Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gobart8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Sink sprayer frustrations
    Help! My sink sprayer is malfunctioning. I have an American Standard Connoisseur Kitchen Faucet (http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...sp?prodID=407). The sprayer leaks and spits out a small amount of spray when I turn the faucet on. The faucet itself spits and sputters before water comes out. Water then comes out of both the sprayer and faucet but at very low pressure for both. Depressing the trigger on the sprayer doesn't accomplish a thing or change the volume or pressure of the water coming out. This all started shortly after a plumber changed out some valves and re-routed some of the pipes going to the kitchen sink and dishwasher -- long story -- which solved a number of other problems and created great water pressure in the sink for the first time in a many months. But now this! After reading other sink sprayer posts on the site I'm wondering if this is a diverter problem or something else. Thoughts?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2006, 06:03 AM
    Hi Bart,

When the plumber worked on your pipes he dislodged some mineral build up in the pipe walls and now it's lodged in the diverter and perhaps the seat of the sprayer. First, unscrew the sprayer head and turn the water on. If there's a full stream coming out of the open hose and not the spout then the diverter's working. If not then you're going to have to remove the handle and the retaining piece that secures the spout. Pull the spout up and out and you'll see the diverter at the base. Clean it up and clear any crud that may have built up. Reassemble everything and test. If the spray still leaks open it up,mclean the screen, if any, and check for trash caught in the seat. In extreme cases just replace the spray head. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sink sprayer stuck HELP! [ 38 Answers ]

HELP!! I am a single mom of three and my sink sprayer is stuck on so I cannot use the kitchen sink. I am fairly "handy" and able to use tools. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this!

Smelly sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

When I first start using the sink sprayer, it emits a foul, rotten egg like smell for about the first 10-15 seconds. The house is less than 3 years old. We are the only owners. When I let up off the sprayer, there is no "kickback" like I have experienced with other sprayers. Any ideas? Thanks,...

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer will spray but only a trickle comes out. I seem to have no pressure. Can you help me fix this.

Sink Sprayer Help [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's my problem about 6 months ago my sprayer broke on my kitchen sink and I just got aroudn to replace it. Before it broke I had no problems whatsoever with it. Now I installed a new sprayer head and the problem started immediately. What happens is the water runs fine out of the faucet but as...

Leaky Sink Sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I am completely non-mechanical... a bookworm... never even changed a tire (I did fix a lock once). With that as a preface... the sprayer head on my kitchen sink leaks. It is a pretty simple problem, as it is plastic (first problem) and it is leaking along the split in the front where the two...

View more questions Search