Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduck33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 11:19 AM
    Thermostat Failure?
    I have a wall mounted Whirlpool air conditioner which was bought new 3 years ago. The thermostat on this unit appears to have quit functioning this summer. It just continuously pours out cold air and eventually causes the unit to ice up. Any suggestions as to what I can try to get the thermostat functioning once again?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2005, 08:57 PM
    I am sure the thermostat only controls a relay, not the power to the unit. The relay may be sticking. Relays are common, simple things having a coil that switches contacts. You may be able to find an exact replacement where parts for your brand of A/C is sold. Otherwise match the coil voltage, and contact voltage and amperage with a relay from Radio Shack or a hardware store and make it work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer failure [ 2 Answers ]

My question is: If the battery is low, will it cause an older computer to fail to operate and not recognize the hard drive? Thank you to anyone who can advise [email protected]

Kidney failure [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! My dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure. She will not eat and rarely drink or go to the bathroom. She just lays around, coughs, and vomits flem. The doctor says we need to put her down. The doctor had given her some medicine and vitamins. I am wondering if there is ANYTHING...

Renal failure in a CAT [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My eight year old cat, Willy, was recently diagnosed with Kidney Renal Failure..KIDNEY RENAL FAILURE He is right on the border. I would like to know what is the difference between Perscription products for Kidneys and the other products.. For example, Low Phosphorus, reduced portein,...

Failure of GSM location updation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Kindly help me to resolve location updation problem of inroamer which is failing showing the error cause "system failure" in SS7 signaling trace. Regds, Banhi

Computer failure [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sirs or madams: I have a Midwest micro computer about 9 yrs. Old. We use it for the games that are part of the windows version loaded into it permanently. A few days ago it would not load and come on as it did before. The messages say the hard drive is not installed and the battery is low. ...

View more questions Search