Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Sorry, that's not how it works. I posted the evidence, it's up to you to refute it. And you can't.
    I'm telling you there is no evidence in the website you read. The guy writes up but he has no evidence to back it up.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I'm telling you there is no evidence in the website you read. The guy writes up but he has no evidence to back it up.
    Both sites are full of links to the evidence in their reports, you know how links work. The evidence is posted, you have no rebuttal, and I'm OK with that.
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:31 AM
    You obviously don't follow those links. Lol!
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
    You obviously don't follow those links. Lol!
    What are you, 12 years old?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 10:39 AM

Wow... have we degenerated into insults instead of discussion?
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 10:41 AM
    That seems to happen when I call them on some inaccuracies that they take as fact.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Wow...have we degenerated into insults instead of discussion?
    Sadly it's the norm.

I think everyone needs a time out, separate corners.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 10:58 AM
    That seems to happen when I call them on some inaccuracies that they take as fact.
    Strange how you accuse me of "making sh!t up," that I buy up incorrect information, that I'm "moving dangerously close to Glen Beck style of "opinionating" and that I base my opinions on "a pile of steaming crap," and I'm the one insulting you and have no answers? Only in your alternate reality...
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 11:01 AM
    The website you link to is the pile of crap not you. As you may know Beck posits his craziness by saying "his just asking questions here". I already explained that your website offers no backup to the ludicrous things it and you are offering as fact.
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 11:02 AM

Is it time to close down the thread before this gets out of hand or can we all play nice?

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a religious based discussion without name calling and childish behavior?

I'm sure we can do it. After all, we are all adults, nes pas? So let's act like adults.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 11:23 AM
    By his own admission and in his own book(One Teacher in Ten: Gay and Lesbian Educators Tell Their Stories) ;the "safe school czar " Kevin Jennings described an encounter he had with a student (originally it was a 15 year old ,but in later versions he changed the story to a 16 year old ) . The boy confided in Jennings, his teacher ,that he had gone home with a man the boy had met in a bus station rest room. Instead of using the story as a teachable moment to tell the boy about the dangers he was subjecting himself to ;so perhaps that behavior could be discouraged; Jennings told the boy "be sure to wear a condum" .

This is who we want as a 'safe school czar '?
    All the controversies surrounding this guy could've easily been revealed in some basic vetting . But as in other cases ;it appears that the Obots don't do due dilligence and they end up spending their time initially defending the appointee before ultimately throwing them under the bus.

Edit . I know some teachers .They have told me they are required by law to report potential abuse cases. I'd say the example above qualifies as one . Perhaps that is why he changed the story to a boy of 16 . That is the age of consent in Mass.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 12:03 PM
    The website you link to is the pile of crap not you.
    NK, that's not what I claimed. I was accurate in my assessment, you should read it again.

As you may know Beck posits his craziness by saying "his just asking questions here".
    For at least the 3rd time, I don't watch Beck.

I already explained that your website offers no backup to the ludicrous things it and you are offering as fact.
    Refute the links if you can, but simply repeating your claim doesn't make it any more true.
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 12:15 PM

Okay, obviously we can't play nice.

Mods, I think it's time to shut her down.

Twelve pages. Not bad for a religious discussion. Sad that we can't do better. :(
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 12:44 PM

Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ideal culture vs. Real culture [ 5 Answers ]

How does ideal culture differ from real culture in U.S. society from other countries?

Godless marriages [ 40 Answers ]

Today's gospel lesson... 2. And some Pharisees came up to Him, testing Him, and began to question Him whether it was lawful for a man to divorce a wife. 3. And He answered and said to them, "What did Moses command you?" 4. And they said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of...

What do you understand by the terms mainstream culture and counter culture in referen [ 1 Answers ]

What do you understand by the terms mainstream culture and counterculture in reference to the 1960s, was there one counter culture or were there may different counter cultures, what were the characteristics of the counter movements, was there a straightforward distinction between mainstream culture...

In a world of zero transportation costs, no trade barriers, and nontrivial difference [ 1 Answers ]

In a world of zero transportation costs, no trade barriers, and nontrivial differences between nations with regard to factor conditions, firms must expand internationally if they are to survive. Discuss.

Accounting Sales Price Variable Material Costs Fixed Monthly Costs [ 0 Answers ]

I have no clue where to begen with this, I could use some help! Its due on Friday night and the teacher as done nothing to help here. I'm totally lost. The individual portion of this assignment is for each person to produce his/her own solution to the following. Claire’s Antiques has fixed cost...

View more questions Search