Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhorm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Can I break my lease because of a car burglary
    A bunch of cars were broken into this morning including mine. First for my car but, second time this has happened. Can I break my lease because of this? Is the parking lot considered a common area? The landlord must provide safe conditions to all common areas. Thanks
    iwantanswers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I don't believe so. You are responsible for that. You can complain and see if neighbors will too so that you landlord can consider security but as for breaking your lease due to the break-in... I don't believe you can. Sorry to tell you that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to break my lease agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in South Carolina, and have recently started having some medical complications that is limiting my ability to work, and the quantity of work that I am allowed to do. Because of this my income has been greatly diminished. My lease doesn't end for another 6 months. Is there a way for me to...

Break Oregon lease [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a 12 month lease in October 2006. It is a privately owned condo and I signed the lease with a property management company. In the first couple of weeks we started having problems. Dog owners not picking up after their dogs and people just throwing garbage on the ground not into the huge...

Can I break my lease [ 2 Answers ]

Can I as a tenant break my lease and what happens if I do this is a Texas realtors lease

Break Lease Clause [ 7 Answers ]

Greetings - My wife is starting her own business and will be renting space above a dentist (who owns the building). He wants to lease the office space for 2 years. We are OK with doing that, however, I want to protect myself in the even the business does not work out ("Expect the Best :D ,...

Can I break the lease? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in a one year lease on a house and I've decided to buy a home instead of rent. I'll be closing on the house that I'm buying at the end of this month and I have notified my landlord verbally but not in writing yet. He said that I would be stuck in the lease until it was up so I'll be paying my...

View more questions Search