Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It appears that both Speaker Bonehead and Madam Mimi have laid down a gauntlet to insist that before the emperor acts ,that he get congressional approval. Lets see if he crosses that red line.
    Mimi has the seen the light, i.e. the need to cover for the emperor.

Nancy Pelosi the hawk tells President Obama to act on Syria
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 09:09 AM
    So that satisifies his constitutional responsibility ? A conference call with the 2 leaders ? That's a “robust” consultation ? Did Bonehead cry ?

If he wants congressional approval ,why doesn't he call Congress back from vacation ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    why doesn't he call Congress back from vacation ?
    Why don't they COME back from vacation on their own? Do they NEED an invitation to DO their job?

Excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Ummm he's the one that wants to drop the bombs
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 09:17 AM
    They will be back soon enough, since many of them have no clue about modern technology. Hell if some have no clue about the female body, what makes you think they know about Cisco apps?

Walk and chew bubble gum to the uninformed. Repubs are going to vote NO anyway, doesn't matter what they vote on, where, or the debates they have.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 09:19 AM
    Funny how OweBama was calling the security briefings about Iraq total BS and lies... and yet completely blieves these ones in fact assumes stuff they NEVER calim to be true from the very same agencies... who never claim its 100% certain who did it.

Everyone all together now... Obama Lied... People died...
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    ummm he's the one that wants to drop the bombs
    And, they're the ones who want to STOP him. You can't DO that from St. Louis.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:
    And, they're the ones who wanna STOP him. You can't DO that from St. Louis.

excon
    What are they going to do, wave the constitution at him? The law means nothing to the imperial president.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Well, as we've discussed ad nausium, Obama hasn't YET violated the Constitution, or you'da IMPEACHED him sure as I'm sitting here...

AND, if you can prove he's violating the War Powers Act, then you can impeach him now. Like I've said all along, if he's a CROOK, then I want him in jail.

Congress HAS power. They can DO a LOT more than wave the Constitution at Obama. But, poor old Daryl Issa, as we've discussed, doesn't know HOW to wield the power he has. So, instead of being on HIS case, you're fine with a Republican controlled House who lays down for the president, and you don't know what to do, alas and alack..

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 10:23 AM
    Just heard Kerry.. they have no intention of waiting for Congressional approval. Why doesn't Reid call the Senate back ?
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 10:40 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I just heard Kerry too. F**CK those Syrians!

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Well, as we've discussed ad nausium, Obama hasn't YET violated the Constitution, or you'da IMPEACHED him sure as I'm sitting here...

AND, if you can prove he's violating the War Powers Act, then you can impeach him now. Like I've said all along, if he's a CROOK, then I want him in jail.

Congress HAS power. They can DO a LOT more than wave the Constitution at Obama. But, poor old Daryl Issa, as we've discussed, doesn't know HOW to wield the power he has. So, instead of being on HIS case, you're fine with a Republican controlled House who lays down for the president, and you don't know what to do, alas and alack..

excon
    I am absolutely positive the impeachment of the first black president.would go over well.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 10:50 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I just heard Kerry too. F**CK those Syrians!!

excon
    Yes ,of course why shouldn't we believe the intel was doctored ? That's what the Dems told us in 2003.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 11:01 AM
    Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 11:05 AM
    And so the hollering... er... debate begins!! My bet is repubs will find a place to hide for a while... er... I mean SQUEAL!!

We all know they squeal for a long time. And very LOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUD!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Elenore Holmes Norton... and there is no one more pro-obama than her... or liberal... is demanding Obama go to congress for a vote first...

I was shocked she actually said something I agreed with.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    And so the hollering.................er..............debate begins!!! My bet is repubs will find a place to hide for a while..................er.....................I mean SQUEAL!!!!!!!!

We all know they squeal for a long time.
    Hollering and squealing? I recall lots of it prior to Obama getting elected president, but I haven't noticed much hollering and squealing on this. The usual squealers are conspicuously absent, but we addressed that - it's the economy they say. Magic markers are expensive.

But let me ask, how should we respond to the "ad-libbed" war? Hey, at least Bush was calculated, organized, got congressional approval and built a large coalition. The emperor is going it alone.

(Does any of this irony sink in?)

P.S. NBC poll: Nearly 80 percent want congressional approval on Syria

Are you calling the majority of Americans 'squealers'?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Yes Just heard Kerry, they have absolute certainty about the facts right down to the last dead body. So there is evidence that any kangaroo court would accept, the testimony of a US secretary of state. Now I remember another US secretary of state assuring us of irrefutable facts. De jevu,. anyone
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 03:29 PM
    Canada is not going guys... no one in the vicinity of this crazy person wants anyone's involvement
    Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
    NBC poll: Nearly 80 percent want congressional approval on Syria - First Read

Fifty percent of Americans believe the United States should not intervene in the wake of suspected chemical weapons attacks by Syrian President Bashar Assad, according to the poll. But the public is more supportive of military action when it's limited to launching cruise missiles from U.S. naval ships - 50 percent favor that kind of intervention, while 44 percent oppose it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I caused havoc! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm jules I'm 16 and a month ago I was asked out by a guy I had already dated two times before. He had been very sweet in asking me out and said he loved me and stuff and that he had changed over the summer and is more mature (lol). Since we have similar Christian values and love horses I said yes....

Havoc soundtrack [ 0 Answers ]

When the girls first go to a party,there's a spanish song playing. What's it called?

My dogs poop looks like grits or grain is in it, and its loose what could cause this? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husand got a new GSD (7 weeks) and we started him out on Iams puppy food, he has had loose stools ever since we got him, he got treated for hookworms and also tapeworms but yet still has the problem. His poop looks like it has grits in it or either grains, it is sometimes formed but also...

Can spider bites make dogs loose bladder control? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to Idaho with our Old English Sheepdog ( Arthur ) we have seen black widow and wolf spiders around the outside of the house and had them sprayed but Arthur has become lethargic and last night and this morning has wet himself. This has never happened before, could he have been...

What can you do about a 16 year old is causing havoc? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm single dad w/3kids since 2000. The mother is a bi-polar & acute alcoholic. She has not lived up to her visitation schedule in over 2 years. She has a history of canceling visitation at the last minute or not showing up and her excuses are always suspicious. My 18 yr old son is doing okay but...

View more questions Search