Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 05:57 AM
    The newly unpatriotic
    Hello wingers of all persuasions,

When the left didn't go along with the dufus about Iraq, Gitmo, or rendition and stuff, they were called traitors and UN patriotic...

So, why aren't the right wingers UN patriotic and traitors when THEY don't go along with Obama's recovery program, as NONE of them have??

Poor, poor Republicans. How come you're so one way?

excon
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Feb 1, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Excellent point !
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Hello sarnian:

Where is their own patriotism now that economic terror is inflicting far more harm on the country than Saddam Hussein's nonexistent W.M.D.?

You know, I've mentioned several times here on these pages, that the reason the left doesn't accuse the right of UN patriotic behavior, is because the left wingers are MUCH better people than the righty's are.

They're better looking too.

excon
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello wingers of all persuasions,

When the left didn't go along with the dufus about Iraq, Gitmo, or rendition and stuff, they were called traitors and UN patriotic....

So, why aren't the right wingers UN patriotic and traitors when THEY don't go along with Obama's recovery program, as NONE of them have???

Poor, poor Republicans. How come you're so one way?

excon
    Why??
    Because it is probably the dumbest of the dumbest ideal to come out of the infertile minds of the far left in the last 50 years that's why!
    This is like letting the foxes guard the chicken coop. Why in the world would you want to give a trillion dollars to a bunch of people that have8% approval rating and less than zero chance of actually doing the right thing for the country. This is all about politics and paybacks at the taxpayers expense. But this is like talking to a brick wall, because Excon you and 53.8% of the people in America simply don't get it!
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Hello again, 450:

Try to focus. That wasn't the question I asked.

The Democrats didn't like the Bush doctrine any more than you like the economy recovery package.

The question IS, why did the Republicans accuse the Democrats of UNAMERICAN behavior when THEY didn't support Bush...

Are you going to say that NOT supporting Bush WAS Unpatriotic, but NOT supporting Obama is simply smart policy?? I'll bet you would.

It's a question of BEHAVIOR - not policy. And, the Republicans behave badly.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Hello again, 450:

Try to focus. That wasn't the question I asked.

The Democrats didn't like the Bush doctrine any more than you like the economy recovery package.

The question IS, why did the Republicans accuse the Democrats of UNAMERICAN behavior when THEY didn't support Bush....

Are you going to say that NOT supporting Bush WAS Unpatriotic, but NOT supporting Obama is simply smart policy???? I'll bet you would.

It's a question of BEHAVIOR - not policy. And, the Republicans behave badly.

excon
    How many times do I have to answer your question?
    I SAID,
    Because it is probably the dumbest of the dumbest ideal to come out of the infertile minds of the far left in the last 50 years that's why!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    No one is referring to the far left, in the same way that there's no point in mentioning what the far right is doing - both are fanatics and fanatics are dangerous.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Where is their own patriotism now that economic terror is inflicting far more harm on the country than Saddam Hussein’s nonexistent W.M.D.????

You know, I've mentioned several times here on these pages, that the reason the left doesn't accuse the right of UN patriotic behavior, is because the left wingers are MUCH better people than the righty's are.

They're better looking too.

excon
    Huh? Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: Pelosi calls House GOP “unpatriotic”
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:44 AM
    She said it was unpatriotic for Repubs not to even show up. What's that got to do with excon's point?
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Hello again, 450:

Try to focus...It's a question of BEHAVIOR - not policy. And, the Republicans behave badly.

excon
    Furthermore, "Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-Pa.) on Friday suggested Democratic leaders did not solicit enough input from House Republicans on the financial rescue package…
    Asked whether House GOP lawmakers are right to believe they were slighted, Kanjorski replied, “I don’t know that we included them in enough, and that’s always a dangerous thing in politics. Remember, you’re dealing with egomaniacs. We’re all egomaniacs down here.” Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: No, there was no deal on the bailout before McCain got there
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:45 AM

Nk,
    This is what EC says, So, why aren't the right wingers
    What is NOT FAR about that?
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Hot Air » About
    Hot Air: Welcome to the world's first full-service conservative Internet broadcast network!

Michelle Malkin
    Founder, Hot Air
    Well we know where you get your talking points now. LOL!
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:54 AM
    You know, I've mentioned several times here on these pages, that the reason the left doesn't accuse the right of UN patriotic behavior, is because the left wingers are MUCH better people....
    excon
    You don't drink what?

Unpatriotic Republicans?
    In light of John Dingell's and Jennifer Granholm's recent statements attacking the patriotism of Republicans who opposed the auto bailout, John Henke rounds up a few other recent examples of Democrats' criticism of "un-American" and "anti-patriotic" Republicans:

"[Some Southern Senators] unpatriotically blocked a bill... " -- Rep. Dingell

"It is unacceptable for this un-American, frankly, behavior of these U.S. senators... " -- Gov. Jennifer Granholm [... ]

"John Ashcroft is not a patriot."—Howard Dean

"[In the Bush administration, there is] a group of people around the President whose main allegiance is to each other and their ideology rather than to the United States."—Howard Dean

"We hear them in the cries of the false patriots who bully dissenters into silence and submission".—Ted Kennedy

"I don't think it's patriotic to put on a flight suit and prance around on the deck of an aircraft carrier looking for a photo op." — Gen. Wesley Clark

"The policy that the administration is following in Iraq is... anti-patriotic at the core... " — Sen. Bob Graham

Posted by John McCormack on The Weekly Standard
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Hot Air » About

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Hello wingers of all persuasions,... when THEY don't go along with Obama's recovery program, as NONE of them have?

excon
    Furthermore, "Republicans in the House had sound political reasons to obey their leadership and vote against the stimulus package.

They complain that Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats did not get Obama's memo about bipartisanship and claim they were shut out of framing a bill they say features unnecessary spending and insufficient tax cuts." Is Obama's post-partisan politics dead on arrival?

And, " A failure by House Democratic leaders to allow bipartisan input into an $819 billion economic stimulus proposal was a key reason U.S. Rep. Paul E. Kanjorski said he voted against it this week.

Efforts to reach Kanjorski, D-Nanticoke, for comment were unsuccessful, but his office provided a copy of a statement he read on the House floor before the vote."
    Kanjorski voted against stimulus because plan wasn't bipartisan | News | citizensvoice.com | The Citizens' Voice

Enough prattle about bipartisanship and patriotism. Can't we agree that there are 'patriotic' American communists and 'patriotic' libertarians?
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams

these people are playing douchebag psych-out games with each other
    Click your ruby slippers together three times and repeat: They can’t be that stupid, they can’t be that stupid, they can’t be that stupid…
    Those facts from your site of facts?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Hot Air » About

Please, spare us, NK. What difference does the source make if it's the truth? Have you even noticed hat the first ten items on Hotair are direct links to a variety of news sources? As of this writing those links include the Washington Times, US News & World Report, The Hill, Politico and the Washington Post. We sure can't trust any of those can we?
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 07:28 AM

You must be more specific, ex. Who was calling who unpatriotic? I don’t recall calling anyone unpatriotic about anything much less “Iraq, Gitmo, or rendition and stuff.” Perhaps I did but I sure don’t recall it, in fact I’m quite sure I’ve said I don’t doubt the patriotism of the left – however misguided I think it may be.

But as to your question, why would it be unpatriotic to oppose more government power, wasteful spending and a lack of accountability? I’m relatively certain based on your past statements you wouldn’t think that unpatriotic.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Hello again:

The point I'm making is LOST on you right wingers... Really lost... I don't know why. You thought I was asking about policies, but I wasn't. I thought I explained my question pretty good, too. But, you didn't get it... I was asking about your arrogance.

You THINK you have the franchise on patriotism. How has that worked for you?

George asked about what Michael Steele is going to have to do to rebuild the party... IF he lives under that same misapprehension, then there's NOTHING he can do. The Republican party is doomed and will continue its decline...

If he DOESN'T live there, then his biggest job will be to convince the rest of you. I don't think he can do it. Do you?

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Hello again:

The point I'm making is LOST on you right wingers... Really lost... I don't know why. You thought I was asking about policies, but I wasn't. I thought I explained my question pretty good, too. But, you didn't get it... I was asking about your arrogance.
    If I haven’t been claiming the left is unpatriotic how does that show arrogance? I thought my point was pretty simple, too.

You THINK you have the franchise on patriotism. How has that worked for you?
    Again, if I said don’t doubt the patriotism of the left how does that show I think we have the franchise on patriotism? If we have to assume that all Republicans are as you define us and that Steele is no different then you may be right, Steele can’t rebuild the party. But since we don’t and I don’t believe he does either, I think there’s a good chance you’ll see a resurgence of the GOP. What will work is for the GOP to be more “one way” as in a return to conservatism, and to build on the true diversity of our party in reaching out further to minorities.

The Dems don’t have a lock on diversity ex, they have an image of such and portray an image of Republicans as a party of rich white men that we have to overcome. Steele is another example of Republicans advancing minorities to places of prominence that the left not only refuses to give us credit for, they attack them as traitors to their race... just as they did to the first black Secretary of State, the first black female Secretary of State and Steele himself. Steele dares to be different from the 90 percent of blacks that voted for Obama and that bodes well for our party even if we have to kick and scratch all the way to beat back the inevitable onslaught from the left. I'm sure Steele and most Republicans welcome and invite all those who dare to be different and courageous enough to escape the clutches of a party that takes advantage of them, uses them as pawns in their power play and could care less about really empowering them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Newly Pregnant. [ 1 Answers ]

I took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it came out positive. Is there anyway I could find out how many weeks I am without going to a doctor?

Newly Weds [ 1 Answers ]

"If you'll make the toast and pour the juice, sweetheart," said the newlywed bride, "breakfast will be ready." "Good, what are we having for breakfast," said the new husband. "Toast and juice," she replied. :p

Newly Certified [ 10 Answers ]

:D I don't usually toot my own horn, but I am so proud of myself I just had to say something. I passed the Wine and Spirit Education Trust Exam- Intermediate Level. Wipeee! Go me! Actually I took it with my mom... and we had a blast. I am so proud of myself... you would think that I got a masters...

Newly Wed.and nothing going on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I have been married for about 6 months now. That would be all well and good except that because of circumstances out of our control, we needed to move in with my parents for about a year. That has not been a big problem. They give us our space and respect our position and how...

View more questions Search