Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FUTURINGABDU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 06:01 AM
    About jesus
    Aselamu aleykum my quastion is acourding to holly quran allah takes jesus to him.but at that time his followers think that he was killed. And to correct their miss understanding allah tells us in the quran 'they are not killed him' what they r killed is not jesus but this message comes to us after about 500 years. What was the jesus followers should think & look is he is killed I think u understand my idea?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2011, 06:59 AM
    Christianity says that Jesus was nailed to a cross and died there, but his tomb was opened and he ascended to God after 3 days. Also that he was seen by one of his followers some time later.
    I can't quite understand what you are saying the Quran says. Do you mean that it says that someone else was killed, not Jesus?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2011, 06:56 AM

I guess that is the difference between your religion and Christianity. You can go to where Mohamed is berried, since he was a man. You can see where Jesus was berried, but his bones are not there. He was risen from the dead.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURINGABDU View Post
    Aselamu aleykum my quastion is acourding to holly quran allah takes jesus to him.but at that time his followers think that he was killed. And to correct their miss understanding allah tells us in the quran 'they are not killed him' what they r killed is not jesus but this message comes to us after about 500 years. What was the jesus followers should think & look is he is killed I think u understand my idea?
    The Quoran was written by someone who was not an eyewitness to the events of Jesus life. The Gospels of Matthew and John, injil I think you call it,
    Injil-Al-Mattius, and Injil-Al-Yohannah.
    were written by reliable eye witnesses therefore I take their witness as truth and what is written by Muhammud as fabrication. If this part of what Muhhamud wrote is not reliable how then can the rest of his writings hold together he has proven himself a false prophet

Think on this The Christians did not seek to change the Jewish Scriptures or correct them. Paul and other writers have explained Jesus in the context of those Scriptures. Muhhumud sought to rewrite what have been given
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Mar 9, 2011, 06:02 PM
    Comment on 450donn's post
    That's BURIED not berried
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 05:43 PM

Any you just had to post that to get your numbers up or what??
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Any you just had to post that to get your numbers up or what????
    You don't get your numbers up by answerring questions did you spot the deliberate mistake an invitation for the boy to demonstrate his lack of education
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
    To the OP. I have been wanting some Muslim to answer a question for me. Since Mohammed did say that Jesus (was) a prophet, then a prophet must have a message from God. Do you have any idea of what message from God that Jesus brought? Do you think that it might be a good idea to find that out?
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

May 14, 2011, 07:46 AM
    Hello,

Your English needs improvement,this way we can know if you are just uneducated in the english language or if you are trying to say the scriptural writing are a lie. As to Jesus Christ, he was killed so that any who believe in him, and practice in their daily life what he taught, might have the hope of living forever. The message Jesus taught is still being taught through the world. That message Jesus carried has not been killed, nor will mankind ever be able to kill it. I personally believe you are trying to belittle the Christians beliefs. Don't try that, instead, try to bring prove of what you claim as to be fact, then a peaceful discussion can take place.

Peace,

Hope12
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 14, 2011, 08:42 AM

In Islam, Jesus is considered to be a Messenger of God and the Messiah who was sent to guide the Children of Israel with a new scripture, the Gospel. To aid in his ministry to the Jewish people, Jesus was given the ability to perform miracles, all by the permission of God rather than of his own power. According to the popular opinion, Jesus was not crucified. However, the Qur'an speaks of Jesus' death in Sura Al Imran 3:54 in the original Arabic (tawaffa = Cause to die). See also Sura 5:117.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    Nay, Allah raised him up [brought him into heaven] unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
    —Qur'an sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158

According to some Muslim traditions, Jesus may have been replaced by someone who resembled him, or by one of the people that was about to crucify him; others suggest it may have been Simon of Cyrene, or one of the disciples such as Judas Iscariot. These theories, however, are not based on any textual evidences and are not found anywhere in the Qur'an. Only the fact that Jesus was ascended to heaven and that there was someone who had similar physical characteristics to Jesus was crucified instead.
    (from Wikipedia)
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2011, 03:23 PM
    If Muslims cannot agree with Christians about the central tenent of the Christian faith that Christ was crucufied even though they accept Jewish Scripture then there can be no agreement by Christians of their view of God. In fact the God that the Muslims speak of has few characterists in common with the God the Christians speak of. Christians are not asked to go to war for God, to kill others for God. Muslims deny the truth of Christ and in so doing deny the description of Christ in the Jewish Scriptures
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 14, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    If Muslims cannot agree with Christians about the central tenent of the Christian faith
    If Muslims did agree, they'd be called Christians.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2011, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If Muslims did agree, they'd be called Christians.
    Islam is a christian heresy anyway, Mudhutmad brought a mixture of Judaism, Christianity and paganism and called it Islam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is Jesus to you? [ 175 Answers ]

Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? No trick, just want to discuss...

Why jesus [ 31 Answers ]

Why christain people pray to jesus when there is the creator of jesus?

Jesus, Your Name [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Michael Oaks, I am 74 years young and need desperately to find the artists name to a contemporary Christian song that I heard around 1985 from my home in Grants Pass, Oregon. The station originated from Redding California. I have long since lost the tape; however I would love to know...

What Would Jesus Do? [ 11 Answers ]

An American Preacher once said to me (through the God Channel, Sky Channel 760) that, when I am faced with every day travails (such as which way up to have my eggs) I should ask myself “What Would Jesus Do?” You can imagine the difficulty this has now given me, having not read all of the bible,...

Jesus was. [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on the subject of the ethnicity and nationality of Jesus. One by one they offered their evidence: Jesus was... Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on the subject of the ethnicity and...

View more questions Search