Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redneckchick Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Feb 9, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Underage drinking
    Well my boyfriend and I were talking last night and we got into a fight about underage drinking. I just want to know can't you get arrested underage drinking? I told him that you can get arrested for underage drinking but he didn't believe me...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
    You get arrested for underage possession, if you are drinking you are in possession because it is in your system.

But normally it is not the actual drinking that you are arrested for but the possession.

Now this is the state I was a police officer in, other states can have their own state laws
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
    If you're caught driving under the influence it makes no difference if your underage or not. You will also be charged with 'minor in possession'. This includes heavy fines, having to take classes related to drinking, driving, etc... and the possibility that you will lose your license for an extended period.

That's the good news. The bad news is that you could get killed or kill someone else. In that case--if you're dead, it won't matter to you, but your family and friends will suffer your loss for the rest of their lives. If you live and possibly kill someone else--you live with the knowledge that your selfish immature stupidity has taken someone else' life and that their family and friends suffer that knowledge for the rest of their lives.

So you can keep arguing about it--just don't do it!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckchick
    Well my boyfriend and i were talking last night and we got into a fight about underage drinking. i just want to know can't you get arrested underage drinking? i told him that you can get arrested for underage drinking but he didnt believe me....
    It depends on what you get caught doing. If, for example, you are in someone's home and they served you liquor, more likely THEY would be arrested. There was a case on LI just today, where a police officer was arrested for giving beer to minors. However, if you were caught breaking the law while drunk you would be arrested for that. If you were haging out in a schoolyard and someone called the cops you could be arrested on a variety of charges.

So there is no pat answer to your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested for Underage drinking! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I was arrested for underage drinking... I was trying to run away from home... this is the first time I have evr gotten in any trouble with the law... they did not read my my rights or do a breathalizer test to see how drunk I was... they went off what someone else said... what I need to know...

Underage marriage [ 28 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I have a boyfriend who is 21 years old. Can he get in trouble if we try to get married?( I have a baby)

Dating underage [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old date a 15 yr old in GA? :mad:

Underage Consumption Citation [ 5 Answers ]

I received a citation last year, in Murfreesboro TN, and the probation is over in march. While getting a ride home a few nights ago, we were pulled over. My friend, who was driving, told the cop that he had been drinking, the other passenger as well as I told the other officer we had not been...

View more questions Search