Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kade07 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Dates & symptoms should I re take test? Or am I being silly?
    Hi Everyone, Ive been searching these help sites all week and think maybe I should leave a post for some advice.

I had unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend for a good 11days. Which I have never ever done before.
    After worrying and assuming I would fall pregnant.. I came on my period on the 17th of this month (which was my actual due date bang on schedule and also 7 days after last had uprotected sex)
    I wondered about pregnancy due to a few symptoms I was having. Then when my period came relised it was just PMT!

BUT my period lasted only 3 days or 3 and half. Im usually on for 7 even 8 days and often have a heavy period. I have only ever had 1 other period that lasted 4days and that was years ago.

The period was also much lighter than usual.
    So on the 14th, 4days after the last date of unprotected sex... and then again a few days after I had my period I did a home pregnancy test and both came back NEGATIVE.

But for some reason I am still unsure due to the fact of the short period and also on and off symptoms such as saliva in mouth as if I have indigestion, sick feeling and a lot of gas in stomach. (hmm it does sound like average gas etc)

I am suffering this nausea sensation mainly at night time or early evening but not enough to make me sick.
    Had a few more headaches than usual, urinating more than usual. But my breast are 'not' swollen now, after period they went down as usual, I have no veins on breast. I have had bad cramps and I also have had constipation, these symptoms are on and off and I am extremely confused!
    Also previous to having period I had light headedness.

If there is a chance of pregnancy, conception happened between the 1st and the 10th of August? SO I WAS WONDERING WAS IT TOO EARLY TO TAKE THE H.P TESTS?

And when do I re do them, am I being paranoid and becoming too concios of symptoms that are probably always there? PLEASE HELP ADVISE NEEDED
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Sometimes our periods are a little off. I would say that you are nt pregnant and are just psyching yourself out, but there is always the possibility... I would wait and see if the next period comes, and if not, go to your doctor and request a blood test. Good lcuk.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Periods are often a bit irregular which is normal. Since you had a period and two negative pregnancy test your probably not pregnant. The symptoms you were experiencing were probably pre-menstrual, especially since you breast soreness went away after you stopped bleeding. The symptoms you are experiencing now could be due to illness, what your eating, not drinking enough, or just simply being paranoid about pregnancy. If you still feel like your pregnant, take another test in about 14 days. I don't think that you are though... good luck!
    NikkiT456 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kade07
    Hi Everyone, Ive been searching these help sites all week and think maybe i should leave a post for some help.

I came on my period on the 17th of this month (my actual due date bang on schedule)
    I had suspected pregnancy due to a few symptoms I was having But when period came relised it was just PMT. BUT my period lasted only 3 days or 3 and half. Im usually on for 7 even 8 days and often have a very heavy period. I have only ever had 2 other periods that lasted 4days and that was years ago.

This was a little lighter than usual. On the 14th of this month and a few days after my period i did a home pregnancy test and both came back NEGATIVE.

But for some reason I am still unsure due to the fact of the short period and also on and off symptoms such as saliva in mouth as if i have indigestion, sick feeling and alot of gas in stomach.

Also previous to having period had light headed ness. I am suffering this nausea sensation mainly at night time or early evening. Had a few more headaches than usual, But my breast are not swollen now after period they went down as usual, i have no veins on breast. I have had cramps and I also have had constipation, these symptoms are on and off and i am extremely confused!

If there is a chance of pregnancy conception happened between the 1st and the 10th of this month? SO WAS IT TOO EARLY TO TAKE THE H.P TESTS?? and when do i re do them, am i being paranoid and becoming too concios of symptoms that are probably always there?? PLEASE HELP ADVISE NEEDED
    There are many reasons your period is being irregular... including but not limited to... diet, stress, weight loss, weight gain, exercise, etc. If I were you I'd definitely wait until the next period comes around. If your not using any kind of birth control, your periods can be all over the place. I play sports almost year round and don't get my period for the majority of the year. Calm down. You're just working yourself up. If two have come out negative you're probably in the clear. But remember, there is never a false positive test whether it costs a $1 or $100 if its positive you'll know.
    P.S. I also have two children and you can still have your period while your pregnant.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiT456
    there is never a false positive test
    This tidbit of information is totally incorrect and inaccurate.

There are many reasons for a false positive. Certain medications can cause a false positive.

Phenergan, taken for nausea/vomiting, for one, can indeed cause a false positive.
    kade07 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Hi everyone, thanks for the advise, I feel a bit silly now for posting. I guess I've been over thinking!

Thanks though, much appreciated :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three negative pregnancy tests, no period in 5 months [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month...

Three negative pregnancy tests, no period for five months [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month...

No period in five months, three negative pregnancy tests [ 3 Answers ]

4 negative pregnancy tests but still no period [ 7 Answers ]

My period was due on April 10th and on that day I took a test and it was negative.since then I've taken 3 more and they all were negative but I'm having no symptoms for my period to come which I usually do and I'm having the symptoms of being pregnant me and my boyfriend have been having...

No period, negative home pregnancy tests but am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light as I am a little confused. I stopped taking the pill 5 weeks ago. My period is always a 28 day cycle. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex and for the past 2 weeks I have been overly tired, some cramping, some nausea and bloated. ...

View more questions Search