Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandie8627 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Pregnant need help figuring out who the father is
    Hi may 24 I got an ultrasound and was told I was 3 months and a week pregnant the problem is I had se with my boyfriend the first two weeks of February the 13th I got my period the 18th I had sex with someone else can u please help me figure out who the father is?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 28, 2012, 11:35 AM
    Nope. The only way to tell is a paternity test done after the child is born.

May 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Nope. the only way to tell is a paternity test done after the child is born.
    No it didn't help I know I have to take a paternity test I just wanted to know with the time frame who is looking more like the father.

May 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
    Whether an answer is helpful or not isn't dependent on whether you like the answer but how accurate it is. You asked if we can help you determine who the father is, the answer is that we can't. When conception occurred is hard to pin down exactly Given the time frame you cite there is no way to tell when you conceived or which partner is more likely to be the father.

I'm sorry if you don't like that answer, but it's the best we can give.

May 28, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Whether an answer is helpful or not isn't dependent on whether you like the answer but how accurate it is. You asked if we can help you determine who the father is, the answer is that we can't. When conception occurred is hard to pin down exactly Given the time frame you cite there is no way to tell when you conceived or which partner is more likely to be the father.

I'm sorry if you don't like that answer, but its the best we can give.
    May I ask you don't think it might be to soon to be pregnant by the guy I had sex with on feb 18th ? I went for the ultra sound on may 24th and was told I'm 3 months and a week . Do u think its possible? It seems kind of to soon

May 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
    I'm afraid not. Ask your OB/Gyn how much leeway their estimation of how far along you are. Has. Three months takes you back to the middle of Feb. If you want to hear that it is more likely you conceived in the beginning of Feb, I can say that. The problem is that you had your period after that sex. That might have flushed all your boyfriend's sperm out of your system. So there is just no way to be sure until you do a paternity test.

May 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
    I'm afraid not. Ask your OB/Gyn how much leeway their estimation of how far along you are. has. Three months takes you back to the middle of Feb. If you want to hear that it is more likely you conceived in the beginning of Feb, I can say that. The problem is that you had your period after that sex. That might have flushed all your boyfriend's sperm out of your system. So there is just no way to be sure until you do a paternity test.
    Yea that can be possible but going back a few years ago I was two months pregnant and the first month I had a regular period just like this the only difference was there was only one guy I had sex with therefore knew he was for sure the father. So this has happened to me before.

May 28, 2012, 01:48 PM
    I can understand that. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer. But I can't

May 28, 2012, 02:10 PM
    I can understand that. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer. But I can't
    Yea I know you can't but thanks for your feedback.
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Hi Mandie8627,

Perhaps I can help you figure out the closest possibility of who the father is, if you can remember a certain time activity... I'll try sweetie.

Based on your period cycle starting on February 18th, whoever you had sex with between March 3rd and March 12th is most likely the father. If you had sex with more than one partner during this time it would be near impossible to determine paternal responsibility, until the baby is born. Not knowing your cycle period or ovulation cycle it is not precise, but close. According to calculations, March 12 would have been when you most likely conceived. I hope this helps you in coming to terms with your situation and no matter who the father is, please take care of you and your developing baby. Best wishes for a healthy baby and the mother you are coming to be to this child.

This is a calculation from the information you gave:

Today's Date: 05/28/2012 14 Weeks 1 Days
    Ovulation: OD 03/03/2012 2 Weeks 0 Days
    Implantation: 03/12/2012 3 Weeks 2 Days

2nd Trimester Begins: 05/22/2012 13 Weeks 3 Days
    Fetal Movements: 07/07/2012 20 Weeks 0 Days
    Pregnancy Viable: 08/04/2012 24 Weeks 0 Days

3rd Trimester Begins: 08/24/2012 26 Weeks 6 Days
    Term Pregnancy Begins: 11/03/2012 37 Weeks
    Due Date: 11/24/2012 40 Weeks 0 Days

May 28, 2012, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstChair View Post
    Hi Mandie8627,
    According to calculations, March 12 would have been when you most likely conceived.
    Where do these calculations come from and what is their level of accuracy?

As far as I know, calculating conception dates is an inexact science and any such calculation can be off by weeks. The OP was already told her boyfriend is more likely to be the father, but there is no guarantee. It doesn't really help anyone to offer a calculation without qualifying its accuracy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant... who's the father? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are so excited. We are having a boy! The month that I conceived my child, I was a mess, my marriage was shaky. My week of ovulation was November 12-17ish. I had many nights of unprotected sex that week. As I said I was a mess, I also sex with another...

Pregnant don't know who's the father [ 8 Answers ]

I just found out I'm pregnant my lmp was on 11/14/08 I had a one night stand on 11/23 with out protection and then I had sex with my husband on 11/24-11/30 and so on can my baby's father be the onenight stand or is it more possible that is my husbands help please don't know what to do ?

What to do? I'm pregnant and the father is going away [ 1 Answers ]

I am 7 months pregnant and all of the sudden the father of the baby is deciding to go overseas as a civilian and work in Iraq. I don't want to raise this baby all by myself. Should I stay with him and wait a year until he comes back? Or should I move on and find someone else to be with that will...

15 and pregnant and father is being a jerk [ 2 Answers ]

My 15 yr old daughter and her now ex-boyfriend who is also 15 yrs old are expecting a child,my daughter is 4 months pregnant now.They had been dating for 10 months and out of the blue he breaks up with her,this is a sweet kid and this threw me for a loop. My daughter of course has a broken heart...

Pregnant - should I tell the father [ 4 Answers ]

This is more personal question, but I really don't know what to do for the best. I just discovered that I am about three weeks pregnant. The problem is this: my long term partner is in another country where he will be for at least a year. We agreed (because he wanted this) that we should see other...

View more questions Search