Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Same old same old Frank Rich type attack .

The crisis is at least as grave as the one that confronted us.... and, for a time, united us ... after 9/11. Which is why the antics among Republicans on Capitol Hill seem so surreal. These are the same politicians who only yesterday smeared the patriotism of any dissenters from Bush's “war on terror.” Where is their own patriotism now that economic terror is inflicting far more harm on their constituents than Saddam Hussein's nonexistent W.M.D.?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/01/op...1rich.html_r=2

He is really warped to compare the incineration of 3000 people and a decapitation attempt of the US economy and government by external enemies with an economic slump.

Dissent was patriotic when President Bush was in office. Now you have to be bipartisan. You have to stand up and be patriotic by paying your taxes according to Biden .But not Tom Daschel or the half dozen other tax cheats that have passed to confirmation process. It's OK if they cheat on their taxes . They are true patriots.

According to Michelle Obama everyone "must" sacrifice. "Barack Obama will require you to work. . Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."

I don't buy into the lefty orthodoxy .Therefore I am not patriotic and I'm uninvolved and uninformed. I am unwilling "to find meaning in something greater than [myself ] " if I I reject or don't show fealty to the expansive centralized power he proposes .

Yeah I get it . They couch it in different language but the meaning is the same . I' m not patriotic . I can take it from the source and not moan and complain when I receive their ad hominem .

Things I identify as unpatriotic is garbage like this .
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:06 AM

Steele will be smeared by the left as an Uncle Tom... just like Judge Thomas was and is .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But not Tom Daschel or the half dozen other tax cheats that have passed to confirmation process. It's ok if they cheat on their taxes . They are true patriots.
    Hello tom:

Daschel exhibits the worst attributes of a politician swilling at the public trough. He should NEVER be confirmed.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:45 AM

Boy do I agree with that ! His wife is one of the leading lobbyists on K street and was when he was Senate Majority leader also .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Steele will be smeared by the left as an Uncle Tom ....just like Judge Thomas was and is .
    Already begun.

You tube: Is RNC Chairman Michael Steele an 'UNCLE TOM'?

GOP Elects Uncle Tom Michael Steele as Chairman

Token negro. Uncle Tom, Aunt Jemima, house negro, oreo, sellout. This is Steele.

Posted By: keeping it real | February 02, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Uncle Ho Says:

Michael Steele, the NEW Uncle Tom.
    January 30th, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Shayne Says:

Anyhoo, Uncle Tom is going to send Uncle Cracker over the edge. FABULOUS!
    January 30th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

uncle tom is back er: Michael Steele (O,O,O)

And it just gets more disgusting from there.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Already begun.

You tube: Is RNC Chairman Michael Steele an 'UNCLE TOM'?

GOP Elects Uncle Tom Michael Steele as Chairman

Token negro. Uncle Tom, Aunt Jemima, house negro, oreo, sellout. This is Steele.

Posted By: keeping it real | February 02, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Uncle Ho Says:

Michael Steele, the NEW Uncle Tom.
    January 30th, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Shayne Says:

Anyhoo, Uncle Tom is going to send Uncle Cracker over the edge. FABULOUS!
    January 30th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

uncle tom is back er: Michael Steele (O,O,O)

And it just gets more disgusting from there.
    Anyone can find a YouTube video to confirm ANY idea they want. The rest of your links point to postings by anonymous people, not news/media reports.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Daschel exhibits the worst attributes of a politician swilling at the public trough. He should NEVER be confirmed.
    excon
    "President Barack Obama says he 'absolutely' stands by Tom Daschle's nomination for secretary of health and human services." Obama: "absolutely" standing by Daschle - International Herald Tribune

Welcome to the Committee of Apostates and Traitors.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Anyone can find a youtube video to confirm ANY idea they want. The rest of your links point to postings by anonymous people, not news/media reports.
    Um, tom said "Steele will be smeared by the left as an Uncle Tom... just like Judge Thomas was and is," not "news/media reports."

Are you saying these people aren't of "the left?" Are they really Republicans masquerading as liberals to smear the left? How about the Kossacks who began their smear show on Friday, are they not of "the left?"

It's amazing how you'll do anything to discredit and mock a conservative source and make excuses for liberal sources. But that's OK, I'll still keep you posted on who's saying what wretched things about Steele.

Being in Black Face, Judith Ellis on Huffington post

'You guys know that this dosen't work with just ANY black guy - right?' -Seth Myers on Saturday Night Live

And have fun reading the comments on Democratic Underground.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
    How about the Kossacks who began their smear show on Friday, are they not of "the left?"
    I'm not suree what a "kossack" is but that link does not mention "Uncle Tom".

Being in Black Face, Judith Ellis on Huffington post
    That link does not mention "Uncle Tom".

I don't link to comments by anyone. There is plenty of people with hatred out there, I don't feel like giving them any exposure. Have I ever linked to comments on websites?
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
    I'm not suree what a "kossack" is but that link does not mention "Uncle Tom".
    I like to include a 'diversity' of smears from the left, like this:

That link does not mention "Uncle Tom".
    So portraying Steele as being in "black face" and saying "this dosen't work with just ANY black guy" has no "Uncle Tom" connotations and is really a compliment.

I don't link to comments by anyone. There is plenty of people with hatred out there, I don't feel like giving them any exposure. Have I ever linked to comments on websites?
    Have I ever said you did? Whether you do is irrelevant. The fact is, Steele has been smeared by the left as an Uncle Tom and worse, is continuing to be smeared as an Uncle Tom or worse, and will be smeared as an Uncle Tom or worse, and your evasive maneuvers won't change that.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Have I ever said you did? Whether or not you do is irrelevant. The fact is, Steele has been smeared by the left as an Uncle Tom and worse, is continuing to be smeared as an Uncle Tom or worse, and will be smeared as an Uncle Tom or worse, and your evasive maneuvers won't change that.
    Sorry mate. I few posts by weirdos does not make it such.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Sorry mate. I few posts by weirdos does not make it such.
    Sorry mate, but I don't base such things on "a few weirdos." If you'd been paying attention you'd know the smears against Steele have transcended "a few weirdos."

It may be "mostly" a few weirdos so far in this cycle, but the news of his chairmanship is still young. But don't worry, I'll keep you posted.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 05:06 PM
    No one is referring to the far left, in the same way that there's no point in mentioning what the far right is doing - both are fanatics and fanatics are dangerous.
    Yep, and calling someone un-this or un-that was a way of controlling the majority through fear.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 2, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello wingers of all persuasions,

When the left didn't go along with the dufus about Iraq, Gitmo, or rendition and stuff, they were called traitors and UN patriotic....

So, why aren't the right wingers UN patriotic and traitors when THEY don't go along with Obama's recovery program, as NONE of them have???

Poor, poor Republicans. How come you're so one way?

excon
    Because we all know that the PORKULUS is a waste of money that we don't have.

It is unpatriotic to burden future generations with further debt and the increasing costs of medicare, medicaid, social security. The latter three, may be insolvent by the time us folks under 40, reach 65.

What do you think adding debt, does to the value of the dollar? Dollars the Treasury can print out of thin air. Think inflation, another tax that is regressive. Is this why you are so into gold? Obama is going to make the dollar worthless.

Speaking of being unpatrioitic didn't Biden say it was "patriotic?"

Biden links tax on wealthy to patriotism - The Boston Globe

Yet look who Obama hires:

A Tax Dodge or an Honest Mistake? - Room for Debate Blog - NYTimes.com

-----------------

I'm glad the Republicans took and made the free throw on this one. ;)

G&P
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 06:04 PM

Oh Inthebox from the Post I had gotten the impression that there was actually a plan submitted to improve the economny not merely pay off the interest groups and pork to the political party for getting the election.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Newly Pregnant. [ 1 Answers ]

I took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it came out positive. Is there anyway I could find out how many weeks I am without going to a doctor?

Newly Weds [ 1 Answers ]

"If you'll make the toast and pour the juice, sweetheart," said the newlywed bride, "breakfast will be ready." "Good, what are we having for breakfast," said the new husband. "Toast and juice," she replied. :p

Newly Certified [ 10 Answers ]

:D I don't usually toot my own horn, but I am so proud of myself I just had to say something. I passed the Wine and Spirit Education Trust Exam- Intermediate Level. Wipeee! Go me! Actually I took it with my mom... and we had a blast. I am so proud of myself... you would think that I got a masters...

Newly Wed.and nothing going on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I have been married for about 6 months now. That would be all well and good except that because of circumstances out of our control, we needed to move in with my parents for about a year. That has not been a big problem. They give us our space and respect our position and how...

View more questions Search