Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

May 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
    How can I stop cutting without therapy?
    How? I mean, I don't have access to resources enough to pay for therapy, and I sure as hell won't tell my parents I'm cutting. What the heck do I do! I mean, it's a great stress reliever, but I know it's wrong... :(
    florecita12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaino View Post
    I mean, it's a great stress reliever, but I know it's wrong... :(
    Do you know the reason why you cut yourself? I used to cut myself because I felt that I had been the cause of my stepdad having a heart attack (we moved countries when I was little and I wanted to move back home, so I thought the stress of it all had been the cause). I cut myself because I felt guilty and that I deserved it. It was only when I came to terms with the fact that it wasn't my fault and actually most probably due to genetics rather than stress that I was able to stop and I've never done it again. But I've never told my parents either. I think you need to deal with the underlying cause of it in order to stop.
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
    Stop doing to yourself what others have done to you. Start loving yourself... be kind to yourself... and protect your body, it is a gift from God capable of creating wonderful experiences, talents, dreams, babies. You are a beautiful soul with an emotional heart, an intelligent mind, a gifted body and an infinite spirit. It is a choice to love others and to forgive them. It is also a choice to love who you are and to forgive yourself as well. Make a promise to express your emotions with serenity…protect your body from all harm…replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts & affirmations…and know that the essence of who you are is a spirit that was created in a heavenly place eons ago…because you are loved.
    Bubzybabygirl45 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Try finding other ways to cope, painting drawing music exercise works particularly well as it works the same way as cutting does by getting your endorphins high. Stay away from sharp objects and if you do not want to throw your cutting tool away put it somewhere that takes time to get to and wrap it up tightly in a box (thats what I did) so it will take longer to get to. Know you are NOT alone and people love you I do I LOVE YOU! Even though I don't know you please don't cut. I know it's a struggle try seeing a school counsellor they will keep it confidential and help you... I'm 12 and I cut so I know :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 24, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubzybabygirl45 View Post
    Try finding other ways to cope, painting drawing music exercise works particularly well as it works the same way as cutting does by getting your endorphins high. Stay away from sharp objects and if u do not want to throw your cutting tool away put it somewhere that takes time to get to and wrap it up tightly in a box (thats wat i did) so it will take longer to get to. know you are NOT alone and people love you i do I LOVE YOU! even though i dont know you please dont cut. I know its a struggle try seeing a school counsellor they will keep it confidential and help you..... im 12 and i cut so i know :)
    I really don't feel comfortable with you giving any advice on this site considering your many issues, the least of which is wanting to get pregnant because you think a baby will solve your depression issues.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Oct 19, 2012, 10:12 PM
    I never understood why people would cut themselves to relief stress.
    Is it really that hard to relief stress?
    Ever tried walking or exercising?
    Meditation?
    Lighting candles?

I don't smoke ,but if its legal were your from marijuana can do magic as far as stress relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop cutting? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm Court... and I'm bipolar and borderline plus dyslexic and way more. I've been cutting since I was 12 the cause of my cutting was through bullying. I felt miserable and depressed, Even though I'm surround by popularity I can't seem to fit in and feel confident. I've always this dream to...

How to stop cutting and get out of this stage of depression and stuff? [ 3 Answers ]

So I'm 17 and been cutting for about 3 years. I live with a bipolar mom who doesn't do anything except tell me what I'm doing wrong and stuff. I have been abused emotionaly and physicly and kind of would say raped but it was consential but persuasive. My friends think I have bipolar and stuff. I...

Can you start therapy with a therapist when therapy has been terminated by them [ 1 Answers ]

I was in therapy with a therapist until today when she terminated therapy because she cannot trust me and so I am wondering does anyone know once I work on that stuff can I come back to this therapist or not she did not make that clear and I need to know. Thank you, Angela Sorenson

My frind stop cutting or other ways then cutting [ 3 Answers ]

My closest friend cutts because she was verbally, physically, and sexually abused. But I don't know how to help and its hurts me that she feels that she needs to cut her self to hind the pain. She tried killing herself 3 times and stopped cutting for 1 month but couldn't take it anymore

Resentlytried to stop cutting myself [ 34 Answers ]

As my title said I have tried resently to stop cutting myself, but I have urges and thougts about doing it and feels horrible! I don't know what to do, and I'm scared. Please give me advice.

View more questions Search