Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklin girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
    What do guys do when they like a girl?
    I have worked with this guy on and off for almost a year and now he has started his own business and is not local anymore. This scares me but I could make the long distance thing work for the right person. Either way I know guys don't talk back and forth with girls unless they are interested in some kind of relationship with them whether its romantic or not. In other words should I interpret the fact that he used to call me while at work even when he didn't need to for work things and that we would (and still do) go back and forth with emails all of the time as a sign that he is interested? I have no idea because he implies certain things all of the time and has asked for my picture (Crazy I know since we have ever met each other before) as he sent me his. I don't want to be rejected or scare him if I make the wrongs moves at the wrong time.

HELP PLEASE!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 15, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Ah, so you raise an interesting point with the following:

Quote Originally Posted by franklin girl
    I don't want to be rejected or scare him if I make the wrongs moves at the wrong time.
    You see, you're assuming the male and female minds work similarly, and this isn't the case. Allow me to explain:

You think that making the wrong move at the wrong time will cause him to reject you. This logic is erroneous in two respects:

1) There are no wrong moves... unless you kick him square in the balls, and
    2) There is no wrong time.

The first point is a short explanation: guys are not turned off by wrong moves: either through lack of experience, stupidity, excess of confidence or excess of alcohol. We are not ashamed to be with a girl who doesn't know how to flirt... so long as she looks good in tight jeans.

The second needs an explanation of how the male mind works. Females are fickle creatures; they like a guy for a few days or weeks and then move on if he hasn't made a move: this is what I call "Eva's Sliding Window." It describes how girls become disinterested in guys if they don't match her expectations in the short time frame they arbitrarily come up with.

Guys, on the other hand, do not have such limitations on time. Once they see a girl they like, she remains a target until she's conquered (or she kicks him square in the balls). Chris Rock said it best:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rock
    Guys don't have plutonic relationships. They just have girls they haven't *****yet.
    So guys can and will like you indefinitely. So there is NO wrong time.

But there is a RIGHT time, and that time is NOW. Go for it. Don't wait for him, just pounce on him... literally. And cuff him to the bed posts... a lot of guys think that's kinky. ;)
    algoze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 10:18 PM

I am a guy and confirm I this answer. Quite spot on I'd say. Lol.
    ana djordjevic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 11:56 PM

I like a guy,and I'm wondering if he likes me too.I see him in club every weekend,and he will just stare in me,but not come to talk to me.He will come and talk with people that he knows around me,and listen what I'm saying,but he doesn't do anything.What do you think(and please don't say,that I shoulde go and talk to him,becose I can't)?
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 23, 2009, 03:23 PM

Be patient and let him chase you... if he's really interested he'll keep making the moves on you and when he does make the moves respond flirtatiously!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Do Guys Hate in a Girl ? [ 26 Answers ]

Soooooooo Guys... tell me what do you hate in your PERFECT Girl? 'n what do you Love as well ?

What do guys want in a girl? [ 25 Answers ]

I am 16 years old, and I have been wondering what guys want in girls. You always see discussions about what girls want in guys, but guys have to want something too. I always seem to go for the wrong guys. I lost my virginity when I was 15 and I thought I loved him. He only wanted my body though. He...

Plese help guys and girl [ 1 Answers ]

Hellow guys do you know some solution to stop povety in india and how it effectrs people thank you:)

Two guys, one girl [ 2 Answers ]

How do I choose between two guys, when I'm dating one, but he's being stupid, and the other is awsome but is my boyfriends best friend? :confused:

Skinny Girl... Big Guys! [ 5 Answers ]

My friend, Jake, is big and "I luv big guys" it's something that runs on in my family the "Girls luv big guys" I only like them because I feel safe when they hug me and they're always warm.. but I'm skinny but I'm about average I'm not too... skinny but... Is it not normal for a skinny girl to...

View more questions Search