Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:08 AM
    So we can support these guys .
    Report: Saudis sent death-row inmates to fight Syria

Russia is trying to get Syria to place their cw stock under international supervision.
    Russia calls on Syria to give up control of its chemical weapons

And Kerry speaks 'rhetorically ' .
    Kerry speaking rhetorically over Syria turning in weapons: State Department | Reuters
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

The problem with YOU guys, is you have NO idea what's going on over there... Here's a good example... Michelle Bachmann, STILL doesn't know who attacked us on 9/11. Speaking about the Muslim Brotherhood, here's what she said in Cairo the other day,
    We are here as members of Congress to say, we are with you, and we encourage you.

We stand against this great evil. We remember who caused 9/11. We remember who it was that killed 3000 brave Americans.
    Didja see those nut jobs Louie Ghomert and Steve King there too? They're YOUR people, aren't they?

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

Excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:

The problem with YOU guys, is you have NO idea what's going on over there... Here's a good example... Michelle Bachmann, STILL doesn't know who attacked us on 9/11. Speaking about the Muslim Brotherhood, here's what she said in Cairo the other day, Didja see those nut jobs Louie Ghomert and Steve King there too?? They're YOUR people, aren't they??

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    And I suppose you actually do?

Are you aware the same news YOU watch was telling you Obama never drew a red line... when he has done it no less than 6 times previously... ON Video tape?

And you still believe what they tell you? Bwaaa hahaha...

Has Obbama ever NOT lied about something yet? I have seen ZERO proof that Assad ordered this... and in fact Assad has zero reason to do it... and every reason NOT to do it.

Most of the Lamestream media produces propaganda shows... because an Actual NEWS show would require facts and things to be true... something that is very inconvienint for the propaganda that they want to push on the suckers that believe anything they are told... "because it was on the News...it must be true".

Cripes... the things I have actually seen unfiltered have rarely been portrayed accuratly on the news... why should I believe everything I haven't would be any different?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Kerry threw down the gauntlet .... "hand over all your weapons" or face an "unbelievably small" attack...you have one week to comply .
    And that my friends is "leading from behind" with "smart power."
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Kerry may yet prove to be the statesman of the hour, finding a solution to military force and escalation of conflict
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Kerry may yet prove to be the statesman of the hour, finding a solution to military force and escalation of conflict
    What is it they say... about an infinite number monkeys banging away on and infinite number of typewriters eventually typing the collective works of Shakespeare?

Because when he first said that... the administration was saying he misspoke... and then flip-flopped to cover their collective butts.

And it turns out to be a far better IDEA than the Bloviating the POTUS has been spewing lately.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Because when he first said that....the administration was saying he misspoke....and then flip-flopped to cover their collective butts.
    What would YOU do?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What would YOU do?
    Since you ask... I'd let them kill each other and just make sure it all stays inside their own borders. It's a civil war... we have no national interests in it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Since you ask.....I'd let them kill each other and just make sure it all stays inside their own borders. Its a civil war....we have no national interests in it.
    What about the women and children and old people? Why not put the men in a big room and let them duke it out?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:06 PM
    What about the women and children and old people? Why not put the men in a big room and let them duke it out?
    I can be a cold hearted SOB sometimes... this is one of those times.

It's their war... let them fight it.

Assad never even threatened us until after OweBama repeatedly threatened him with what are acts of war against a nation that never threatened us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 05:14 PM
    I can be a cold hearted SOB sometimes... this is one of those times.

It's their war... let them fight it.
    I agree. And our getting into won't resolve anything. It will be Iraq all over again.
    Assad never even threatened us until after OweBama repeatedly threatened him with what are acts of war against a nation that never threatened us.
    And we have been down that road before.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:23 PM
    I agree. And our getting into won't resolve anything. It will be Iraq all over again.

And we have been down that road before.
    Vietnam?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Vietnam?
    etc.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:27 PM
    etc.
    Not really ETC... Grenada there was a reason... Iraq... cease fire agreements... Afghanistan - harboring Al Queda...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 05:28 PM
    Not really ETC.....Grenada there was a reason.....Iraq...cease fire agreements....Afghanistan - harboring Al Queda...
    *humming softly to myself*
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:57 PM
    I watch what's said here and what is my take?someone thinks it's all the fault of men, like women don't take up arms, another says leave them to it, my views exactly, if they aren't interested in protecting their families from conflict, why do we take up the burden. I know because the US whatever the colour of its president must assume the white man's burden, and this is all it is, try to civilise the natives by uncivilised actions. We "Christians", and I use the term advisedly, have been trying to civilise the natives for centuries and where has it got us, at war with the most uncivilised group on the planet, Muslims, or more correctly, because we must always be correct, radical Islam. And when these people want to fight among themselves we still want to interfere, to "guide" the outcome. There used to be a song in the days of Vietnam "

Where have all the flowers gone?
    Where have the flowers gone?

Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the flowers gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the flowers gone? Young girls picked them, everyone
    When will we ever learn? When will we ever learn?

Where have all the young girls gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the young girls gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the young girls gone? Taken husbands everyone

Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the young men gone? Become soldiers everyone

Where have all the soldiers gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the soldiers gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone to graveyards, everyone
    Oh, when will we ever learn? When will we ever learn?

Tell me where have all the flowers gone?

Where have all the flowers gone? Gone to graveyards, everyone

Read more: Dolly Parton - Where Have All The Flowers Gone Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 06:12 PM
    I watch what's said here and what is my take?someone thinks it's all the fault of men, like women don't take up arms, another says leave them to it, my views exactly, if they arn't interested in protecting their families from conflict, why do we take up the burden. I know because the US whatever the colour of its president must assume the white man's burden, and this is all it is, try to civilise the natives by uncivilised actions. We "Christians", and I use the term advisedly, have been trying to civilise the natives for centuries and where has it got us, at war with the most uncivilised group on the planet, Muslims, or more correctly, because we must always be correct, radical Islam. And when these people want to fight among themselves we still want to interfere, to "guide" the outcome. there used to be a song in the days of Vietnam "

Where have all the flowers gone? Young girls picked them, everyone

Where have all the young girls gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the young girls gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the young girls gone? Taken husbands everyone

Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the young men gone? Become soldiers everyone

Where have all the soldiers gone? Long time passing
    Where have all the soldiers gone? Long time ago
    Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone to graveyards, everyone
    Oh, when will we ever learn? When will we ever learn?

Where have all the flowers gone? Gone to graveyards, everyone

Read more: Dolly Parton - Where Have All The Flowers Gone Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Pete Seeger finished writing that back in 1961.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Pete Seeger finished writing that back in 1961.
    And Vietman finished in "65" or was it "75" it was so long ago and in the light of today so unimportant because it achieved nothing which is the point of the song all the soldiers lie in their graves and that is exactly how it will be if there is war over Syria.

Back in those days america was in the grip of puff the magic dragon and what has changed, men dreaming drug induced dreams of glory
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 07:51 PM
    and Vietman finished in "65" or was it "75" it was so long ago and in the light of today so unimportant because it achieved nothing which is the point of the song all the soldiers lie in their graves and that is exactly how it will be if there is war over Syria.

back in those days america was in the grip of puff the magic dragon and what has changed, men dreaming drug induced dreams of glory
    Maybe '65 for the French... but it was '74 I think it was for us... might have been 75.

I was in the 9th grade and remember the videos on the news as we pulled out of Saigon.

Proof measured responses are the WRONG way to fight a war. You need to fight it to win it or don't bother at all.

I had two Uncles and a Cousin in it (two of them special forces)... and some close friends... excon was actually there.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:46 PM
    Maybe '65 for the French...but it was '74 I think it was for us....might have been 75.

I was in the 9th grade and remember the videos on the news as we pulled out of Saigon.

Proof measured responses are the WRONG way to fight a war. You need to fight it to win it or don't bother at all.

I had two Uncles and a Cousin in it (two of them special forces).....and some close friends...excon was actually there.
    No it was the fifties for the French, I remember the loss well I missed the Vietnam war, too old for the draft but I knew people who went, screwed them up good. The point of Vietnam is you can't win against a determined population without taking extraordinary measures. Fighting wars on someoneelse's ground is never the way to go. Sometimes it has to be done but not every time.

We have to get out of our heads, get out of the theory and the rhetoric, out of the manipulations and realise that people must be left to their own determination. Syria is not a party to the treaty on chemical weapons therefore unless they are used outside Syria no matter how awful the prospect we stay out of it and not impose our ideas on them. We merrily went about imposing our ideas on Iraq and where did it get us, not very far and certainly not where we wanted to be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I caused havoc! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm jules I'm 16 and a month ago I was asked out by a guy I had already dated two times before. He had been very sweet in asking me out and said he loved me and stuff and that he had changed over the summer and is more mature (lol). Since we have similar Christian values and love horses I said yes....

Havoc soundtrack [ 0 Answers ]

When the girls first go to a party,there's a spanish song playing. What's it called?

My dogs poop looks like grits or grain is in it, and its loose what could cause this? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husand got a new GSD (7 weeks) and we started him out on Iams puppy food, he has had loose stools ever since we got him, he got treated for hookworms and also tapeworms but yet still has the problem. His poop looks like it has grits in it or either grains, it is sometimes formed but also...

Can spider bites make dogs loose bladder control? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to Idaho with our Old English Sheepdog ( Arthur ) we have seen black widow and wolf spiders around the outside of the house and had them sprayed but Arthur has become lethargic and last night and this morning has wet himself. This has never happened before, could he have been...

What can you do about a 16 year old is causing havoc? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm single dad w/3kids since 2000. The mother is a bi-polar & acute alcoholic. She has not lived up to her visitation schedule in over 2 years. She has a history of canceling visitation at the last minute or not showing up and her excuses are always suspicious. My 18 yr old son is doing okay but...

View more questions Search