Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I think the question was "what's the good in calling Islamic terrorism "man-caused" disasters?"
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know what the good in calling it "Islamic terrorism" does either? I also don't expect you to understand what I just said.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Words do in fact matter, call it what it is and stop whitewashing it. No one whitewashes it when they complain to this day of Christian atrocities during the Crusades, or witch burnings or whatever injustice allegedly perpetrated by Christians. Muslim clerics all across Jihadistan don’t mince words about Jewish “apes and pigs.” I’ll be damned if I’m going to do nothing while history is revised and our children are re-educated so as not to offend Islamic terrorists so we can appease the very people who live for our destruction. It’s a monumental mistake to do things that will lead to the very complacency the left complains about to this day that allegedly existed in the Bush administration prior to 9/11. Does that mean we shouldn’t engage the Islamic community? No, but doing so while surrendering to the cold, hard, deadly facts of Islamic terrorism is beyond stupid. It is terrorism in the name of Islam and nothing else.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 07:40 AM
    More "words" that don't matter. Andrew Sullivan compared Bush interrogation techniques to the Gestapo.

The Gestapo's list of torture techniques that fit into their "enhanced interrogation program" - a torture regime designed to avoid too-obvious or incriminating physical scars...

Bush and Cheney were, in fact, more brutal in their "enhanced interrogation" than the Gestapo was. And note that I am not engaging in the slightest hyperbole here. I'm not saying that the US is Nazi Germany in any way. I am saying that the torture program used by Bush and Cheney follows exactly the specific methods used by the Gestapo. This is not in any historical dispute, although the irony of using the exact same phrase for the exact same methods is one reason the Bushies dropped the term.

No, there's not the "slightest hyperbole" in saying Bush was worse than the Gestapo and that it isn't in "any historical dispute" based on a Gestapo manual. Uh right, like the Gestapo followed the manual. I didn’t see electric shocks to the hands, feet, ears and genitalia or crushing a man's testicles in a vice and then off to the death chamber in the manual... or in the Red cross report.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 07:55 AM

Hello again, Steve:

I didn't say words don't matter. I said that labeling the particular form of terrorism that we're experiencing as "Islamic Terrorism", is mislabeling it. Plus, it doesn't do us any good to do so.

You should pay closer attention to the WORDS I use. I do.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Admittedly I'm not very good with cryptic language. All I find you've explicitly identified about "the particular form of terrorism that we're experiencing" is "it."

Whatever you're referring to I was referring specifically to what Napolitano was asked about... Islamic terrorism.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Latin traslation of the words "free spirit" [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get a tattoo of the words "free spirit" in Latin. Can someone help me find an accurate translation of those words?

What is the title with the words" I could leave but I won't go" [ 1 Answers ]

What is the title of the song with words in it that say I could leave but I won't go?

What country song has the words,"if it wasn't for the bullet,nobody fear the gun"in it [ 1 Answers ]

What country song has the words "if it wasnt for the bullet,nobody would fear the gun" in it?

What good words begin with the letter "k"? [ 18 Answers ]

I can only think of "kinetics".

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

View more questions Search