but the girl I liked had a boyfriend and now they broke up. We talk just about everyday and we are like bestfriends. She tells me things that she hasn't told anyone. When we hang out, There's a point where I look at her and she is looking at me, like...

Little girl and EX GIRL [ 1 Answers ]

There is This 12 Yr Old Girl That Likes Me A lot And I A 14 Year Old Like Her A Little But The Problem Is That Me And My Ex Are Thinking About Getting Back Together And I Don't Want to Hurt This Girls Feelings Also I Just Want to Wait To See Were I Go With My Ex?:(

View more questions Search