Originally Posted by bennyhill38
Well I have became a victum of circumstance I guess. I guess I have been suckered, but getting wise. I have sent money and gotten screwed of course. However I still want to marry a Philipino woman so I am very reluctant now. I feel there are honest philipino women out there and are labled because of these other scammers. Is there a true way of filtering them out? bennyhill38
Philippines is a poor country so stories of survival are jaw dropping and heart wrenching for people from well off countries like US. As ylaira said, some maybe true, partially true and exaggerated. Filipinos are not direct so when it comes to money matters, they just imply and don't ask.
1. Choose who you talk to...
2. Avoid those who got no job but got kids. In the Philippines, when couple separates, women got the kids and don't fight enough for child support so they have to raise kids on their own. So when you talk you feel she's implying she needs money.
3. Avoid those who got no job and eldest in the family of 9. Eldest in the family are expected to take over their parents job as it gets older. Parents mentality are "My kid will take care of me when I get old"
and eldest s thinking is " I have to help my parents"
. So when you talk you feel she's implying she needs money.
4. Avoid those who got no job and seems like born with a twin of misfortune ("My daddy died", "I'm sick", "I was mugged", "My sister had a life threatening accident"
). So when you talk you feel she's implying she needs money.
5. Avoid those who got no job and got a soap operatic life story: raped, been working in the field since 6 years old, lived in a grass hut, walks without a shoes on her way to school, currently making bare pesos out of help but had time to rent computer to chat. So when you talk you feel she's implying she needs money.
6. Avoid those who said they got a job but always sound she doesn't have enough. Filipino's culture is to share when you're making the most or the only one who got some luck in life. So when you talk you feel she's implying she needs money.
In short, choose self-sufficient ones and use your head. You'll know and you'll feel as you go along who really loves your company not because you're an English speaking / ATM man.