Ask
    mae2059 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Converting moles and grams
    How do you convert moles and grams?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Well, moles work in a way such that 1 mole of a substance weighs it's molecular or atomic mass in grams. It's designed to work that way. So 1 mole of carbon-12 weighs 12 grams.

Once you understand what a mole is, the conversion is easy to figure out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Converting Grams to Moles [ 6 Answers ]

To convert from grams to moles, would you divide? Sorry that my first question is a little vague. Also, I am not sure how to convert from moles back to grams. Let me know if more information is needed in order to help me out.

Moles from grams [ 2 Answers ]

Given this equation; 2H2 + O2 = 2H20 answer the following; a) If you start with 10.0g of H2, how many mol of H20 is produced? Why do I get the answe of 5 moles? I know the answer is 4.95moles. I can't figure it out.

Chemistry grams [ 1 Answers ]

if you have a balanced equation and already know the grams of one substance but need to find the grams another substance. How do you do that?

How many grams of which reactant remains? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I'm stuck in South Korea where I can't find any chemistry books and this question is driving me nuts!! Can someone please help? Chlorine dioxide, ClO2, has been used as a disinfectant in air conditioning systems. It reacts With water according to the reaction: ClO2 + H2O ---> HClO3 + HCl...

How many grams of sugar [ 4 Answers ]

How many grams sugar should a healthy adult have a day?

View more questions Search