Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjimenez87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Cheating boyfriend
    My boyfriend had a case of infidelity and after working hard on our relationship and counseling we decided to stay together. He hasn't cheated since or even tried to stray away but the female he cheated on me with is now claiming to be pregnant. He wants to sign away his parental rights because he doesn't want anything to do with her. I want him to take a paternity test. Is it right for him to sign away his rights? Please email me with any answers. I am struggling with this a lot and anything will help. [email protected]
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 09:14 PM
    You are right... if he is the father, he should be responsible for the child.

Even if the mother is a headcase... that's not the child's fault, and if he is the father, he should own up to it.

If he's not, then he should run away.

Point is, I think your position is reasonable and responsible. Unfortunately, you can't make him a better man than he wants to be.

What does that mean for you? Well... it might mean you are with a man who isn't willing to be responsible for his obligations... or that you are with a man who is being incorrectly "punished" as being a father when he is not...

I've always been of the opinion that its better to know the truth, to live in reality, than to pretend something that is easier.

So... your struggling with this, I think, is realistic. He should know. Avoiding the truth is no way to live. And that doesn't mean he is the father... it just means he's afraid to take responsibility. And that should bother you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
    The best with making things work. As to the pregnancy, paternal testing is the way to go, and do the right thing if its his. Most places let you sign away rights, but not financial obligations. If they did there would be no one supporting their children. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get over boyfriend cheating on me [ 26 Answers ]

Ok, so here's my story. I was with my boyfriend for 4 years and just recently found out that he has been seeing another girl for the last year and 1/2. Finding this out has really caused me a lot of pain. Everyday I wake up and cry, I just can't seem to find a way to let go of what he did to me....

Cheating boyfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I'm 25 yrs old and have been with my now ex-boyfriend for 4 yrs. I found out yesterday that he's been cheating for the past 2 months. It was such a shock + the first time this has happened. The way he told me was really low... he e-mailed to me and cc'd this girl in saying what...

My cheating boyfriend. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend kevin have been going out for about a year and four months.I am 16 and he is 17. He cheated on me twice, once when we were going out for four months and another time when we were going out for eight months. I obviously forgave him because I always think that if I did something...

Cheating boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so here it is yesterday I phoned my now ex boyfriend and normaly when I call I wake him up well I woke him up yesterday when I was talking to him I heard a girl in the background and then all of a sudden this girl starts phoning my house wanting to talk to me but I wouldn't talk so my mom got on...

Cheating boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Why did my boyfriend leave me? He stopped calling me. We were together for a year and sum months did he really love me? Was he cheating on me?

View more questions Search