Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandds Posts: 13, Reputation: -4

May 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
    What to do with female best friend?
    I am a guy with a female best friend for over 8 years. She has 4 relatively young kids. Without getting into extreme detail we love each other deeply, she is just not attracted to me. I certainly could be attracted to her. We are like inseparable family and that includes her entire family. My family does not like her. I have been with her through a failed marriage and now a live-in who is like her domestic slave. I feel sorry for him. Not long ago she bragged to him about what a great time we will be having on our beach vacation in a few weeks. He will be the babysitter. I could feel his hurt. Our relationship is platonic but I think she is getting ideas to change that. This has been my sense for a while. I could get into her on that level but we have been together so long as friends that I do not want to change it. We are very close. I do not want to risk that. On a practical level she is not the one for me. In another life she definitely would have been. We both know that. I do not know how long I can keep myself from completely falling for her. We are definitely right for each other but our life circumstances are not right for us to do well. Can we be reborn and start over again? The situation is driving me crazy. I know the smart thing and I know what I feel. I could not function without her in my life. I sense that she just might have similar problems. What should we do?
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 27, 2012, 02:33 AM
    Way too many RED FLAGS you need to walk away... NO... You need to RUN AWAY! SPLIT!

21>>> RED FLAG REASONS

1. A history of 8 years and no marriage already, no sex.
    2. She has 4 young children and none are YOURS.
    3. You love each other deeply, but it is platonic only. Huh?
    4. She is NOT attracted to YOU.
    5. You are not her family, you are a friend and she is your..
    6. Your family does not like her. Listen to YOUR family.
    7. She has had one failed marriage, Oops, she didn't choose you.
    8. She has a domestic live-in…Oops, she didn't choose you again.
    9. You very well could become her second domestic slave.
    10. You feel sorry for her live-in…you should start feeling sorry for yourself.
    11. She will be on a beach with someone else and you will be babysitting, HER kids!
    12. You could feel his hurt... remember his face; it's a future reflection of YOU.
    13. Oh No!. Number 13! She's getting ideas to pull you into her Web... Oh... I meant Bed!
    14. “On a practical level she is not the one for me.” Well all right, end of subject.
    15. You don't want to risk the friendship if you become lovers. Huh?
    16. While you are falling for her…what will she be doing? Just asking.
    17. Our life circumstances are not right for us to do well. Well all right, end of subject, again.
    18. The situation is driving me crazy. You mean you're not already?!
    19. What you are feeling is NOT SMART!
    20. I could not function without her in my life. You are NOT functioning now.
    21. What to do…since you can't split the sheets…maybe you could just SPLIT out the door!

Epilogue:
    Not in this lifetime darlin'
    The stars are not in align
    Hold on to your manly
    Go be with Your family!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 27, 2012, 06:21 AM
    She is looking for a port in a storm - for the moment it's you.

You are best friends with a woman who treats other people this badly?

I do notice you have posted you are a Sheik so I am assuming this is not in the US - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...ml#post3129455
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 27, 2012, 07:54 AM
    She does not sound like a very pleasant person. As poorly as she treats her current man, why would you even entertain thoughts of her.
    I think you ought to at least show her man some respect by not spending so much time with her. That is just rude.
    dandds Posts: 13, Reputation: -4

May 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    She is looking for a port in a storm - for the moment it's you.

You are best friends with a woman who treats other people this badly?

I do notice you have posted you are a Sheik so I am assuming this is not in the US - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...ml#post3129455
    Why are you assuming that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband's Female Friend [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This is my first post here and I would appreciate some insight. My husband and I have been together for close to 14 years. For the most part we have a wonderful healthy and loving relationship. All except for one point. His female friend. They started as co-workers sharing an...

Sex with female best friend [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 20 year old male, and I have the greatest friend I could ever ask for. We talked about having sex before, but we're both afraid it will ruin our friendship.. We've known each other for about 2 years, and about half a year ago, we started a "friends with benefits" relationship. One...

I want to have sex with a female friend of mine who is also friend to my wife [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with a female friend of mine who is also my wife's friend.I want to have sex with my friend.She also likes me to some extent but as a friend only.She tells she cannot have sex with me but at the same time gives signals to have some intimate relationship.she gives mixed reaction.what...

Asking out my female best friend (already done/review) [ 3 Answers ]

I have known her for 4 years and I know her parents and I'm a friend with her brother. I asked her out about two months ago. She said yes then three days later she said no because I have been friend with so long and it was awkward. So where did I go wrong? And can I still be her boyfriend? Or...

My husband has a female friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I am very new to all of this and will soon be celebrating my first anniversary. I have recently learned that my husband has a female coworker that he converses with a lot more than I knew. He told me that it all started when I went into a depression after tearing my acl at work and that he...

View more questions Search