Capitalizing Every Word

Asked Apr 4, 2006, 02:01 PM 37 Answers
    What's Up With Some People Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence?

I've noticed this in some posts, and I'm wondering if it has a special meaning in cyberculture, similar to the way using ALL CAPS signifies shouting. I have to admit it's slightly annoying to read and very annoying to type!

Last edited by orange; Apr 4, 2006 at 02:12 PM.
    Cgirl's Avatar
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

#2

Apr 4, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Hi Orange,
    I capitalize letters only when I am trying to emphasize that particular word, like this for example: You are VERY right about that!
    RickJ's Avatar
    RickJ Posts: 7,694, Reputation: 855

#3

Apr 4, 2006, 02:05 PM
    They imagine it to be like we would imagine italicizing... I'm convinced that most of them just don't know they're "shouting".

When I see all caps, I immediately think "newbie to e-communicating".

Heck, I should probably be kindly letting them know that it's impolite... but frequently don't.
    RickJ's Avatar
    RickJ Posts: 7,694, Reputation: 855

#4

Apr 4, 2006, 02:05 PM
    PS to Cgirl: Me TOO
    Cgirl's Avatar
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

#5

Apr 4, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Rickj-
    Or they forgot that their caps lock is on
    orange's Avatar
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197

#6

Apr 4, 2006, 02:10 PM
    I think you guys misunderstood me. I didn't mean ALL CAPS... I use that myself to emphasize things. I meant when people capitalize the first letter of each word in a sentence. Like this:

I Have A Problem With My Boyfriend Aand I Hope You Guys Can Help Me Out.
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 16,895, Reputation: 1759
    Admin & Wine Expert

#7

Apr 4, 2006, 02:11 PM
    Hehehehehe It Seems That There Is A Setting Within This Site Where By A Complete Answer Typed In All Caps Comes Out Having The First Letter Capitalised And The Rest As They Should Be.
    -------------------------------------------
    The sentence above was written with the caps lock on
    This ONLY works if the WHOLE post is typed in CAPS.
    One small letter and it all falls apart.
    Cgirl's Avatar
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

#8

Apr 4, 2006, 02:12 PM
    >I think you guys misunderstood me. I didn't mean ALL CAPS... I use that myself to emphasize things. I meant when people capitalize the first letter of each word in a sentence.
    Hmm...I guess maybe they just have a lot of time on their hands then, that's the only explanation I can give for that one!
    orange's Avatar
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197

#9

Apr 4, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    The sentance above was written with the caps lock on
    OHHHH... OKAY THANKS CURLYBEN, THAT EXPLAINS IT...

Curlyben's Avatar
    Admin & Wine Expert

#10

Apr 4, 2006, 02:19 PM
    See it completely messes up when you put something else in the same sentence

New word for us to add... [ 7 Answers ]

We have TRUST, RESPECT, COMPROMISE, (What did I miss?? ) New word to add... very important... BALANCE!! You need balance in the relationship to make it work. Give the person space... Everyone needs other things in life... not just the relationship... balance includes being gwith your...

His Word [ 3 Answers ]

First, please forgive the length of this post. I do not wish to "attack" or offend anyone. Rather this is a plea for accuracy and consideration to Him who is the Creator. When one takes time to study The Bible in several of it's translations, and particularly in it's original languages of...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Using Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows 98 and I want to know how to make templates for different size paper and different margins. Please make it simple, as I have tried about 3 hours and cannot get it right, and thank you so much for your help Kathryn Klenk mamakat@rose.net I write a lot of letters and copy...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI