Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

You're just pissed that I took my rightful place in our league. FIRST! And, it's, bWa ha ha ha.

excon
    Actually it's "muahaha" and technically we're tied, but I feel confident in taking over my top spot again with my 13 top 10 players and getting Cliff Lee back soon. Muahahaha!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 08:55 AM
    Believe it or not, but I am not against holding ANY government responsible for its actions, but as to Mr. Ryan,

Catholic Bishops Blast Ryan Budget Plan - Christian Forums

So what's your excuse to backing his plan, or are you holding your nose like Tom is?

And I ain't that far behind you guys.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2012, 09:03 AM
    First it was the Alternet story now the Bishops and me backing his plan. Ryan can speak well enough for himself and you'll find no evidence of me backing his plan. At this point I don't really care about much other than evicting Obama.

And if I can keep my team healthy, you guys don't stand a chance.
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 10:06 AM
    The Bishops and me backing his plan. Ryan can speak well enough for himself and you'll find no evidence of me backing his plan.

Typo right, or is that how you really feel.

Them injuries can change everyrhing real fast.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Well either the Bishops believe in the virtue of private charity or they don't . I ask the Bishops who penned the letter (and are by no means the only voice of the church leadership) can a coerced act ever be virtuous ? By attempting to compel virtue, we eliminate its possibility.To be moral, an act must be of free will.

Further ; Catholic teaching leaves politics to the laity .Pelosi and Ryan both have the right to advance their views on social issues as Catholics with neither being more Catholic ,or a better one than the other

.As far as I can tell ;the Catholic belief in subsidiarity has not been abandoned as a principle teaching of the church .
    It is a fundamental principle of social philosophy, fixed and unchangeable, that one should not withdraw from individuals and commit to the community what they can accomplish by their own enterprise and industry. (Pope Pius XI)
    What is new and different in fact is this belief that the government should be the sole supplier of good works. .
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Your way, or no way huh?? Well you ain't getting my piece of the pie to impress your masters. And your Paul Ryan prays to Ayn Rand,

Ayn Rand or Jesus Christ? Conservatives Can't Have It Both Ways | | AlterNet

I see why you hold your nose, can't blame you!
    If Rand is Ryan's false god then surely FDR is yours.
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 10:19 AM
    What is new and different in fact is this belief that the government should be the sole supplier of good works. .

Why does any one entity have to be the only way its done? Why can't they all work for the same goal. Under the same rules? Why don't your rules protect me, like you want them to protect you?
    Expert

May 8, 2012, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    If Rand is Ryan's false god then surely FDR is yours.
    You righties obstructed him too, but couldn't get him out of office.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    the Bishops and me backing his plan. Ryan can speak well enough for himself and you'll find no evidence of me backing his plan.

Typo right, or is that how you really feel.

Them injuries can change everyrhing real fast.
    No typo, I was referring to your arguments, not mine. That should be easy enough to figure out on your own, you posted the Alternet story, you posted the Bishop story and you asked "whats your excuse to backing his plan?" I was merely doing the world a favor and noting how you like to move the goalposts and make things up, like you have a chance to beat me in baseball.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What is new and different in fact is this belief that the government should be the sole supplier of good works . .

Why does any one entity have to be the only way its done? Why can't they all work for the same goal. Under the same rules? Why don't your rules protect me, like you want them to protect you?
    Ryan sees your plans going down the drain ;the logical result of creating ponzi schemes and calling them entitlements. The Ryan plan attempts to save what is good in them , It is you who are stuck in 1930s and 1960s central planned solutions that have proven to be unsustainable failures .
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 8, 2012, 01:58 PM
    Contraceptives and abortion have enough legal precedence to protect them with the exception of forcing them against the religious believes of others.
    The real reason for the Borking of Bork was that he was a strict constitutionalists and believed in legal precedence and this went against those in congress looking to by votes with race based affirmative action policies that they feared he would find to be discriminatory.
    We under the current administration have seen more censorship, discrimination and dirty tricks than Ty Cob cleated second basemen
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 9, 2012, 01:05 AM
    This subject line started about taking away a woman's right to keep what she already has and to compel her in accepting something else she might not want. What I see is that contraceptives are a form of abortion. Contraceptives do not keep a woman or girl from becoming pregnant; it keeps a potential baby from developing and kills it. If a contraceptive fails then abortion is the next option or choose to have the baby. Ever since the push for the use of contraceptives due to the sexual revolution, there have been many more abortions, not less, probably because of the lack of proper use. Abstinence is still the best choice if love and moral values are worth the wait. Can you imagine a mass pile of fetuses and babies like the pictures of the holocaust victims…both an injustice.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 03:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstChair View Post
    This subject line started out about taking away a woman’s right to keep what she already has and to compel her in accepting something else she might not want. What I see is that contraceptives are a form of abortion. Contraceptives do not keep a woman or girl from becoming pregnant; it keeps a potential baby from developing and kills it. If a contraceptive fails then abortion is the next option or choose to have the baby. Ever since the push for the use of contraceptives due to the sexual revolution, there have been many more abortions, not less, probably because of the lack of proper use. Abstinence is still the best choice if love and moral values are worth the wait. Can you imagine a mass pile of fetuses and babies like the pictures of the holocaust victims…both an injustice.
    I don't to rain on your parade but there are many forms of contraceptive and not all abort a viable fetus. The use of contraceptives is to avoid the situation where abortion is considered. We would all like to be a paragon of self control but the reality is that since conception is not confined to marriage and people are unable to exercise self control contraception does avoid the social evil of abortion. If you want to avoid abortion then education is important and contraception a useful tool. Abstinence whilst desirable is not considered by those who lack certain moral instruction, it isn't even an option for most of those who do. Perhaps you don't understand how difficult abstinace is. It requires strong will and even stronger moral values
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 03:16 AM
    Can you imagine a mass pile of fetuses and babies like the pictures of the holocaust victims…both an injustice.
    We in the USA have already achieved Soviet and Chinese level genocide numbers ,surpassing the Germans years ago .

But ;not to worry... the Chinese have figured out a way to utilize those corpses .

Pills filled with powdered human baby flesh found by customs officials - Telegraph
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 03:44 AM
    Tell two young people who live together that they have to be abstinent. Let me know how that goes.

May 9, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I don't to rain on your parade but there are many forms of contraceptive and not all abort a viable fetus. The use of contraceptives is to avoid the situation where abortion is considered. We would all like to be a paragon of self control but the reality is that since conception is not confined to marriage and people are unable to exercise self control contraception does avoid the social evil of abortion. If you want to avoid abortion then education is important and contraception a useful tool. Abstinence whilst desirable is not considered by those who lack certain moral instruction, it isn't even an option for most of those who do. perhaps you don't understand how difficult abstinace is. it requires strong will and even stronger moral values
    This isn't a parade of entertainment, this isn't a passing amusement, it is serious life business. The very first abortion ever performed was too much and not enough, care enough, for the unborn victims. The point still is, contraceptives are a form of birth control aborting and I get it, the lesser of the two. They should be teaching self-control, abstinence, moral values in the classroom all four years of high school, not only sex education. They shouldn't have to, but evidently they're not being taught at home. A person can use self-control. I love everything about sex with a male partner, but I abstain as long as I am unmarried. Yes I've made mistakes off and on years ago too, but anything is possible and my desire is just as strong today. I believe many people today, especially the young, have not experienced self-actualization in feeling safe, at peace, accepted, loved, loving, and alive.

May 9, 2012, 05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    We in the USA have already achieved Soviet and Chinese level genocide numbers ,surpassing the Germans years ago .

But ;not to worry ....the Chinese have figured out a way to utilize those corpses .

Pills filled with powdered human baby flesh found by customs officials - Telegraph
    Yes, and I've heard US fast food places are allegedly using human embryonic kidney cells to enhance the flavors of their foods. What is this nation coming to... baby killers and now baby parts, eaters! That kind of borders on cannibalism.
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 05:08 AM
    Sorry but its unrealistic you will solve the ills of society by not making birth control accessible. Nor is it fair to say your moral value is any better than some one else's, and stuff happens. You make your choice, others make theirs. I mean working married women use contraceptives too. Even stay at home moms. Why discriminate?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 05:15 AM
    This isn't a parade of entertainment, this isn't a passing amusement, it is serious life business. The very first abortion ever performed was too much and not enough, care enough, for the unborn victims. The point still is, contraceptives are a form of birth control aborting and I get it, the lesser of the two. They should be teaching self-control, abstinence, moral values in the classroom all four years of high school, not only sex education. They shouldn't have to, but evidently they're not being taught at home. A person can use self-control. I love everything about sex with a male partner, but I abstain as long as I am unmarried. Yes I've made mistakes off and on years ago too, but anything is possible and my desire is just as strong today. I believe many people today, especially the young, have not experienced self-actualization in feeling safe, at peace, accepted, loved, loving, and alive.
    look let's get this out of the way, abortion is an evil and I don't agree that society, any society should allow it, but abstinance was taught for two thousand years and the only society that has any measure of success is the Muslim and that is because the death penalty is applied. Education today is a joke so forget teaching ethic and morals in schools, the teachers are not the most moral people in some cases. You and I both know that the loss of religious values has gone right along with the loss of moral values and no more so than in that nation that shouts separation of church and state
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Yes, and I've heard US fast food places are allegedly using human embryonic kidney cells to enhance the flavors of their foods. What is this nation coming to...baby killers and now baby parts, eaters! That kinda borders on cannibalism.
    It's the progression of "progress" . Based on the known facts (I think it was Pepsi using embryos as flavor enhancers... of course they have a fancy scientific name for it... (HEK-293) ) ; one could see what would happen if there was a breakthrough in embryonic stem cell research. Could harvesting babies for parts be far behind ? Funny thing was that midway through the last century the world presumably put an end to eugenics .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did the contraceptives not work at all? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old girl.I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 17th of March.Later I too Unwanted 72 pill on the evening of the 19th of March.A week later,I had protected sex with him yesterday i.e. 24th of March. Everything went fine until the condom ripped apart while he was inside me and...

Old foms of contraceptives [ 2 Answers ]

Well I did'nt know where to ask this question. I'm writing a compare and contrast paper on contraceptives from now and the old ones, I don't know if that made sense? But well if anyone knows and could help me? Thank you very much :)

Can my mom find out I got birth control contraceptives? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm cosigned with my mom on insurance, and it covered birth control contraceptives that I purchased. Will the insurance let my mom know this? Or is there a way that she could find out? Like does it impose an additional fee or anything? Thank in advance!

Middle School Contraceptives [ 33 Answers ]

Apparently a school in Maine is offering the middle school students the CHOICE to take birth control pills. The big issue though, is that it is without parental consent. What is your beliefs on this? I feel that it should be fine. The students are going to do it anyway, so the school is going...

Oral contraceptives [ 4 Answers ]

I use oral contraceptives 21days for 7months,one of my friend said her doctor said u should break body after use these tablet for 6months,means use pills for 6months,break for 6months & start after 6monthbreak again,can u help me.

View more questions Search