Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TOYSTORYROMANCE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Newly Pregnant.
    I took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it came out positive. Is there anyway I could find out how many weeks I am without going to a doctor?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 11:50 AM
    You can get a rough idea if your periods are regular. There are two ways of determining how far along you are... gestational age and fertilizational age. Gestational age goes from the first day of your last period... counting forward 40 weeks... you may not actually be pregnant the first couple of weeks or so... this is why you have a 2 week (although some now give a 3 week) window before a due date and 2 weeks after a due date as a normal time to deliver. Due date would roughly be counting back 3 months from the first day of your last period and then subtracted 7 days. Fertilizational age counts from when you actually conceived... this one gets a bit more trickly unless you know when you likely ovulated.
    Given all of that, you really should go to the doctor to start on your prenatal care... they can do an internal exam to get a rough idea from what your cervix feels like, and later a scan will give an indication from measurements that are taken. OR visit a health clinic, or planned parenthood if you need discussion about your options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Newly Weds [ 1 Answers ]

"If you'll make the toast and pour the juice, sweetheart," said the newlywed bride, "breakfast will be ready." "Good, what are we having for breakfast," said the new husband. "Toast and juice," she replied. :p

Newly Certified [ 10 Answers ]

:D I don't usually toot my own horn, but I am so proud of myself I just had to say something. I passed the Wine and Spirit Education Trust Exam- Intermediate Level. Wipeee! Go me! Actually I took it with my mom... and we had a blast. I am so proud of myself... you would think that I got a masters...

Newly Wed.and nothing going on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I have been married for about 6 months now. That would be all well and good except that because of circumstances out of our control, we needed to move in with my parents for about a year. That has not been a big problem. They give us our space and respect our position and how...

View more questions Search