How can I get over my ex boyfriend?

Asked Oct 28, 2006, 12:17 PM 22 Answers
    My boyfriend broke up with me recently, and ever since I can't stop thinking about him and the things we used to do. I really want to forget him and move on with my life but I can't for some reason.

How can I get over him?

Last edited by CliffARobinson; Aug 17, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
    andrewcocke's Avatar
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

#2

Oct 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
    In your mind, put him in his place. Remember, he just a guy, and no one is worth all that fuss.

The first couple of days are normal to feel a lot of different feelings, but in the end, you just have to accept that he doesn't want to be with you anymore.

The answer to your question will come naturally, because it has to, there is no other way.

Ive had my heart broke before too, I think everyone has, the fact is that you do eventually get over it, in time.

To use this analogy:

This problem has buried you alive, you look, all you see is dirt, you think your going to die. Little to you realize, your only buried in about 2 inches of dirt. All you really have to do is sit up, and stand tall. Your only six feet under when you are dead.
    Dani171986's Avatar
    Dani171986 Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

#3

Jan 31, 2007, 04:40 AM
    My boyfriend broke up with me recently too and I feel exactly the same. Even to its hard, you just have to think towards a future without him and go out, keep yourself busy. I find it easier to cope when I'm aroung others. Just simply having company, so I don't feel alone and let my mind go into overdrive thinking about him and all tho's what if's and why doesn't he want me. Just give it time and hopefully you'll become content or even enjoy being single for a while and you never know some other guy might come along and take your mind off him. Try to be optamistic.
    tina78's Avatar
    tina78 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

#4

Mar 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanny_2006
    My boyfriend broke up with me recently and from ever since I can't stop thinking about him and the things we used to do and stuff like that. How can I get over him? I really want to forget him and move on with my life but I can't for some reason. How can I get over him?
    Start to think of all of his bad points! And just be strong because that will show you have confidence in yourself... if you carry on like this you are doing yourself more harm than good and that never comes across well with anyone trust me! Go out, join the gym, start liking your own company and think positive about the future, things happen for a reason... take it as it's a good thing that's happened and don't allow yourself to get too attached to people either... not too early on like I used to, I have been through a similar thing and I have picked myself up quite quickly
    saz25's Avatar
    saz25 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

#5

Mar 25, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanny_2006
    Think of all the things you couldn't do or that he didn't like and do them! I'm in the same situation as you right now and I know what your feeling,go out with your fiends and have fun that really helps,being on your own give you time to think about all the things you did but don't watse your time! While your sat at home dwelling on the past mr right could be looking for u!
    EnglishRose's Avatar
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

#6

Mar 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
    It is always hard when you loved them. You will always think of him when you see thengs that remind you of him, even years later. One way to avoid this is by taking these things out of your life, at least for a while. Put that teddy, if your anthing like me you will have clung to some bear for hours since, any photos, anything at all that reminds you only of him. If there are things you cant do anything with like furniture, do something different with it. Deleate emails, texts etc. Remove his number from your phone and ignore him if his calls. This might seem extreme but I swear it helps. Then get the girls round, rent every chick flick you can find. Eat a ton of ice cream and have a good time. Look at all those perfect relationships and remember yours was not like that (they never are) and day dream about Richard Gere rescuing you from a tall building.
    texxxas's Avatar
    texxxas Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

#7

Mar 29, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Keep yourself busy, go out, meet new people, get involved in things, it really helps, although u'll be thinking of him at times, once you're so busy, you don't have time to think about him, you'll eventually get over him, remind yourself that you're a great girl and it's really his loss, seriously, he's out of his mind for breaking up with him, especially since you didn't do anything wrong, think about the next guy, he maybe even more perfect for you, love hurts but like all wounds, it heals, give yourself time, good luck babe, trying to get over someone sucks, but all in due time...
    gypsy456's Avatar
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

#8

Mar 29, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanny_2006
    Keep yourself busy...

Time will heal... time will help you to get over it.

Don't be so hard on yourself, try to do every day something nice for yourself... and know: it does take time to get over somebody who was this important to you.

One day at the time...
    EnglishRose's Avatar
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

#9

Mar 30, 2007, 01:55 PM
    I read a quote today 'You cant really know love, until some has broken your heart'. I'm not saying its true, but yeah, I think it helps. Knowing how badly ex's have treated me has helped me to see exactly how great my other half is.
    Zeus2007's Avatar
    Zeus2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

#10

Mar 31, 2007, 04:01 PM
    It hurts for a reason, learn form it.. Stay busy, no destructive behavior. Alcohol and sex are bad right now. Don't confuse the subject. Surround yourself with friends that's what they are for.

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

Confused feelings about current boyfriend,ex boyfriend [ 27 Answers ]

Okay background story, My ex and I dated for a little over 2 years, I loved him so much and he was faithful and good to me. The problem was that he wasn't as outgoing in a sense as I was, and he wouldn't take me out, I mean he took me out every weekend, but it wasn't to do like new stuff, stuff...