Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That's kind of silly since your choice is to eat cat tacos or pig tacos, or beef tacos.
    What's silly is you think we eat cat tacos and are stupid.

Since YOU have insurance YOU like and have made the choice to keep it. Why don't you let everybody weigh their own options and see what works best for them. Glitches and roll out deficiencies aside, and politics, you cannot deny people need health care choices.

But you would deny others having a choice that YOU have already made for yourself. Looking for a name for that.

Hey if you like cat tacos keep eating them, just please don't invite me for lunch!
    What part of this don't you get?

Sorry, you're punishing responsible people and that's wrong. You're forcing people to buy something they don't want and can't afford and that's wrong. We were fed a huge lie over and over again and that's wrong. The government tried to hide the costs which added to their disastrous rollout and have lied to us over and over about it and that's wrong.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Moderator note

RESIZE YOUR PICTURE
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Hello smoothy:
    RESIZE YOUR PICTURE
    That's no mistake, smoothy.. It really IS that big.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 09:41 AM
    QUOTE by speechlesstx;
    What's silly is you think we eat cat tacos and are stupid.
    Not stupid, just unaware. Trusting without verifying. I wouldn't question what you served for lunch because I trust you.

Raise your awareness and at least acknowledge that Insurance companies past practice is anything but above board and was unfair gouging that had to change. You have yet to come up with a good idea that addresses what has allowed to go on for decades.

To go back to that exploitation is unacceptable. I reject that notion and so has America. Get with the program and stop making stuff up about how everybody just LOVES their junk insurance. When the sticker price shock wears off those folks will be pissed they fell for the snake oil for years. But as usual you think because those insurance companies admit no wrong doing they are the victims of government over reach and harsh regulation.

Keep ignoring the documented victims that go way back to before you were even born.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Not stupid, just unaware. Trusting without verifying
    Gee, and how did we get to this mess? Seriously? Bwa ha ha ha!
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 10:14 AM
    It's an ongoing process to make changes that benefit. Would you tell a surgeon to stop saving lives because he lost a patient after doing all he could?

Of course not, learn and strive to do better. Takes time. Maybe forever, maybe NEVER. Sometimes you just have to be grateful for little things, like catching a powerhouse fantasy team going through a major bye week, and hoping for the best while planning for the worst.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2013, 10:27 AM
    It's an ongoing process to make changes that benefit. Would you tell a surgeon to stop saving lives because he lost a patient after doing all he could?

Of course not, learn and strive to do better. Takes time. Maybe forever, maybe NEVER. Sometimes you just have to be grateful for little things, like catching a powerhouse fantasy team going through a major bye week, and hoping for the best while planning for the worst.
    Apparently you miss the irony of an Obama supporter not only lecturing us on "Trusting without verifying", but doing so on an Obamacare thread. Now that's a jaw dropper.
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Dude, I may not be a fan of Reagan's or Bush, but have to give them credit where its due on the GOOD things they did. Doesn't matter where I am, or whom I am with.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Moderator note

RESIZE YOUR PICTURE
    That picture wasn't too big... and besides I don't own it or host it so I don't have that option .

I'm guessing its contents hit home all too well.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 10:41 AM
    and besides I don't own it or host it so I don't have that option .
    For someone who claims computer expertise that made me laugh. It would have taken me all of 20 seconds to save, crop, and add as attachment here.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    For someone who claims computer expertise that made me laugh. It would have taken me all of 20 seconds to save, crop, and add as attachment here.
    Except for some reason I don't have the option to upload a photo to this site as an attachment... and never have.

I have to link one hosted through a third party.

I know perfectly well how to resize a photo...that I own (to upload as an attachment)...or that I host.
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    That picture wasn't too big... and besides I don't own it or host it so I don't have that option .

I'm guessing its contents hit home all too well.
    Naw, wrong again, it was throwing off the sites setting.

Under HOME>FAQ>

How do I add pictures and other file types to my post?

A. "Attach" files (including pictures) from your computer. This method puts the attached file below the text of the post.

Click on an Ask or Answer button to ask or answer a question
    Compose your question or answer in the window.
    Under the window where you composed your question or answer is a section called Additional Options.
    Click on the Manage Attachments button: a pop-up dialog will open. NOTE: The Manage Attachments dialog lists the maximum sizes of the various types of files that may be attached.
    Click the Browse button to navigate to the image on your computer and double click the file on your computer: this will return you to the dialog window.
    Click the Upload button.
    Click the link to close the dialog window OR repeat numbers 5 & 6 to attach another image.
    B. "Embed" image(s) from the internet. This method inserts an image wherever you wish within the text of your post.

Click the Insert Image icon above the posting window: A pop-up asking for the URL will open.
    Enter the URL of the image in the field then click the OK button.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Naw, wrong again, it was throwing off the sites setting.

Under HOME>FAQ>

How do I add pictures and other file types to my post?

A. "Attach" files (including pictures) from your computer. This method puts the attached file below the text of the post.

Click on an Ask or Answer button to ask or answer a question
    Compose your question or answer in the window.
    Under the window where you composed your question or answer is a section called Additional Options.
    Click on the Manage Attachments button: a pop-up dialog will open. NOTE: The Manage Attachments dialog lists the maximum sizes of the various types of files that may be attached.
    Click the Browse button to navigate to the image on your computer and double click the file on your computer: this will return you to the dialog window.
    Click the Upload button.
    Click the link to close the dialog window OR repeat numbers 5 & 6 to attach another image.
    B. "Embed" image(s) from the internet. This method inserts an image wherever you wish within the text of your post.

Click the Insert Image icon above the posting window: A pop-up asking for the URL will open.
    Enter the URL of the image in the field then click the OK button.
    Excpet that I actually don't have an option to manage attachments... and I never have the entire time I've been a member here..

I guess thats something I have to bring up to one of the admins later today....because the mask for my user account doesn't have that enabled for whatever reason....could have been a corruption issue from the very beginning. Every photo I've checked out here posted by others has been linked from an offsite host. Not saying none are posted as attachments...I just haven't seen the code in the post that would indicate it.

A lot of sites don't allow it because of how it bloats the server requirements....I never heard anyone here say they could before today.
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Sure you do, hit go advance, instead of submit, and scroll down to manage attachments.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2013, 10:59 AM
    Yup, here's the screen shot. Now if we just add text after the attachment.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Yup, here's the screen shot. Now if we just add text after the attachment.
    I'll PM Curlyben and find out why I don't have that option come up for me rather than take up pages of this thread. I know all the admin settings on this software.....and something isn't checked off that should be (yes you can do it at group or even individual levels).....not a huge issue or a time consuming one. Certainly not worth taking up into the second page of posts on it anyway.

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 11:20 AM
    I even have it in the old "blue" skin, though you have to select "Go Advanced".
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 11:25 AM
    I apologize Smoothy as sometimes I forget the different skins that we use on this site. Thanks, Steve, NK, for pointing that out.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2013, 11:37 AM
    Oh the irony just continues as sticker shock keeps making it's reality known.

Obamacare jacks up her insurance

By CAROL MARIN

Last Modified: Oct 27, 2013 02:38AM
    Sue Klinkhamer has a problem.

It’s called Obamacare.

And the irony of her situation is not lost on her. In a recent email addressed to her former boss, Illinois Congressman Bill Foster, and other Democratic colleagues, she wrote:

“I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”

For Klinkhamer, 60, President Obama’s oft-repeated words ring in her ears: “If you like your health plan, you will keep it.”

Well, possibly not.

When Klinkhamer lost her congressional job, she had to buy an individual policy on the open market.

Three years ago, it was $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. Each year it went up a little to, as of Sept. 1, $291 with a $3,500 deductible. Then, a few weeks ago, she got a letter.

“Blue Cross,” she said, “stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”

She went on, “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. ... Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?”

The sticker shock Klinkhamer is experiencing is something millions of individual policyholders are reeling from having gotten similar letters from their private insurers.

As UCLA Public Policy expert Dr. Gerald F. Kominski told CBS News this week, “Half of the 14 million people who buy insurance on their own are not going to keep the policies they previously had.”

Part of the reason those policies will be more expensive, he explained, is that Obamacare is requiring insurers to offer “a better product with better protection.”

Congressman Foster, Klinkhamer’s former boss who has since been returned to Congress, told me by phone Friday, “A very large number of people are very grateful” for Obamacare.

No doubt about that.

But right now Sue Klinkhamer, no novice to government or public policy, isn’t among them.

“I am a Democrat and I believe in health care for all,” she said.

“And I was excited that previously uninsured people could now get insurance on the open market. But this is not affordable to me.”

Klinkhamer suggests renaming the Affordable Care Act.

“Just call it,” she said dryly, “the Available Care Act.”
    What's odd is this silly argument that the new crap sandwich is better than the "Junk bare bone plans" we who are too stupid to know what's in our own interest had.

So 'splain to me why those "junk bare bones" plans we liked are doubling in price if they're so bad? Why, I can spend half as much and get better insurance with the same company!!!
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 12:01 PM
    This from one of the least biased polls....

42% Identify with Obama Politically, 42% with the Tea Party - Rasmussen Reports™

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search