I like him and he likes me, so why won't he ask me out?

Asked Apr 6, 2008, 11:31 AM 13 Answers
    I like this guy and he likes me. He has told me so, and I have been dropping hints to him, but he has yet to ask me out. I don't like it when a girl asks out a guy. If anyone can give me some advice on how to flirt with him, or how to get him to ask me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CliffARobinson; Aug 17, 2011 at 03:49 PM.
    softbalgrl1331's Avatar
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

#2

Apr 7, 2008, 03:40 PM
    My suggestion is to just tell him how you feel! If he had enough guts to tell you he likes you- than it'll be even easier for him to ask you out once he finally knows for sure that you like him back. He is probably oblivious to the suggestive hints and such because he is so focused on trying to figure out if you like him! Also, don't draw back from the idea of telling him how you feel- telling him you like him is not the same as asking him out.
    ISneezeFunny's Avatar
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821

#3

Apr 7, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Perhaps he's scared... nervous... not sure if you'll say YES..
    Simple Asian's Avatar
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

#4

Apr 7, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Tell him straight up that you like him.. but you not ask him out...

Like " you no I like you right ? So why you not moving ? Don't you like me ?

It might come a little bit strong but it one way or the other
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 47,058, Reputation: 10289
    Senior Family & People Expert

#5

Apr 7, 2008, 06:10 PM

Maybe there is a good reason he doesn't ask you out, could be he has never done it before, and has no clue. You don't have to ask him out, but you could make suggestions. Don't let either of your personal shortcomings, spoil things. You do like each other after all.
    ampersandra's Avatar
    ampersandra Posts: 70, Reputation: 10

#6

Apr 7, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Here's another idea, why not just ask him to hang out with you as friends? You don't really need to ask him for a formal date. I've personally never had a real date before and I'm in my mid-twenties! Catch a movie after work/school, have a casual lunch together, ask him if he could help you with homework at his/your place if you're both in school. Relax and be playful. If a relationship does develop, all the better. If not, at least you'll have earned a good friend for your efforts.
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,839, Reputation: 2034

#7

Apr 7, 2008, 07:39 PM
    I am in my 50's and can't really say I had a REAL date either. I am more the hang out with friends type. Besides asking him to hang out if there is something coming up (a school event, movies, etc... ) that you plan on going to you could tell him you are going and it would be nice if he could go too.
    the_gentleman's Avatar
    the_gentleman Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

#8

Apr 8, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Ok, this is coming from a guy that has the same problems your guy is having... Like someone said previously, he is so busy trying to figure you out that he is not taking the hints. He might be afraid of rejection, like most nice guys, so you have to put yourself on the line and make the move. I know that its not very chivorous, but sometimes we just need that little push. Don't worry, you won't make him feel less like a man. If anything he will be grateful from having the worries about if you like him or not. Just go for it. If you really want to knock him off his feet, give him a peck on the lips, at the right time though. Hopefully I helped you and by seeing that females have the same problem as us nice guys, it has helped me. Thanks
    liz28's Avatar
    liz28 Posts: 4,660, Reputation: 1034

#9

Apr 8, 2008, 05:10 PM
    There nothing wrong with asking a guy out, that how I got my b/f. Now a day if u want someone let them know and don't be afraid of the word no but you should ask him if he likes you and if he says yes then ask why he never asked you up.
    Ayuda76's Avatar
    Ayuda76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#10

Apr 15, 2009, 08:05 PM

I was in the same situation... so I told him how I felt. The response was that he didn't want a relationship. Just saying that is a possible response. If he realizes you want more than he is willing to give, than he won't ask you out, even if he likes you and wants to continue being in your life.

I like this guy but he likes her and I sometimes feel like he likes me too.. [ 8 Answers ]

Threads merged Hey everyone, I have this really close friend who's a guy. I like him but he has a girlfriend who used to be my best friend. She and I fought and now we are no longer friends but I am still extremely close to him. He usually tells me all his secrets and has told me I'm the...

What do I do when my girlfriend loves me but likes one of her exs and he likes her to [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so me and my girlfriend have been going out since June 20,2010. Lately we have gotten into many fights... But since she told me that she likes one of her exs and her ex likes her too the fights have just been common more and more each day. We broke up for one day but the next day got together...