Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubbles93000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Parental rights
    I have custody of my 2 year old nephew and both of his parents are in prison. The mother is going to be getting out in about a year and is going to go back for custody of him. Is there any laws that tell you how to have both of their parental rights taken away. They never took care of him when they had him, that's how I got him in the first place. If you have any help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 07:22 AM
    You will have to prove in court that both parents are unfit. This is very hard, if they get out of prison and try to show they are going to be a good parent, it is very likely they will get custody back.

You need to be working with a family attorney and CPS ( children and protective services ** or what they are called in your area) now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: How do I give up my parental rights in ca... And dose that mean that child support stops

Parental Rights [ 6 Answers ]

If a woman is married and has an affair that results in a child, I realize that by law the husband is presumed to be the father unless a paternity test proves otherwise. However, can the biological father come in a year or two down the road and insist on a paternity test, visitation, etc. I...

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I know that this question is asked many times over in different situations. My daughter is 17 weeks pregnant. Her and her husband have never lived together. He has decided that he now wants a divorce and does not want to have anything to do with the child. His grandparents have hired an...

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a way to get the parental rights removed from an absent parent. I live in Arizona and my ex is somewhere in Michigan, I think. He has pretty much abandoned our son over the last 9 years. I am remarried and my husband would like to adopt him.

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am in ny I want to sing over my parental rights?

View more questions Search