Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 06:29 AM
    The other side of the argument
    You don't often get to see the other side of the argument
    Australia headed for disaster: Monckton
    And ex this is the other side of the coin to your throwing garbage into the air argument which of course is garbage
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 04:02 PM
    Here's some more on the other side of the argument, The University of East Anglia you remember those of climategate fame has agreed to realise its data
    UK watchdog: University must share climate data
    This of course is not without some coaxing
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2011, 02:41 PM
    The UN has completed its study of what it will take for the entire world to go green - $76 trillion, or $1.9 trillion per year for 40 years.

Two years ago, U.N. researchers were claiming that it would cost “as much as $600 billion a year over the next decade” to go green. Now, a new U.N. report has more than tripled that number to $1.9 trillion per year for 40 years.

So let's do the math: That works out to a grand total of $76 trillion, over 40 years -- or more than five times the entire Gross Domestic Product of the United States ($14.66 trillion a year). It’s all part of a “technological overhaul” “on the scale of the first industrial revolution” called for in the annual report. Except that the U.N. will apparently control this next industrial revolution.

The new 251-page report with the benign sounding name of the “World Economic and Social Survey 2011” is rife with goodies calling for “a radically new economic strategy” and “global governance.”

Throw in possible national energy use caps and a massive redistribution of wealth and the survey is trying to remake the entire globe. The report has the imprimatur of the U.N. with the preface signed by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon – all part of the “goal of full decarbonization of the global energy system by 2050.”

Make no mistake, much of this has nothing to do with climate.

The press release for the report discusses the need “to achieve a decent living standard for people in developing countries, especially the 1.4 billion still living in extreme poverty, and the additional 2 billion people expected worldwide by 2050.” That sounds more like global redistribution of wealth than worrying about the earth’s thermostat.
    Ok, have at it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2011, 02:58 PM
    Make no mistake, much of this has nothing to do with climate.
    Actually that's correct, it has mostly to do with an expanding population growth and energy demands that are not sustainable. I urge people to read the actual PDF instead of taking Fox News' version of it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Actually that's correct, it has mostly to do with an expanding population growth and energy demands that are not sustainable. I urge people to read the actual PDF instead of taking Fox News' version of it.
    From what I had read. There is no problem sustaining nor keeping up with the growth. The outline is that it would as currently applied increase green house gases as the result of increased production.

What did you read ?

Ref:

Summary
    The recent food crises have revealed deep structural problems I ¨ n the global food system and
    The need to increase resources and foster innovation in agriculture so as to accelerate food
    Production. Food production will have to increase between 70 and 100 per cent by 2050 to feed
    A growing population. With current agricultural technology, practices and land-use patterns, this
    Cannot be achieved without further contributing to greenhouse gas emissions, water pollution
    And land degradation. The consequent environmental damage will undermine food productivity
    Growth.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2011, 05:34 AM
    The link which I provided.

So who is going to pay this $1.9 trillion per year and to whom?
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2011, 05:40 AM
    No one has to follow their research recommendations, you know that, it's a choice.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2011, 09:24 AM
    No one has to follow their research recommendations, you know that, it's a choice.
    I fail to see how that answered the question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2011, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    So who is going to pay this $1.9 trillion per year?
    Hello again, Steve:

Those dumb enough to follow the UN plan... But, those who follow the excon plan'll MAKE money.

excon
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2011, 11:12 AM
    I fail to see how that answered the question.
    Well that that's your failure.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 01:05 PM

That sounds more like global redistribution of wealth than worrying about the earth’s thermostat.
    Spreading resources and ideas and solving problems isn't redistibution of wealth, its working for the common good.

It's a complex problem. Spending trillions to benefit everyone, is a drop in the bucket as compared to fighting over dwindling resources with an ever expanding population.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 05:47 AM

Tal, spreading resources and ideas is fine, we've been doing that for quite some time and it's done little to change circumstances for poor countries but maintain power and lifestyle for the ruling class. Then we send UN peacekeepers into these troubled countries who rape and abuse the populace. I'm sure this UN plan will be just as useful as everything else they do, with the added benefit of throwing the rest of us back to the stone age.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2011, 06:00 AM
    I'm sure this UN plan will be just as useful as everything else they do, with the added benefit of throwing the rest of us back to the stone age.
    Exactly how does it throw the rest of us back to the stone age?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2011, 06:19 AM
    I'm sure this UN plan will be just as useful as everything else they do, with the added benefit of throwing the rest of us back to the stone age.
    Hello again, Steve:

And, THAT'S the reason why we MUST continue to throw our trash into the air..

Uhhh... By the way, you either think the UN is inept, or you think they can "throw us back to the stone age".. I didn't know you was afraid of them..

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    And, THAT'S the reason why we MUST continue to throw our trash into the air..
    Aren't you tired of that straw man? We've knocked it down over and over and yet you keep propping it back up.

Uhhh... By the way, you either think the UN is inept, or you think they can "throw us back to the stone age".. I didn't know you was afraid of them..
    Never said I was afraid of the UN, but wasn't it you that said something about "those dumb enough to follow" them?
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Aren't you tired of that straw man? We've knocked it down over and over and yet you keep propping it back up.
    How about explaining your "stone age" straw man?
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2011, 06:51 AM
    How about explaining your "stone age" straw man?
    Must I engage the sarcasm font for you, too?
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Must I engage the sarcasm font for you, too?
    I guess excon will have to do for you as well. :rolleyes: By the way it's not sarcasm what you did there, it's called hyperbole and does not lend well to civilised discussion.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2011, 07:59 AM

Do you have anything better to do than police the boards?
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Do you have anything better to do than police the boards?
    Quit whining. Geez...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another rift in the Climate Change ranks [ 11 Answers ]

It seems the idea that man can affect the outcome in dealing with climate change is rapidly coming apart, even the guy who started the idea of global warming says nothing will be achieved at Copenhagen because the approach is fundamentally flawed Global warming 'godfather' goes cold on...

Climate change causes political revolt [ 25 Answers ]

An impending vote on cap and trade legislation has caused a revolt in the Australian parliament which could spill leadership of the key opposition party as the government attempts to stitch up its position ahead of Copenhagen. Abbott to challenge Turnbull This revolt is led by climate change...

Climate change scam uncovered? [ 75 Answers ]

Someone has seemingly hacked emails from the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit that appear to show a conspiracy to hide data that doesn't fit the climate change rhetoric. And yes, the director of the unit has said the emails seem to be genuine. Some samples: Hiding and...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

Climate change 'crisis' clearing up [ 25 Answers ]

With a hat tip to Walter Williams for the heads up, from Senator James Inhofe's blog... As Williams points out this is nothing new - but it is getting clearer that behind this whole climate change 'crisis' is an agenda to be furthered at all cost, much like the left's obsession with...

View more questions Search