Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittany_razorblade Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Engaged and underage
    Well I'm 17, and my boyfriend that I love so much asked me to marry him at our towns fireworks.
    Like any girl I agreed because I'm madly in love with him and it just feels right being with him.
    He is 19 he is bouncing from house to house because he has no where to live. He can get a job, and I've tried to help him get one but it seems no one will hire him because he had a record from when he was younger that effects this.
    My mother hates his every being and my why sister will do anything in her power to keep us apart.

He wants to get married when I turn 18, but I want to get married when I get my life straightened out.
    Im still in high school getting my L.P.N. and I want to make sure I can live on my own.
    I'm not sure what to do can someone help me please:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 11:41 PM
    I agree with you. You should wait until you have your life straightened out and you have a stable job. On the other hand, he also needs to get a job somehow. It doesn't matter what he does as long as he brings in some income. If you marry him now, you will just bounce house to house right along with him. That is no way for a married couple to live. You both should get your lives straightened out first! :)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Did you know that divorce rate is very high between young couples? You are very wise about wanting to wait until you get your life straightened out before getting hitched and this is, in my opinion, what you should do. If he truly cares about you, he won't mind waiting until you are emotionally, physically, and financially ready! It concerns me that your mom and sister have doubts about him; usually other people can see what you can not, so take this into account. Plus, in a few years you may not even want to marry him anymore! Your mind changes a lot between 17 and 20!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I too young to be engaged [ 19 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years and are really close :D we have been best of friends since the beginning on secondry school in 2000 he proposed to me not so long ago and I wish I had said yes and at the time I really wanted to as well it wqsa just I was worried about telling my...

Engaged but not sure if I'm in love [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 23 and been with my partner for a year, he's younger than me and I have three children from a previous relationship, the problem is before I got with my current partner I was deeply in love with a friend for two years and when I finally gave up and got with my new partner I then found out that...

Being on probation, getting engaged [ 1 Answers ]

My son is on probation for another 9 months, because of an ex girlfriend filing charges on him. He has been seeing a girl, age 20, heis is also 20, and she says she loves him very much and wants to move in with him. They are palanning to get married in a year and half. Does he have to ask...

Engaged but confused. [ 3 Answers ]

I had dated a guy for 3 yrs before I moved away to go to graduate school. At that time we agreed to stay together but we slowly drifted apart. We'd see each other at christmas and it would be like old times but back to school I went and back to his life he went. We never formally discussed it...

Engaged then not? [ 2 Answers ]

I met david at the end of my freshamn year of college. He was enlisted in the navy and was supposed to leave April 11. He then asked for another date (later) to leave so he could spend time with me. His new date was July 11th. We fell in love and went and looked at rings and talked about when we ...

View more questions Search