Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mswift Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 03:53 AM
    Hiding password
    Since changing my password the new one is displayed on the opening screen. How do I hide this from view?
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 27, 2009, 04:55 AM
    Hello mswift

Difficult to say from your lines : what password, which software, when is it displayed ?

Mar 27, 2009, 05:35 AM
    The software I am running is Windows Vista and the password comes up on the welcome page when I start the computer up
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 27, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Hello mswift

Ok, but what software is this specific password for? Windows Vista? Anti-Virus? Something else? If so : what?

Mar 27, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Password is for Windows Vista
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 06:54 PM

Not specific to your question but is an alterenative that will prevent logon screen from coming up with your information

Windows Vista Home Premium:
    1. Make sure you are running an Administrative account.
    2. Click Start.
    3. In the Start Search box, type in control userpasswords2.
    4. Click Continue in the User Account Control prompt. (The UAC is excellent by the way, I love it!)
    5. Click on the Advanced tab.
    6. Check the box that is labelled "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete"
    7. If you wish, take a look at the other settings, but don't do anything that will annoy other users, compromise system security, or lock yourself out of your PC!
    8. Click OK when done.
    9. Restart your computer (or log off).

From now on, you will have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to the Welcome Screen to type your password in to log in.

Note that in both Windows XP and Windows Vista, this also affects when you Lock Computer/Switch User. You must press Ctrl+Alt+Delete in the Unlock Computer dialog also.
    Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hiding a Tattoo [ 8 Answers ]

This one is for all you tattooed people out there! I was wondering if anyone knew of a makeup that would cover up a tattoo? My fiancés parents are sort of conservative... LOL and needless to say they don't know about my body art. So... anything out there on the market that can hide my secret?...

Hiding saddness [ 12 Answers ]

This may sound a little like the how are you question, but when people ask me, "how are you," and I want them to know I am about to cry, but to shy to say iT, I don't know how to let them know. I say, "okay," they assume it's a good okay... And they will move on. I am shy, but want to learn to...

Is she hiding something [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend Raven have... or HAD a really close friend and all of a sudden she just started acting really different. I mean she doesn't really talk to us as much, she doesn't goof off with us anymore, she doesn't even laugh at anything funny we do. We really feel like she is hiding something...

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

8 months. Old cat, hiding [ 2 Answers ]

My family just purchased an 8 month old Maine Coon cat. He had been living in an apartment with 3 adults, his parents and 2 other cats. He now spends the day under my daughter's bed and at night when we're sleeping, eats and uses the litter box. He lets us pet him when he's under the bed and has...

View more questions Search