Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 27, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Who writes your questions? Love Biden II
    WFTV Biden Interview Followup: West Says No Regrets » Pirate’s Cove — Barracuda Patrol!

ACORN - duck and weave
    SPREAD THE WEALTH - duck and weave
    Marxism - duck and weave
    OBAMA TESTED - duck and weave

About time someone in the media asked the Obama campaign legitimate questions - actually quoting the candidates own words.

And their reaction - cancel Jill Biden's interview with that station.

In contrast :

McCain at Letterman
    www.kansascity.com | 10/22/2008 | McCain's appearance a big draw for Letterman
    Nielsen Media Research says 6.5 million viewers watched, nearly 3 million more than Letterman typically gets

Palin at SNL - high viewership
    ‘Saturday Night Live’ Viewers Like Real Sarah Palin Even Better Than Fake One -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine
    Even though she didn't say much, Sarah Palin brought along 14 million viewers to SNL on Saturday night. That's 47 percent higher than the season opener when Tina Fey debuted her dead-on impression of the Alaska governor
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Funny you bring this up.
    Orlando TV "Journalist" Barbara West's Husband is a GOP Media Consultant.
    She basically used GOP apeaking points as questions to Biden. But yet lobbed softballs at McCain: Video

Hey who was saying that the media is leftish? This is proof it isn't.
    Plus Biden handled himself well there, not letting her get away with it. Much better than Palin would have done, she evades most everything.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 09:14 AM
    LOL, one Florida TV station is "proof" the media isn't leftist? If your standard of proof was really that low you would have been calling Obama a lying weasel months ago.

This episode shows much about Obama and Biden, they don't want to answer tough questions and they have contempt for those who dare ask them. And if her husband was a GOP media consultant it shows they didn't do their homework.

Oct 27, 2008, 09:28 AM

The Obama campaign cannot take the heat of real questions:

Michelle Malkin » Document drop: Turning the tables again on Obama’s speech-squelching thugs

Obama’s attempt to bully TV stations airing the ad and stop scrutiny of his radical ties is part and parcel of a larger campaign to chill the free speech of conservative political activists and donors.

Obama to amend report on $800,000 in spending - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign paid more than $800,000 to an offshoot of the liberal Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now for services the Democrat's campaign says it mistakenly misrepresented in federal reports.

Questions on what Obama has actually said [ spreading the wealth ] and what he has done [ acorn ] can't be questions?
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    The Obama campaign cannot take the heat of real questions
    I guess they're going down then.

...what he has done [ acorn ] can't be questions?
    Biden answered the question. Pay attention and rewatch the video you posted.

Oct 27, 2008, 09:55 AM

" we have not paid them one single penny "

See post #4 - Biden is not telling the truth.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Questions on what Obama has actually said [ spreading the wealth ] and what he has done [ acorn ] can't be questions?
    No, they don't fit the story line. The Obama campaign is of course aligned with those who want to legislatively squelch free speech by restoring the "fairness doctrine" which Jeff Bingaman considers a "higher calling" than allowing people to exercise their constitutional right to free speech. These are after all the same people that threatened ABC's FCC license over “Path to 9/11,″ threatened "station managers not to air the NRA’s new anti-Obama “Hunter” ad if they want to stay in the FCC’s good graces" and sent an intimidating letter to a journalism student.

It's part of "the rules" of The One don't you know? Tom used to mention them often, things like He can’t be called a “liberal” (“the same names and labels they pin on everyone,” as Obama puts it); his toughness on the war on terror can’t be questioned (“attempts to play on our fears”); his extreme positions on social issues can’t be exposed (“the same efforts to distract us from the issues that affect our lives” and “turn us against each other”); and his Chicago background too is off-limits (“pouncing on every gaffe and association and fake controversy”).
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Biden answered the question. Pay attention and rewatch the video you posted.
    Yeah, he lied.
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
    LOL! Ok. <unsubscribing>
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 10:33 AM

Well, he did lie about it. What Obama means by spreading the wealth and social and economic justice is becoming clearer and clearer... and it ain't what Biden claimed it was.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 10:57 AM

Come on guys, we all know they both sides stretch things to their own advantage, that's what American political campaigns are all about.

Getting elected. This is no different than any presidential election I've ever seen, except tamer and under more scrutiny, due to technology.

Either way, there is a good chance of changes being made that benefit all Americans, and not just the ruling class.

For sure whomever your for, the other side is always wrong. Democrats and republicans, are the same as Christians and Muslims, no way can they ever be wrong. No matter they say the same things.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Newsmax points out another Biden slip in the interview. Obama's fightthesmears website states "Barack Obama Never Organized with ACORN." Biden said in the interview about a minute into it "He was its organizer." Which is it Senators?

In fact, this particular fightthesmears page says "Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992." And yet, Obama's own website announcement of ACORN"S endorsement reminds us "Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work."

No, there was no association between Obama and ACORN. Don't even believe Obama and Biden's own words about it.

Oct 27, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No, they don't fit the story line. The Obama campaign is of course aligned with those who want to legislatively squelch free speech by restoring the "fairness doctrine" which Jeff Bingaman considers a "higher calling" than allowing people to exercise their constitutional right to free speech. These are after all the same people that threatened ABC's FCC license over “Path to 9/11,″ threatened "station managers not to air the NRA's new anti-Obama “Hunter” ad if they want to stay in the FCC's good graces" and sent an intimidating letter to a journalism student.

It's part of "the rules" of The One don't you know? Tom used to mention them often, things like He can't be called a “liberal” (“the same names and labels they pin on everyone,” as Obama puts it); his toughness on the war on terror can't be questioned (“attempts to play on our fears”); his extreme positions on social issues can't be exposed (“the same efforts to distract us from the issues that affect our lives” and “turn us against each other”); and his Chicago background too is off-limits (“pouncing on every gaffe and association and fake controversy”).

I think it is beyond those on the left to see the hypocrisy in the Obama - Biden campaign.

They will boycott those that ask pertinent questions based on their own words and actions, and use the Justice Department to suppress free speech

Today in Investor's Business Daily stock analysis and business news

Could this be the beginnings of an Obama purge?

Is the USA Ready for an American Stalin?
    Check out the linked videos

In stark contrast, McCain still went on Letterman, Palin went on SNL, and President Bush has, rightly so, taken his share of criticism. Notice their mature freedom respecting responses.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:58 AM
    The more we learn about Obama the more I’m convinced he’s a liar, plain and simple. His fightthesmears website describes his relationship with former PLO operative Rashid Khalidi, who justified Palestinian terrorism as contributing to "political enlightenment" and buddy of Bill Ayers, as “one person who I know and who I’ve had a conversation with.”

Obama toasted Khalidi at his going away party when he moved from Chicago to New York. The LA Times reported on this bash:

It was a celebration of Palestinian culture -- a night of music, dancing and a dash of politics. Local Arab Americans were bidding farewell to Rashid Khalidi, an internationally known scholar, critic of Israel and advocate for Palestinian rights, who was leaving town for a job in New York.

A special tribute came from Khalidi's friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi's wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking.

His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been "consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases.. . It's for that reason that I'm hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation -- a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid's dinner table," but around "this entire world."
    The times article also reported that Khalidi held a fundraiser for Obama, and that Obama’s Woods Fund channeled money to Khalidi’s Arab American Action Network. And now, the LA Times has confirmed they have a videotape of the Khalidi bash and are refusing to release it.

Twenty years with his mentor Jeremiah Wright and he didn’t know he was a racist, a fan of the 60’s and didn’t know anything about his neighbor and friend and Bill Ayers, claims he was not an organizer for ACORN even though Biden said he was and his website tells us ACORN was right in the middle of his Project Vote, frequent dinner companion and benefactor of Khalidi who raised funds for his campaign – but he’s just a guy he “had a conversation with.”
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 10:33 AM

Chairman O doesn't even try to hide it anymore.

Note the change in OBama wear on his web site. All Obama merchandise now comes equipt with a single red star on it.

Barack Obama Signs, Barack Obama T Shirts, Barack Obama Stickers and More
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Actually his official shirts are here: Shop Barack Obama - Shirts

There is something wrong with that site you linked to, it becomes apparent once one navigates around it. I'm quite certain that site is not affiliated with the DNC.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Yup, I'm right. That web site is owned by Victory Enterprises. Here's a list of their clients: Victory Enterprises Clients

Nice try on bullsh*tting the people here Tom - you got caught once again.

Here's the CEO: http://www.victoryenterprises.com/about_us.htm
    Steve Grubbs, CEO
    800-670-5716 [email protected]
    Steve Grubbs is the founder and CEO of Victory Enterprises, Inc. Steve is a former Iowa state representative and Chairman of the Republican Party of Iowa. He graduated from the University of Iowa Business school as well as its law school. Steve has extensive experience in politics, both as a candidate and in the management of campaigns.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 11:00 AM

Thanks ,indeed the site sells Democrat merchandize but links to the DNC.

Obama should put a stop to their activities then as they most likely violated some copyright provisions .
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I think it was deliberate on your part to attempt to mislead.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 01:32 PM

Believe what you wish .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

God bless Joe Biden [ 34 Answers ]

You got to love the guy for speaking his mind... If he's so brilliant and so prepared, why is Biden already begging for help? Why is he already predicting low poll numbers? This is the guy that "has it" and this is his running mate? Reportedly Biden added, “I probably shouldn’t have said...

Obama vs. Biden [ 3 Answers ]

You've had your chuckles over Palin, this is the alternative... LvZpp9QJRME

Broker writes up his own right to purchase [ 1 Answers ]

A neighbor befriends elderly gentleman in severe financial distress due to (voluntary) relationship with conmen. The neighbor, who is a realtor/broker, gets confidence of the elderly person, writes up a revocation of power of attorney (of the person the elder has trusted for 40 years - and who, by...

Best Friend Writes Me Off [ 10 Answers ]

My best friend of over 10 yrs abruptly stopped talking to me about a month ago now. The worst part is that I don't even know what I did. I have left multiple voice messages, texts, and emails. I think I deserve at least an explanation. My ex roommate is very manipulative & deceitful. I know she...

Boyfriend calls/writes rarely [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a long distance relationship, I'm 21 and he's 25. We've been together for 4 years and talk a lot about getting married and living together after I graduate. The problem is that he contacts me less often then I'd wish to. Very often he doesn't respond to my emails for a couple days, even up...

View more questions Search