Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle0410 Posts: 62, Reputation: 12

Aug 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Beautiful four month old baby girl
    I live in a small town in Tennessee, and one of the "fun" things is the fair. Well I want to put my little girl, whom is 4 months old, in the baby show. I know quite a few people that are doing it too and they have went out and bought or ordered really froo-froo dresses. My question is do you think I should get my little girl one or should I put her in the dress I have for her. It's a very pretty white dress with purple, pink, and yellow stictched flowers, and a big white bow that wraps around and ties in the back. They say they are judging 25% photo, 25% personality, and 50% beauty. Of course I think that my little girl is the prettiest in the world, and she doesn't need a dress, but also of course I want her to win =) No I am not going to be a pageant mom ( I want her to play softball =) I was just curious as to what you thought... Oh and also I heard that if I get a little bow and put KY JELLY on it it will stick in her hair, is that true? They don't make the velcro bows very much anymore=(

This is my little girl! Isn't she perfect =)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 02:26 PM
    I am not into putting children in pageants (and yes, this is what it is), so I won't go there with you. And BTW, I am in a VERY small town in West Tenn.

But I will tell you that to make the bow stick, you need to use toothpaste.
    Michelle0410 Posts: 62, Reputation: 12

Aug 16, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am not into putting children in pageants (and yes, this is what it is), so I won't go there with you. And BTW, I am in a VERY small town in West Tenn.

But I will tell you that to make the bow stick, you need to use toothpaste.
    Yes, I guess it is a "pageant", but it's a small town pageant, where the only people in the seats watching are family and close friends, there will be no exploitation, so to me it's being proud of my little girl and wanting everyone to see her.

Thanks for the toothpaste advice =)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 02:41 PM
    FYI, I live in a VERY small town in middle TN!! Go us!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 02:42 PM
    YAY, tenn!!

Go Vols, Go Memphis State. LOL
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Heck yeah!! Lol
    Becca74 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2007, 02:44 PM
    The dress you have sounds just as cute to me! =] hope your little girl wins! She is really pretty
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Aug 17, 2007, 02:18 PM
    I had a friend enter her baby in a baby show last year. I live in a small town also - in Texas. She dressed her in a cute little sundress and hat with some cute sandals instead of putting her in the usual foo-foo dress and ruffles and SHE WON! It was a really cute show. Good luck!
    britneyc Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 20, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle0410
    I live in a small town in Tennessee, and one of the "fun" things is the fair. Well I want to put my little girl, whom is 4 months old, in the baby show. I know quite a few people that are doing it too and they have went out and bought or ordered really froo-froo dresses. My question is do you think I should get my little girl one or should I put her in the dress I have for her. It's a very pretty white dress with purple, pink, and yellow stictched flowers, and a big white bow that wraps around and ties in the back. They say they are judging 25% photo, 25% personality, and 50% beauty. Of course I think that my little girl is the prettiest in the world, and she doesn't need a dress, but also of course I want her to win =) No I am not going to be a pageant mom ( I want her to play softball =) I was just curious as to what ya'll thought... Oh and also I heard that if I get a little bow and put KY JELLY on it it will stick in her hair, is that true?? They don't make the velcro bows very much anymore=(

This is my little girl!! Isn't she perfect =)
    Don't fork out the money for the dress just yet. Put her in the show with the one you already have for her. If all goes well and you would like to do more shows then spend th e money on the dress. KY jelly? That makes things slick, I don't quite see how it would make the bow stick. Then once the bows off her hair would be all gooey. Negative on the Jelly. My twin girls have fine hair and I am still able to you use bows they just have to be the clippy kind like a bobby pin. A small bow should hold up long enough for the show. If you don't think so use a head band w/ bow
    britneyc Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 20, 2007, 01:31 PM
    I almost forgot bare feet win more than shoed do!
    MRSD Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle0410
    I live in a small town in Tennessee, and one of the "fun" things is the fair. Well I want to put my little girl, whom is 4 months old, in the baby show. I know quite a few people that are doing it too and they have went out and bought or ordered really froo-froo dresses. My question is do you think I should get my little girl one or should I put her in the dress I have for her. It's a very pretty white dress with purple, pink, and yellow stictched flowers, and a big white bow that wraps around and ties in the back. They say they are judging 25% photo, 25% personality, and 50% beauty. Of course I think that my little girl is the prettiest in the world, and she doesn't need a dress, but also of course I want her to win =) No I am not going to be a pageant mom ( I want her to play softball =) I was just curious as to what ya'll thought... Oh and also I heard that if I get a little bow and put KY JELLY on it it will stick in her hair, is that true?? They don't make the velcro bows very much anymore=(

This is my little girl!! Isn't she perfect =)
    What a beautiful daughter you have. My answer to you is to put her in the dress you already have for her it sounds lovely. Remember your baby isn't being judged on what she is wearing!!
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Claire's Boutique makes little Baby hair bows that will go in almost no hair at all. They have an entire Baby line that I attempted to use with my daughter. I don't know if you have time to go to the closest mall to hit a Claire's, but if you do, I'd check those out. I wouldn't put gunk in her hair. If the bow falls out, it'll look, well, gunky.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 21, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Your daughter is gorgeous. *lol My mother put me in a fair pagent when I was around 2.5 yr old. Needless to say, the pictures of my pout are worth a thousand words. :D

I agree, use a dress you have and let her be extra comfy with barefeet. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I feed my 6 month old baby girl? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if my baby girl is eating good. This is what she eats : 8-9 6ounze bottles of powder milk 2 3ounze plates of rice cereal 2- cans of fruit (gerber) Some of my food as well like rice, banana, bread ,soup What do you think!!

Split with girlfriend of 4 years and a beautiful baby girl! [ 39 Answers ]

Hi my girlfriend of 4 years recently broke up with me after saying she was unhappy for months as we never talked about our problems and in the end she just had enough and wanted out. I am devastated and have asked her for another chance but she told me that she thinks it will go back to how it was...

My two month old baby [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We a have a two month old baby and she has all of sudden developed a black spot on her tongue which appeared a week ago... what could it be?

Feeding a 6 month old baby girl [ 1 Answers ]

My baby girl has been eating cereal for about a month now. I introduced veggies a week ago and now some fruit. How much should I feed her? She is a healthy eater. Can someone provide me with a typical eating menu plan?:) :)

Marrying a beautiful ghanian girl [ 2 Answers ]

I am a canadian citizen and plan on marrying a ghanian woman.Will I have problems bringing her over to canada?

View more questions Search