Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robertsbambi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Can spider bites make dogs loose bladder control?
    We recently moved to Idaho with our Old English Sheepdog ( Arthur ) we have seen black widow and wolf spiders around the outside of the house and had them sprayed but Arthur has become lethargic and last night and this morning has wet himself. This has never happened before, could he have been bitten?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 8, 2008, 07:14 AM
    How long ago did you spray, maybe he got into some of the poison rather than a bite. Is he licking any spots that may be a bite? You should take him to the vet to get him checked out.
    Robertsbambi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 07:31 AM
    It was only around the peramiter of the house and we left for three hours after they sprayed. He has not been licking any particular place on his body so now since he wet himself I cannot tell because his fur is wet. He doesn't want to eat anything and he always eats his treats. He has just started eating ice cubes again.
    keligrn Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
    I would take him to a vet. That spray lasts for more than three hours. I would get a MSDS sheet from the person that sprayed. It is a sheet that lists the toxins, reactions and treatments for the chemical they used, they will know what it is and I would bring that sheet with your dog to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Sit Ups Make It Harder To Loose Weight? [ 3 Answers ]

Does Sit Ups Make It Harder To Loose Weight? I've Been Told That It's Harder To Loose Weight When You HAve Muscles Because Of Something I Don't Remember xD But Is That True? For Example If I Do Sit Ups To Get Rid Of My Tummy Will That Actually Help Or Just Give Me Muscles On My Stomach Along With...

Does the Bender Ball make you to loose weight and get in-shape? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the bender ball makes you loose weight? Or does it just tone what you have?

Spider Bites! [ 1 Answers ]

I have received about 23 bites on my body, where clothing covers, in the last 2 weeks! I think that we might have caught the colpret... but I am not sure, if you could let me know what kind of spider this is it would be fabulous! It has a beige splatter on the bottom of the abdomin... and it's long...

Re-Occurring Spider Bites [ 2 Answers ]

I was bitten in the left foot by a spider 15 years ago. I watched the poison work it's way up my leg to the knee. And my leg was numb for 3 hours. Later I noticed that it had killed A small ring of pigmentation around the bite. Anyway, I have been bitten at least 4 times A year since the...

8 mo. Beagle mix and bladder control problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have and 8mo. Beagle mix. I got her from adopt-a-pet when she was about 6mo. She has been up and down with the potty training, but pretty much gets it as long as I keep her on her sched. I am going to try training to go to the door when she has to go out. She is a smart dog and picks things up...

View more questions Search